Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No offense but I couldn't imagine anything worse than two kids close together. Friends of mine that have done that said it was hard with two kids in nappies, not able to feed themselves etc and they wish they had a bigger gap between them.

Reactions: 3
I’m pregnant with my first and can’t think of anything worse! Each to their own but 🙅‍♀️

Reactions: 1
No offense but I couldn't imagine anything worse than two kids close together. Friends of mine that have done that said it was hard with two kids in nappies, not able to feed themselves etc and they wish they had a bigger gap between them.
Ella is able to afford as many staff as she needs to keep on top of two children, I’m sure they’ll manage.

Reactions: 9
Anybody see her latest chickpea and x101010 different types of tomato on her insta? It’s like she doesn’t know there are other ingredients. All her recipes must taste the same. Plus sometimes to shake things up a bit she’ll mix some coconut yoghurt into a random meal that just does not neee coconut

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anybody see her latest chickpea and x101010 different types of tomato on her insta? It’s like she doesn’t know there are other ingredients. All her recipes must taste the same. Plus sometimes to shake things up a bit she’ll mix some coconut yoghurt into a random meal that just does not neee coconut
Sooo bland. She also adds so many dates, syrup, etc to stuff...she must have quite a lot of daily sugar.

Reactions: 2
I always thought it weird when she added coconut yoghurt to everything at the end, thought I must just be uncultured 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I finally have to unfollow her. I can’t stand the next few months of awkward here’s my non existent baby bump with those scary wide eyed no change in expression selfies

Reactions: 12
I finally have to unfollow her. I can’t stand the next few months of awkward here’s my non existent baby bump with those scary wide eyed no change in expression selfies
you are right, she looks completely creepy and deranged in her selfies!

Reactions: 4

Yel

those scary wide eyed no change in expression selfies
How dare you 😆 if this is the stuff she posts on her grid I'd hate to see the ones that didn't make it

Screenshot_2020-04-09-16-26-32-547_com.instagram.android.jpg

She makes a "recipe" paragraphs long that's just boiled potatoes, baked asparagus with rocket and (bought) hummus.

Giving 50% of the profits of her new £55 t shirt is a bit troublesome. How much of the £55 do they work out as profit after all of their hidden undisclosed fees? Then it's a good gesture bit at the same time only half of the profits to the NHS and multi millionaire Ella pockets the rest of the "stay at home" proffits 🤷‍♀️ is half of the profits being used to buy her own snacks at retail price to then donate and make another big deal about shouting about charity work? I wouldn't put it past her. Then there's the irony of selling clothing to say stay at home that lots of people will need to work to get it delivered to your home, who have little choice and need to keep working

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I’ve been struggling to like her lately. I was a big supporter as we share the same medical conditions but recently I can see just how ruthless and shallow she’s become, having heard about how she ripped off other companies ideas, people who were supposedly her friends, the latest product she’s unveiling is directly stolen from her now ex best friend, she has NO loyalty!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’ve been struggling to like her lately. I was a big supporter as we share the same medical conditions but recently I can see just how ruthless and shallow she’s become, having heard about how she ripped off other companies ideas, people who were supposedly her friends, the latest product she’s unveiling is directly stolen from her now ex best friend, she has NO loyalty!
What product is this? I no longer follow her.

It’ll probably be £3 like the rest of the range I reckon, I get the impression they’re working on a frozen cookie dough too

Reactions: 1
She doesn't have a medical condition, she liked a good time at uni and didn't eat

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Here’s my tip for frozen crumble. When making a crumble topping, double or triple the amount and then freeze it ready for your next crumble. I also melt my butter and add to the oats, flour and sugar, it’s less faff than adding with your fingers.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know what the beef is between her and Livia's kitchen? They used to be friends (Olivia, the LK founder, made Ella's wedding cake too), and Olivia has alluded to the fact they aren't friends anymore because of product copy-catting on Deliciously Ella's part, but it's all a bit vague. I saw that Olivia just replied to a question on her personal insta story about DE's new crumble launch - she said she was hurt that DE was producing similar products to her brand, and basically ripping off the crumble idea which was Olivia's trademark product when her brand started. What are people's thoughts on their respective products? I've personally tried both and I do like some of their stuff, but they do taste quite same-ish with a similar date-and-oat formula. I like DE's cashew ginger balls and nut butter cups and LK's nugglets are great imo, as are her Dunx cookies. But definitely catering to a v specific market that can afford this kind of price tag on a one-off snack regularly... it's definitely an occasional treat in my household. DE is coming out with frozen cookies too now, it seems. Interested to know how much those cost.

£3 for two little crumbles, they’re on the Tesco grocery site now. I do think some of the products are similar but I’d choose Livia’s Kitchen if I had too, although never realised she did a crumble thought it was all bars and balls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.