Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried the Deliciously Ella Fudgy Chocolate Brownie yesterday as it was £2 on offer in Tesco.

It's a 3/10. The main ingredient is coconut sugar which isn't really any healthier than normal sugar, why didn't they use dates to get all that fibre in? The chia seeds haven't been ground up so has that funny texture, you're supposed to grind them to make a vegan egg replacement for cakes.

Taste was ok, but had unhealthy ingredients like sunflower oil. I've made far better brownies from just blending oats, dates, cocoa, vanilla and chia seeds for 90% cheaper.
i assume this is just as dates etc would be more expensive? its ridiculous as i cannot inagine she would even eat that herself

Reactions: 3
Just saw her crackers.. £1.19 for a tiny snack size portion?! They must be magic crackers...

Reactions: 4
Ugh she has just done an advert for Sweaty Betty (on their insta). I don’t buy too much stuff from there but this just totally puts me off

Reactions: 2

Yel

i assume this is just as dates etc would be more expensive? its ridiculous as i cannot inagine she would even eat that herself
Yep it's all done to maximise profits.

Sweaty Betty have always used infuencers alot, it's average quality stuff with a nice design but sold at a huge premium. I've got friends that rave about it but even at half price it's still overpriced for what it is and doesn't last longer than stuff for a fraction of the price.

Yel

She’s gone very quiet recently, do you think she’s pregnant again?
Maybe she's just happy to be insanely wealthy from the product line and less interested in the fame after manyyears of it.

Her Wikipedia page is pretty shady now

Eleanor Laura Davan Mills (née Woodward; born 31 May 1991) is a British food writer and entrepreneur under the brand Deliciously Ella. She was an advocate of clean eating but turned against it after a media backlash that questioned its health benefits and says she never used the term herself. Her clean eating series of books was called by The Guardian "arguably the most successful fad diet cookbook series in recent years".

Reactions: 4
She's closed the deli and actually blamed it on corona virus! I'm not in business myself but even I know that 3 weeks of poor sales do not equal shutting shop...... UNLESS you are already in trouble and needing an excuse? I wonder what the real deal is?

Reactions: 9
She's closed the deli and actually blamed it on corona virus! I'm not in business myself but even I know that 3 weeks of poor sales do not equal shutting shop...... UNLESS you are already in trouble and needing an excuse? I wonder what the real deal is?
It must have been doing seriously badly for her to close.. surely she would have been able to use her income from all her ridiculous ready meals etc to support it otherwise

Reactions: 2
It must have been doing seriously badly for her to close.. surely she would have been able to use her income from all her ridiculous ready meals etc to support it otherwise
I’ve never got the impression it’s doing particularly well - I remember they had a second one that they shut ages ago, too. To be honest, though, it’s quite a niche thing - and the rise of veganism won’t have helped it as there’s now so much more competition.

I honestly wonder how profitable Deliciously Ella actually is. They portray this great lifestyle on Instagram (lovely house, etc) but I think people forget that she’s a Sainsbury’s heiress and his Mum was an MP.

Reactions: 9
I heard they're letting people go from her food company as well.
I don't think the deliciously ella comany has many staff. Like Kylie cosmetics just a handful of staff and the rest is subcontracted. Her and her husband have raised millions from investors, I'm not convinced they've turned a profit yet.

The products were very overpriced for what they were, I can't see people paying twice as much as a nakd bar or five times as much as other muesli these days.

I don't think the deliciously ella comany has many staff. Like Kylie cosmetics just a handful of staff and the rest is subcontracted. Her and her husband have raised millions from investors, I'm not convinced they've turned a profit yet.

The products were very overpriced for what they were, I can't see people paying twice as much as a nakd bar or five times as much as other muesli these days.
yeh I think her brand was mainly based on fan girls who were much younger than her and most likely getting money from their parents, most of the reviews of her stuff seemed to be by bloggers etc. and (I assume) were most likely #gifted before the regulations came into play. Did anyone ever visit any of her cafes?

Reactions: 5

When i lived in London I popped in once looking for a healthy lunch alternative....my word the prices....a tiny salad, slither of cake and a juice was just shy of £30.....i can’t imagine there were many repeat customers.....it wasn’t anything special that made you want to rush back. I could get 3 courses at The Ivy for cheaper.....

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I heard they're letting people go from her food company as well.
I was wondering if she would do that. I know times are tough but she had a story not so long ago about Morrison’s continuing to pre pay for her products during this crisis and I bet her product sales have gone through the roof so I hope she is paying that on to her staff.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.