Dating your best friend's ex

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the replies guys.

It's happened to me, and even though my ex and I split up 8 years ago and I'm in a new relationship, my friend knew how much he'd hurt me at the time by going off with someone else, and how devastated I was when we broke up. It was just a one-night-stand for sex, she said, and she laughed about it telling me how crap he was in bed. She seems to think I'd find it funny, but I don't - I still feel betrayed in a way. Just interested in the POV of others. So thanks.
So she risked your friendship for a quick duck . I dont think I’d want to be friends with someone like that.

Reactions: 11
Depends on how long ago it was . If it was 20 years plus I would as everyone would have moved on. If it was only a couple of years then I don’t think I could
This. If its a long time ago and things have moved on then meh. But soon after, no.

Reactions: 2
My wife’s best friend married her first ever boyfriends brother recently. She had 2 previous husbands so don’t know if that makes it any less weird?

I wouldn’t unless I was happy to end the friendship. A friend text me once asking for my blessing and I gave it and hoped they’d be very happy, but we weren’t friends after that. She’d made her decision.

Having said that, I am now with my ex’s best friend. There was a 6 year gap and I live in a pretty incestuous town, it didn’t cause any drama but we’re not having dinner parties together.