Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her bugaboo is gifted, I was wondering about this the other day actually, as she always @s them when she shows the baby in the pram. And I was thinking it’s crappy of a very very rich woman to snap up a free pram when she could afford lots of bugaboos if she wanted... she could have given it away or something, but you know 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Yep exactly. I’m an expecting FTM and she is just another one promoting an unattainable lifestyle to the masses

Her latest stories.. she’s ok to make everyone think she can do it all, it’s just her being a working mum taking her baby on photoshoots making sure there is a gram photo of her working and holding her. And she now discloses that she’s actually had a nanny the entire time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The nanny wasn’t new information, it’s been mentioned before, same for the bugaboo, it was gifted, she’s thanked them in her stories. I’ve never really understood why instagrammers get criticised for keeping a gifted item, the brand would be really pissed off if it was given away as the whole point of them gifting it is for the repeated exposure on their platform, them regularly using it is the advertising they want, thats why they send it in the first place

The nanny wasn’t new information, it’s been mentioned before, same for the bugaboo, it was gifted, she’s thanked them in her stories. I’ve never really understood why instagrammers get criticised for keeping a gifted item, the brand would be really pissed off if it was given away as the whole point of them gifting it is for the repeated exposure on their platform, them regularly using it is the advertising they want, thats why they send it in the first place
Problem is that every time the bugaboo (or any other gifted item) is featured on her story or feed it must be made clear it is #gifted and she isn't doing that which is breaking asa rules and promoting underhand advertising

Reactions: 9
Ok that is totally fine about the nanny thing. I must have missed her mention of that. I do still think it a bit weak to paint yourself as some heroic working mother when she has the privilege to then hand the baby to a nanny while she really gets to work. I’m talking about the staged photo of her breastfeeding while setting up a photo shoot.

And if she’s tagging bugaboo every time she should be saying #gifted every time

Reactions: 4
I cant believe her food range is still growing. Who is buying those tiny freezer meals for £3 a pop? They're mostly beans and so overpriced. I checked one and it was 270 Cals! In no way suitable for an adult as a meal. I'd need at least 3 on an inactive day for 1 meal.

Just chuck in a tomato, beans, onion and spices to make your own chilli for 95% cheaper and freeze it. Then you can get a proper portion.

Suspect 5 star reviews too, all done on the same day that don't sound like a real person.

Reactions: 6
Just a quick look at a random post from when she started her blog

the first one I clicked on https://web.archive.org/web/20120621184543/http://deliciouslyella.com/

She's got some nerve claiming she didn't mention eating clean or fake science. Her homemade almond milk does not have as much calcium as dairy milk and doesn't contain vitamin D. Shop bought stuff thats had added vitamins will though.

"So light, clean and fresh."

"The blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries combine so perfectly to create the most wonderful balance of juicy flavours. Juicing also gives you the most intense intake of raw vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants, all of which help to cleanse and restore the body. Try starting your day with one, it’ll make you glow inside and out."

"Raw homemade juices are also infinitely better than any store brought ones since the nutrient levels fall dramatically about twenty minutes after they’re made and the biophotons, the light rays of energy plants get from the sun, are also lost in all commercial juice "

"I love almond milk. It’s so beautifully smooth and creamy, with a wonderfully rich flavour. It tastes perfect on its own, with granola or smoothies for breakfast, and as a milk substitute in every recipe. It’s also unbelievably good for you. It contains just as much calcium as normal milk, but unlike cows milk, which we are really not designed to digest, it really nurtures your body. Did you know that seven out of ten people don’t have the enzyme to digest dairy properly? An intolerance like this can explain a whole number of issues, not only digestive but acne, eczema, headaches and lethargy amongst others. Almond milk on the other hand, is higher in vitamins, especially vitamin A, D and the beautifying vitamin E which does wonders for your hair, skin and nails. Even better, it has no saturated fat or simple sugars, it’s been shown to lower cholesterol and has many few calories than both skimmed milk and soy milk. "

"My other guideline is to always eat pure, clean, unprocessed, unrefined and plant-based foods. This is really important as this is what enables you to live by my first philosophy – if you only eat food that your body needs and loves then your digestive system works a million times faster and more efficiently, allowing you to easily process and breakdown everything that you put into your body."
What a load of shite. And factually incorrect to boot!

I cant believe her food range is still growing. Who is buying those tiny freezer meals for £3 a pop? They're mostly beans and so overpriced. I checked one and it was 270 Cals! In no way suitable for an adult as a meal. I'd need at least 3 on an inactive day for 1 meal.

Just chuck in a tomato, beans, onion and spices to make your own chilli for 95% cheaper and freeze it. Then you can get a proper portion.

Suspect 5 star reviews too, all done on the same day that don't sound like a real person.
A friend of mine is obsessed with her food and I do not get it.

Reactions: 1
Must admit I got really sucked into the whole clean eating thing. It was the first time I wasn't counting anything and tbf it worked at first. Find it interesting how all the people I followed quickly rejected it. DE becoming essentially a Mum page is just a hard pass from me.

Reactions: 2
Sorry sorry I hate being this person, but I’ve got to weigh in. Agree the staring at the camera stuff is strange, but with the milk supply, her POTS will be causing her issues, if she gets exhausted her nervous system can’t regulate itself like others can, her heart will work harder to pump blood around, making her tire more easily, meaning her milk supply will dip (I’m a fellow sufferer and experience it myself, I couldn’t not comment)
But, didn't she claim she cured herself of POTS?

• Haha
I know it’s priced ridiculously how do people afford to pay £2 for one energy ball. I quite like the bars she makes but will only buy when they are on sale! And though the same about the freezer meals. Her Bircher is £4 for oats with about 2 freeze dried raspberries and tastes AWFUL

Reactions: 2
I know it’s priced ridiculously how do people afford to pay £2 for one energy ball. I quite like the bars she makes but will only buy when they are on sale! And though the same about the freezer meals. Her Bircher is £4 for oats with about 2 freeze dried raspberries and tastes AWFUL
Would be easy to make this yourself. I do, all the time, but use whole oats. You could whizz them up in a blender if you wanted to make them smaller.

Reactions: 1
A friend of mine is obsessed with her food and I do not get it.
I think it's very easy to fall for, just make this curry and energy ball to cure so many illnesses and look great. Eating less junk is good, but she didn't invent any of the recipes in her book, just lifted from blogs.

I had one of her energy cups, they were definitely made with the cheap coconut oil with a funny aftertaste - not the extra virgin raw she says to use.

I think people get them rather than a £4 bit of cake while out and about. Just stick dates oats and almonds in a nutribullet and blend for 15 seconds then roll. Save yourself 90%.

She's all about the money, get my app for 99p a month, buy my £4 oats 🤑

Reactions: 5
I think the thing that annoys me the most about DE is her complete lack of integrity and humility.

Nowt wrong with formula feeding- but saw on her stories today that she formula feeds as she was unable to keep her milk supply up after returning to work so soon after birth. (I mean, It wouldn't take an expert to understand that returning to work so soon after birth would affect your ability to breast feed)

Just find it quite ironic, considering she bangs on about having the perfect vegan diet and being the perfect mother- the reality is it's not that quite simple or easy. I dont think she would get the irony of banging on about clean plant based diet when she gives her child formula *cough* cows milk *cough*. The irony also being she returned to work so soon to keep on top of her brand, when she didn't need to (she has a lot of money and so does her husband!) So to preach this vegan diet to everyone else 🤣

Again, this isn't a dig at formula feeding. More that she has no integrity and shes obviously kept it quiet until now as it doesn't fit in with her brand of vegan based diet and parenting.

Reality isn't black and white. It isn't perfect. I really hope this was a bit of a reality check for her that you cant have it all and perhaps you shouldn't be so sanctimonious.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree... Apparently she had mentioned having a nanny on stories but not any normal posts so you could very much be tricked into thinking that she has magically found the perfect work-life balance based on her grid posts.

Reactions: 6
I agree... Apparently she had mentioned having a nanny on stories but not any normal posts so you could very much be tricked into thinking that she has magically found the perfect work-life balance based on her grid posts.
Oh the Nanny has been around since the first week or two! Oh how the other half live.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.