Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Napster/Limewire/Bearshare

MSN messenger

MySoace

the original ASOS (As Seen On Screen)

Frank Is Frank (really good clothes site where you could buy Paul Frank & Motel clothes)

Truffle Shuffle (for all the cool slogan T-shirt’s!)

Teen Chat (seemed so innocent at the time but wow, what were we all thinking?!!)

Reactions: 5

bubbadabut

VIP Member
what was thta weird game that was on encarta? I remember playing it while pretending to study in the computer room so we didnt have to go outside in break.
anyone else use the MTV 2chat sites? I used lots of really dodgy chat forums and looking back SO many of the people were clearly adults pretending to be teenagers
Yes I used the MTV chat sites and I also found a good friend through the pen pal section on the MTV music teletext pages. Also C4 had one on their teletext music section "Planet Sound", I think it was called "Zine" and people left their email address and what bands they were into. It does seem so dodgy now 😬

• Haha

Sardine

Chatty Member
Bebo - send me luv ♥♥♥♥

MSN - the notification noise is still engrained in my head

Limewire - I loved destroying the houses computer 😅

MySpace - AHH I was so jealous of the American scene kids 😭

Does anyone remember tinychat? It was like a webcam chat room where they had a chat board and then multiple people on camera up above the chat. I remember having so many arguments with Americans on there.
I remember tiny chat. One time me and my friend trolled this big fat pedalo by getting him to take off his top and jiggle his moobs. We promised to kiss if he did that. Well we didn't 😂😘

Also was jealous of the American scene kids. If you ever read on lolcow, Kiki kannibal had a whole drama I didn't know about. It's kind of sad 😔

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Face party, is that still going? Vampirefreaks as well.
Hollyoaks used to have a forum part with message boards. I got told off for mentioning Trey from the OC got shot to ‘Hide and Seek’ by Imogen Heap. I was so upset I created a new account as I didn’t want people to keep being angry at me 😂
Neighbours (when I watched it) had an Australian website which told you what was coming up in the next week and had pictures. As someone who can’t help herself when it comes to spoilers, I was all over that!

• Haha

Betty-xoxox

Does anyone remember smarterchild on msn messenger!? Was a bot. God I remember trying to outsmart it and be sassy towards it 🙈🙈

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
MSN messenger was the shit. After school, that's what I'd be on 🤣
literally from the moment i stepped in the door until the moment I went to bed, with a brief break for dinner :ROFLMAO: remember that obviously fake rumour that if you typed "bomb" they would start moniroting your conversation so everyone just did it all the time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

HowlOwl

VIP Member
The Freeserve chat rooms! (where I met my husband). Also Napster and MSN Messenger. AOL was very popular too, and Yahoo!

I was on Claranet for internet access which showed you a little table of your meagre time allowance per day and the quite high cost at the time, plus the phone line was tied up then.

Reactions: 3

Elliebell2

yes 😂 I think I definitely managed to infect our family computer downloading stuff off there.. and bit torrent. I don’t know if that’s still going
Haha oh god we must have had all sorts of viruses, just glad they weren't as bad then as can be now. At least managed to watch all new films and get all cds I wanted haha

TheScarletgirl

VIP Member
Piczo -would love to remember all the memories
Myspace -same reasons
Channel 4 forums - always enjoyed them sad they don't run them anymore.

Prinfluencer

Holy Moly C"nts corner. If people think tattle is bad they should of read some of the entries on there

Lanie

VIP Member
I cant remember the name of the site but the one that salad fingers videos and devvo.

Devvo was great all the stereotype chav stuff. 😂

• Haha