Dealing with Anxiety

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any advice would be appreciated. I've been really struggling with anxiety and catastrophising about the future. I'm single and moved abroad a few years ago. Barely have a pension, have some money saved but no property, no investments etc and am just so worried that I'm going to have to do life alone and have to look after myself and that I don't have the means. It's sent me into a depression and I just don't know how to get out. I'm on medication now and my third counsellor but I just have no strategies or ways to stop this thinking and get out of this cycle. It's so overwhelming and I just don't enjoy life anymore as I'm worried of what will happen to me 😞

Thinking of everyone else who is struggling. Wish we could feel happy and carefree like others seem to
You are wasting your present by worrying about the future.

Reactions: 2
I'm trying to make small steps but it's hard. I know I'm wasting the present and I'll look back and be so gutted that I let this ruin what should be a great part of my life. I just don't know how to enjoy the present, that's my problem. These thoughts are so hard to suppress and hit me the moment I wake up.
I appreciate your responses ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm trying to make small steps but it's hard. I know I'm wasting the present and I'll look back and be so gutted that I let this ruin what should be a great part of my life. I just don't know how to enjoy the present, that's my problem. These thoughts are so hard to suppress and hit me the moment I wake up.
I understand you, I am the same.
Although I am financially okay, I also live overseas and have never been one for friends, (mostly due to the language barrier, I am not fluent.)
I lost my best friend and could never be that bothered again.
My anxiety mostly stems from being left alone here, I am older and married but sometimes when my husband is out I do wonder what I would do here without him because in all honesty I have no-one else in the whole world.
Sending a 🫂 to let you know you are not on your own with these thoughts x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Look into TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

It's a GODSEND

A lot of time your body is out of balance, hence the anxiety or other symptoms, ie depression, feelings of being overwhelmed.

Hormones can literally wreak havoc with one's life.

I'd highly recommend finding a TCM doctor.

I would also suggest removing alcohol, sugar, caffeine, processed foods & implement an exercise program.

If you don't like working out, find an activity that you enjoy, anything to get you moving. Start changing your lifestyle, one small step at a time.

You will notice a dramatic difference.

If you have the means, I'd also recommend acupuncture and fire cupping.

Haven’t read it but that book called The Power of Now is supposed to be good about living in the present.

T
Haven’t read it but that book called The Power of Now is supposed to be good about living in the present.
Thank you :) I've ordered that and a few others. I do love reading so makes sense to spend my time reading something useful rather than trashy crime thrillers all the time!!

Reactions: 1