Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Am I the only one that found the docuseries problematic and disingenuous.
She almost fucking died and has suffered health issues that will affect her for the rest of her life;
* loss of sight
* brain damage
Are there anymore I'm missing out?

And living life in the public eye is clearly something she can't do. No one is forcing her to keep going on. She'll get residual royalties from her music and Disney. There is no reason to keep it up. We aren't asking you to die of a drug overdose like Judy Garland.
She just comes off to me as so ungrateful for it. Without pageants, Barney and Friends and Disney she might have never gotten her big break.
In her last documentary she said that's what she wanted. She wanted stardom and fame, this is what you asked for. And you have the gall to blame your addiction on others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I just watched the music video and now everything about this feels exploitative and like a good PR coup for her album. I don't think she's recovered and I don't think she wants to be.
She admits in the song she can't have a little red wine but suddenly California sober works?
She's an addict. She's lying. She will be dead before 30 if she doesn't get real help, without enablers.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

amymouse

Yes, I assumed I would be very sympathetic but in the end I wasn't. I just felt like her addiction/non addiction is a huge industry in itself. that the people labelled as her 'friends' were really top fans and not equal. Really felt uncomfortable with the whole adulation in the documentary format. Felt it was abused by her. And considering how she is accused of being a super manipulator in the past, I felt it was very disingenuous

Reactions: 7

KINGAA

VIP Member
I’m yet to watch it I keep meaning to but then mum life 🤣. What happened to her was tragic she is so so lucky to still be here. I believe she is still taking drugs ☹. I know addiction is something else and especially once you go down the road of drugs such as heroine.
She took Heroin after her almost fatal overdose, she almost died and is blind because of it and she still took heroin. Now she’s a California druggie which is Weed & Wine or something. It was a good watch but you can’t trust her, her whole family and team have said she’s the best liar you’ll ever meet - you could tell she wasn’t being 100% honest

Reactions: 7

Burritobowl

Everything is just so shady. I am not a fan of her music, but I feel for her. I do not trust any of her 'friends' nor her 'sobriety' team, they are yess people and will encourage anything she says. If Demi wants to be sober, they go 'yeiii', if she want's to be on weed and wine, they go 'yeii', if she is doing hard drugs, they go 'well, she is a grown up woman, she knows her limits', what kind of BS is that?

I hope she gets the help she needs, but I truly believe she doesn't want to atm. She herself said she is very good at lying, and she fooled (or did she?) everyone around her when she claimed she was sober, so I don't see a reason not to believe she can get a hand or the hard stuff whenever she wants.

Also, I am very very curious about who the drug dealer is, I mean, everyone kind of already knew him at partys and seems very well possitioned in the Hollywood circle, and of course wtf happened in Camp Rock, it seems that her life started going down into a spiral in those years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

KINGAA

VIP Member
Am I the only one that found the docuseries problematic and disingenuous.
She almost fucking died and has suffered health issues that will affect her for the rest of her life;
* loss of sight
* brain damage
Are there anymore I'm missing out?

And living life in the public eye is clearly something she can't do. No one is forcing her to keep going on. She'll get residual royalties from her music and Disney. There is no reason to keep it up. We aren't asking you to die of a drug overdose like Judy Garland.
She just comes off to me as so ungrateful for it. Without pageants, Barney and Friends and Disney she might have never gotten her big break.
In her last documentary she said that's what she wanted. She wanted stardom and fame, this is what you asked for. And you have the gall to blame your addiction on others.
The whole thing was questionable. I don’t know much about her but I feel like she’s clinging on to lgbtq+ to feel like she belongs somewhere and is accepted rather than be known as she said “junkie”, it’s a group she can use as an armour. I think addicts are addicts in every shape and form and moderation will just not work for her, it’s like she said. Heroin became not enough so how long until weed is not enough?

Reactions: 5

LongishCat

VIP Member
The most frustrating thing is that you know she'll never issue a real apology either 🙄
If she says anything else about this matter, it'll be your standard fauxpology, "sorry you were offended, I'm living my thruth" and yadayadayada...

With the first episode of her recent documentary, I felt bad for her. But by the last episode I had a bad taste in my mouth. This was nothing but a PR stunt, she hasn't recovered. She STILL uses drugs and drinks alcohol. I saw an article (admittedly, I didn't read it in detail) in which she said that drugs are bad, but they also saved her from her suicidal thoughts. You can't make this shit up, she still has an awful relationship with drugs.
But she had a new album to flog.

I don't think she's genuine at all. They all said she's very manipulative...

LongishCat

VIP Member

Born with a penis you're a man. Born with a vagina you're a woman. When you get older if you want to be trans good for you being the person you want to be so if you were born one sex but now want to be called the other even if you haven't had the op then that's fine. I have worked with a few trans people before and you just see the personality like you should in every one. But the whole idea of not wanting to be known as one or the other like Sam Smith and others before her sorry they I just don't understand.
Yeah, I try to be open minded, but it's difficult to wrap your head around non-binary/gender fluid/etc.
I guess I just don't know enough about the topic 🤷‍♀️

bettybutler

Chatty Member
Hmm, watching the last episode atm.
I don't trust tge "moderation" thing, as Elton John said, it doesn't work.
It does sound like it's a disaster waiting to happen 😩

@weaselredhair : yeah, she should get out of the spotlight. She can't cope.
And he is a man of experience! I have to agree if it’s a massive problem in your life you need to cut it out! If moderation worked before she wouldn’t have been in this situation! I absolutely adore her ! But I’m Worried this won’t be the last time for her!

KINGAA

VIP Member
Shes not sober she smokes weed and drinks some alcohol shes said this for a while but i think shes not allowed to say to much because so much info is in the doc if that make sense ?

Her way has always been to stay sober so i think she wants to try moderation she saids green is key she goes no where near the hard stuff and shes done this for going on 2 years i think so i dont know im a massive fan of demi and i just think addiction is so hard ive had family members deal with addiction and i can tell u now its so hard part of u wants to let them go because in all honesty an addict is hard to deal with but its an illness sadly i do think growing up in the spotlight just magnifies all your problems
I think it’s only a matter of time before she goes back onto the hard stuff, i feel very sad for her!

• Sad

Spendspendspend

Oh god, this was a hard watch for me. I relate to Demi's story in many ways, my biological father had serious alcohol issues which were sadly passed down to me. I also had a very serious hospitalisation after overdose in 2014, unfortunately I went down a similar road to Demi and fooled myself (and many of those around me) into thinking I could just moderate until eventually I got sober in late 2019 (edit to add, this obviously resulted in many other serious incidents that could have been avoided had I just quit after the overdose, but here we are).

I'm so grateful to still be here, and I so empathise with where she's at -- accepting that you simply can't take substances full stop is such a gut punch, especially when you're biologically driven to crave them and everyone around you seems to cope fine. The big difference between my story and Demi's is that I'm just your average Joe Soap on the street, I didn't have any sort of platform where I could promote the idea of "California sober". Elton said it best in the documentary, people like us cannot moderate -- and to give someone else who's living with addiction what feels like a get out of jail card by acting like this alternative path works could actually cost someone their life.

I don't think she has insight right now into any of this, and that's okay but it's hard for me to watch knowing the potential consequences of her message for herself and others.

• Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
Also, I am very very curious about who the drug dealer is, I mean, everyone kind of already knew him at partys and seems very well possitioned in the Hollywood circle, and of course wtf happened in Camp Rock, it seems that her life started going down into a spiral in those years.

I can’t imagine been her parent or friend 🤯. I think she’s defiantly still taking class As. With some people it doesn’t matter what amount of help you can get or what you can get materialisticly or search for something to fill the void even then they will never ‘want’ to get clean I defiantly think she’s one of those sadly.
I don’t think her mother seemed to really care, her sisters in particular the one from Desperate Housewives seemed to care more. My mother would of moved in with me and not left me alone to my own devices, the fact that they found out through TMZ and friends not straight away from those on scene was a little suspicious to me that they aren’t maybe as close as they were making out. The fact that her mum seemed to be like oh great she’s moving in for the pandemic, Demi is clearly lonely and I think that’s why she looked for things to do which ends up being bad things.

Last edited:

LongishCat

VIP Member
Hmm, watching the last episode atm.
I don't trust tge "moderation" thing, as Elton John said, it doesn't work.
It does sound like it's a disaster waiting to happen 😩

@weaselredhair : yeah, she should get out of the spotlight. She can't cope.

Reactions: 4

KINGAA

VIP Member
Oh man, she's problematic 😳
She should really take a step back and reevaluate things, because this is just embarrasing...
This one has a list with previous controversies.
She's not doing herself any favours by adding this to the list...
It’s like she doesn’t want to be liked or something?! Just when she starts to get people back on her side she opens her mouth.

There are so many reasons why it’s amazing that a frozen yogurt store is catering for different dietary requirements, it’s not their fault or their customers who might not be able to have “full sugar” “full fat” is so triggering to the superstar that is Demi Lovato... why not send just her assistant in or get someone else to order to spare her walking past sugar free cookies?!

As someone with medical dietary requirement this does make me sad, there plenty of other issues she could fight against such as diet teas, diet pills, fad diets, influencers who’s what I eat in a day is problematic or even the Instagram filters she used to change her face....

It’s funny how drugs and alcohol seems to be fine to talk about and keep using but a diet candy bar.... Jesus Christ!

Last edited:

I'm not Putin

VIP Member
tw suicide addiction eating disorder warning

So demi released her much anticipated docuseries dancing with the devil

and wow this was a tough watch we only have 2 parts so far but for someone like that come out and speak the ugly truth of addiction is so brave i know there is a lot of stigma around pop stars and them speaking about struggles because people almost see them as not human

but she really told us every thing and i admire her for that so far so good if you watched it what did you think

KINGAA

VIP Member
Is this girl for real, she’s posted two stories after going on and on about sugar free food and how it’s triggering for her with a past ED and she’s just posted a photo of drug apparatus and her using it.... what is going on with her?! She is incredibly dangerous and problematic!

E7C5D959-0C30-4CFC-974C-728FCB13DC36.jpeg

727E6B77-F184-45CD-8D2E-ED075DF5D001.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Born with a penis you're a man. Born with a vagina you're a woman. When you get older if you want to be trans good for you being the person you want to be so if you were born one sex but now want to be called the other even if you haven't had the op then that's fine. I have worked with a few trans people before and you just see the personality like you should in every one. But the whole idea of not wanting to be known as one or the other like Sam Smith and others before her sorry they I just don't understand.

LongishCat

VIP Member
Oh man, she's problematic 😳
She should really take a step back and reevaluate things, because this is just embarrasing...
This one has a list with previous controversies.
She's not doing herself any favours by adding this to the list...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3