David Walliams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is one of those men that you would find out had a really weird fetish - I feel like that’s what is creepy

Reactions: 16
I met him at a work party, years ago. I always had a bit of “a thing” for him which was extinguished as soon as I spoke to him. He was horrible, so rude.

Matt Lucas was lovely though.

Reactions: 19
I don’t find it hard to believe that he’s rude at all. Completely with all those who find him creepy. As for liking younger women, it’s more than rumour - remember about ten years ago when he was at the height of his fame and I guess about 40 and he went out with I think a 19 year old ? She was a socialite or something. Super weird.

Reactions: 6
I don’t mind him but I find the camp act a bit offputting. He plays it up so much that people think he is gay, and it’s very much played for laughs that he acts camp and that doesn’t really sit right with me. To me it feeds into the narrative of alienating gay people by making them an object to laugh at. Like, young men today see that and think oh if you act like that you can be laughed at? This probably makes me sound really snowflake-y, I’m not explaining it as well as I could. 😅 it just doesn’t gel and it’s so tiring to me personally.

I’m sure I read, and this is total unfounded gossip, that he was/is a right sleaze who as @Mustard says prefers much younger women!
You hit the nail on the head there, he’s playing an offensive stereotype and using it to become the nations darling. I’ve always preferred Matt Lucas to Walliams.

Although if I’m honest I “cancelled” them when they did black face on that airport comedy show they did. Just a hard no from me.

My dad hates him, calls him an “odious man”. 😂
Your dad sounds smart 🥳

Reactions: 11
I was listening to the Vanessa Feltz radio programme this morning on BBC Radio London, and his books were discussed. Many adults didn’t like them and said they are Roald Dahl rip offs.

He’s on the One Show tonight.

Reactions: 6
. As for liking younger women, it’s more than rumour - remember about ten years ago when he was at the height of his fame and I guess about 40 and he went out with I think a 19 year old ? She was a socialite or something. Super weird.
Some men like younger women, some women (socialites) like (rich, famous) older men 🤷‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I was listening to the Vanessa Feltz radio programme this morning on BBC Radio London, and his books were discussed. Many adults didn’t like them and said they are Roald Dahl rip offs.

He’s on the One Show tonight.
Yes I’d say you can tell his been inspired by Roald Dahl but absolutely not on par with him at all (not that talented!).

I feel conflicted with celebrities having book deals, on the one hand I’m all for people, Children in particular reading books but, these celebs get book deals as easy as a hot dinners, they also have special deals with book chains to sell more, where the authors that have worked their backsides off who are not known get little to no recognition and no special promotion or deals. It’s unfair, and half of these celebs writing skills are awful (Giovanna fletcher for example).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I did think he was gay, I had no idea that was an act.
It's not an act, my male friend met him at a party and hes very much into men (my friend being one of them), huge willy apparently. This was years ago before he was in Britain's got talent, must have been Little Britain fays as my friend knew who he was.

• Wow
  • Haha
I met him at a work party, years ago. I always had a bit of “a thing” for him which was extinguished as soon as I spoke to him. He was horrible, so rude.

I met Matt Lucas recently after the Les Mis concert. He couldn’t have been more charming. Spent ages chatting to everyone and taking photos after the show. A real delight

Reactions: 14
Yes I’d say you can tell his been inspired by Roald Dahl but absolutely not on par with him at all (not that talented!).

I feel conflicted with celebrities having book deals, on the one hand I’m all for people, Children in particular reading books but, these celebs get book deals as easy as a hot dinners, they also have special deals with book chains to sell more, where the authors that have worked their backsides off who are not known get little to no recognition and no special promotion or deals. It’s unfair, and half of these celebs writing skills are awful (Giovanna fletcher for example).
Never bought one, But apparently the books are very expensive too.

I thought he was gay and trying to pretend to be straight by dating women, he has a son doesn't her? He scores a Yuck/creepy from me anyway

Reactions: 4
He totally gives me the creeps.

Apparently he was chasing after that Ashley James for ages after his divorce and virtually harrassed/ stalked her with unwanted attention. :sick:

Reactions: 2

I also have met David in Reading, he was horrible, i've come across many celebrities but he was just rude, I could tell that Matt would be nice though

Reactions: 5
Well not one person in this thread who has met him or knows someone who has anything nice to say. Usually when discussing a celebrity online, even a real tit, you get someone pop up with a positive experience. Or vice versa, the famous person was having a bad day or the fan was the entitled sort ...

But it’s all pretty damning for sleazy mr Walliams...

To me he’s one of those famous people who has never really seemed happy. That channel swim he did was damn impressive, respect to him for that. I don’t think it necessarily makes him a good person tho, even if he did it for charity. It was clearly a personal challenge as these things usually are. If it was just about charity he could have raised or personally donated a similar amount doing something half as difficult.Which is fine, but yeah it’s just annoying when people point to things like that as evidence of being a good person.

Gosh who knew i had so much to say about David walliams.

• Haha
Always thought he was a bit OTT on the talent shows. Simon seems to be tolerating him a bit more now.

Reactions: 2
The children in my class wanted to read one of his books at home time. They’re 6/7. I found the book just as smutty as him and trying to be shocking for shocks sake. I actually got bored of reading it at the beginning as there were about 4 pages detailing the same thing. Not keen, Roal Dhal was a vivid author, you’re NOT in same league DW

• Heart
Reactions: 13