Dating apps - Are you on one? Have you ever been? Did you have any luck? Which one is the best? Do you have any dating app stories?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m currently on tinder and match and have been for ages :) been on a few dates here and then I go through phases of using the app and then other time’s I don’t even check it :) I have a date lined up next week so hopefully that goes well :) x

Reactions: 4
Came out of a 9 year relationship end of 2018. Joined tinder a couple of months later (bad idea, I know!). Met someone on there who after a few dates I thought was super sweet, seemed to really care, be super nice, made such an effort.. 5/6 months after our first dates he told me he loved me, wanted to be official and I felt like I was falling for him also, couldn't believe I'd met someone so lovely blah, blah, we split in October after about 7-8 months of dating as I found out he was a complete player - I'll give it to him he was very convincing (kept telling me even after I ended it that I was the one, all the other girls he didn't know why he was wasting his time on as all he wanted was me, he loved me and all that rubbish), he played the game very well but he knew I was quite vulnerable and new to dating after being in a long term relationship since I was a teen so I was a bit of an idiot really and know better now. It's definitely put me off dating apps for now and I'll be staying single for a while :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
I met my now partner of 6 years on POF, also been on badoo and tinder.. badoo was ok only met 1 guy was with him for 7 months, tinder I hated full of creeps, POF was the best met a few mostly bad.

Reactions: 2
Only ever tried Bumble and that was summer last year.

First Bumble BFF where I swiped right on a few women (10+) and only 2 matched - one didn't reply to my message, the other was giving one word answers so I gave up. I left that and switched to the dating side.

Swiped left on around 25 men before I found the first one to swipe right. Tragic selection, but then I live in the hole of Glasgow. They kept appearing fatter and uglier the more I swiped left as if Bumble was punishing me. I matched with a handful of dudes I swiped right on. I sent Bumble ice-breaker questions to 2 guys who responded, seemed nice, but because we were deep in the pandemic I didn't see myself meeting anyone so I didn't talk to them. Overall I swiped right on less than 10 men and swiped left on more than 50 men. Deleted it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was one of the lucky ones that the first and only person I met off a dating app, Tinder, is now my partner of 5 years! Didn't have to go through any of the duds or horror stories you hear about
My story too :) The first and only man I met up with (from Tinder) and I've been dating him for nearly 5 years (and it took me 2 months to meet up with him!)

• Heart
I met my husband through Match 7 years ago and been married 2. I thought that because you paid for Match it would lessen the bell end ratio a bit, nope there were some proper freaks on there but you can usually filter them out quickly.
I had a few dates before I met my husband with a guy who it later turned out had some real hang ups about women and mummy issues but other than that nothing too horrific.
All the best and Hope you meet someone lovely ☺

I met my ex on POF, we were together for 10 years and have a 6 year old together. We didn't work out but are still friends. I've never used a dating app since though, would rather meet someone outside of an app.

I met a few nice guys on tinder. However I had to be so active on it and talk to a lot of duds before finding someone worth my time. Only used it as it was my first time as a single adult and just wanted to have a laugh, I'd never have expected to meet someone as wonderful and amazing as my boyfriend from using it. There are good people out there, it is really hard to meet people "organically" sometimes, so I'd never really knock someone for using a dating site

Used POF on and off had a few short term relationships off it tried Tinder in 2019 nearly gave up was ready to delete then met my partner we've been together 15 months

When I was 18, my friends' mam was on POF. She didn't speak great English & so we would translate for her. After a while my friend joined POF & told me it was good so when I left for college I joined too.
Every guy I've ever been on a date with, or had a relationship with, I've met on POF.
I met my husband on POF. He actually messaged me & we spoke 3 different times, I didn't notice this. The first 2 times I seem to of just stopped talking to him, I don't remember but 1 time seemed to be because he said Poirot was better then Murder She Wrote. That seems like something I would do, cos Jessica Fletcher is way better then Poirot 🤷‍♀️ but thankfully he didn't give up & 3rd time is definitely the charm 😊 We're together 10 years this year. I'm so glad he didn't give up!!!!!!
We have watched every episode & movie of Murder She Wrote 🕵️‍♀️
I definitely recommend POF 😸

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I met my husband on plenty of fish 11 years ago.

I also used uniform dating, met a copper of there who was amazing ride but then told me I was number 100 🤣

Another one I met in the next town over, noticed a girl was every where we went, it was his gf, strangley her only concern was that he didn't wear a uniform for work and I wasn't in mine, not that her bf had met up with another woman!

I've used Tinder and POF in the past. When I split with my first ever bf and just wanted to have some fun really. Went on a lot of dates with a lot of duds. I had a laugh but none of them were for me. My Mum met her boyfriend on POF though and they've been together nearly 10 years

I went on Tinder after my first proper relationship ended like 6 years ago. My mate said I should go on it to have some fun. Had it on in a university lecture and the lecturer came up 😆 Went on a date with a guy who said he had conjunctivitis when he swiped me so couldn’t see properly... nice. Didn’t see him after that.

It is tempting to sign up but I think many people will have thought that during lockdown. I don’t think I’d use one again but I don’t judge anyone for using them!

• Haha
I’d echo what a few people have said and go into it with relatively low expectations. I base this on my own experience though so take what I say with an inference of bitterness 🤣

My first furore onto a dating app was Tinder, after much pressure from my friends. The first guy I went on a date with after a few weeks on the app seemed absolutely perfect. He was a Doctor, really attractive, own home, own car, amazing personality, my age, no kids. He couldn’t have ticked any more boxes if he’d tried. Our first date was amazing and I remember thinking I couldn’t believe my luck that the first guy I’d met was like this.

We went on 3 dates in rapid succession and me, naively thinking he wanted the same things I did, slept with him after date #3. He stayed over at mine that night, left in the morning saying we’d make plans for that coming weekend and I effectively never heard from him again. It was an awful experience and it left me for a long time questioning myself, wondering what I’d done wrong and feeling completely used and pretty stupid. That put me off apps for a very long time and taught me a lesson about getting too into someone too quickly. I’m much more cautious now, probably too cautious really 🤣

Just so this isn’t a completely negative post though, I have met some lovely guys through Hinge and I do know people who have met their long term partners and even husbands on apps so they aren’t all bad, it’s just a case of wading through the dross in some instances I think 💁🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
I met my bf on Tinder in 2016 😌
Definitely matched with a lot of f*ckboys before him, but usually you can tell quite fast what they’re after. You just have to be honest yourself.

I met my boyfriend on Tinder in 2015, we have a 3 year old daughter now and are v.happy 🥰
There are lots of frogs to swipe through but there’s definitely good ones to find ☺

Reactions: 5
I feel like a tinder veteran I’ve been on it that long now 😂, I don’t know if I’ve become more fussy or it’s just slim pickings nowadays but I feel like I swipe right on about 1% of the people I see.

I actually prefer hinge in that you can see who has liked you without having to pay, I tend to just go through the people that have liked me and either match or don’t, as opposed to going through all the guys on there and ‘shooting my shot’ first with a like. It’s easier because I know that anyone I think looks decent has already liked me so there’s no awkward ‘will they/won’t they’ waiting around for them to match back with you.

I’d love to say in the time I’ve been on tinder/hinge (probably about 5/6 years.. o m g), I’ve at least had 1 serious relationship out of it but the only semi serious one I had ended up working abroad & I found out he had a new bird when he posted it on his story!

I’m finding it especially tough with lockdown, there’s only so many walks you can go on & I had a bit of an iffy experience last week which has put me off. Think I’m gonna put it on the back burner until the bars are open again as it’s much safer meeting people in a busy public place!

Reactions: 5