Dating apps - Are you on one? Have you ever been? Did you have any luck? Which one is the best? Do you have any dating app stories?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking about joining a dating app. Are you on one? Have you ever been? Did you have any luck? Which one is the best? Do you have any dating app stories? Tell me everything please 🤗

Reactions: 1
I’ve tried a few but ended up meeting my boyfriend at work in the end but for years before then I tried Tinder, Plenty of Fish and Match.

I actually liked Tinder the most as it was easiest to use and you can easily find out what people are using it for, I went on a few dates with different people from Tinder, all nice men and totally legit and not seedy or creepy but they just weren’t for me!

I didn’t like Match.com - I really thought it would filter out the people who were immature or fuckboys but the one date I went on was with an overgrown man child it seems who ended up ghosting me so it doesn’t seem to matter whether You pay for the app, people are still gonna be dicks so might as well use a free app for the same quality of people haha

I know couples who have met, married and had kids through both Tinder and Match though so

POF is just annoying cos anyone can contact you, if you want them to or not! There’s no mutual matching like Match.com or Tinder so it’s just effort going through all the creeps constantly.

Reactions: 2
I think POF is a waste of time, full of time wasters. Also didn't think much of Match. Tinder for me was the best believe it or not. Quick and easy to use, went on a few dates and even met my husband!
Good luck!

Reactions: 11
I met my bloke on okcupid
2 years of endless dates and was just about to quit when I met him
ive heard they charge now tho

I can thoroughly recommend twitter, which is actually a dating site for sociopaths.
If you can't get a fella/woman/whatever on twitter, give up.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I was single for about a year, had been in a bad relationship for 3 before that, so really enjoyed being single and dating, finding what I liked and didn't etc... decided in May 2014, I would move to the UK for a bit(cousin lives with his wife in Northern England so was gonna crash with them for a bit), no ties in Ireland (other than family and friends obviously) and women(or at least the women that I was attracting lol) were starting to drain me, had been made redundant so had a few quid. Was popping over one weekend to check out the area, spend a bit of time with them and have a general chat about things. Before I went I deleted the usual apps, tinder, pof and dattch (think it's called HER now) off my iphone. never thought that they'd downloaded to my ipad so took that out and low and behold I had two messages on Dattch (HER), couldn't tell you who the second message was from, read the first one, got chatting all weekend, met her the following week, I still went to England for a bit, but came back. Proposed to her in 2015, we bought a home in 2017 and got married in 2018.
Will always be thankful for the ipad my ex bought me LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Im 33 and have been single for a year.

I prefer Bumble. I think the quality of men (I am a woman) on there are better. I went all out with the dating and have been on so many dates over the last year that I've lost count!

It's easy to fish out the men who want fun and the ones who appear to want something a bit more serious. I have also made a couple of friends on there! I am good friends with a guy and we go to exercise classes together. I am friends with a guy who is from a strict religious background and wants to meet someone from the same religion. We have met up a few times and share dating stories.

If you ask me honestly, I am not sure I will find someone for the long term on there. I feel the mentality of those on the apps is that they will meet you and move on to the next as it's so easy to do. It's very fickle world!! Who knows though, part of me thinks it's a numbers game and if I keep it up then the odds are I will meet someone suitable.

Hinge is ok. Generally people are serious on there and both men and woman can instigate a chat.

Inner Circle was awful for me. So many strange people!

My advice is to take it with a pinch of salt, set low expectations (I have got carried away so many times thinking I've met someone amazing only for them to disappear!), and have fun with it. It is a great way to meet new people and try new places and things!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I tried dating apps for years as I always thought nights out you meet the same time of people and I think it became weird to meet people in 'real life'.
I met my ex in 2012 on pof and we split in 2017 after years of lies and abuse.
After that I didnt even want to think about dating but found tinder, bumble etc all hard work with many just wanting one thing.
I even spoke to one person who then decided he was gay. I found no one really wanted to commit.
I did end up meeting my current partner on tinder but that was after I completely given up hope and didnt even know I had swiped him until he spoke to me. We have been together 7 months and he is completely different to anyone I've met before.
With online dating you need to not let it consume your life and just be happy with yourself then the right person will come along.

Reactions: 4
I was on plenty of fish yearssss ago before I got with my husband (didn’t meet him there, met him through a friend). Never tried any other dating websites/apps.

I had a few dates from pof and eventually a long relationship that lasted almost 2 years but we eventually agreed that it felt more like a friendship than it being anything more.

I always felt like people would want to meet like after one simple message like they would only say something like ‘hey you look cute wanna go for a drink’ and not even try to get to know you a little more first. And idk if it’s just me but I like to know if we’ve got stuff in common or if the conversation is gonna dry out fast when we meet in person.

My first date from there was awful, I went for a drink with this guy and the whole time he talked about his ex girlfriend. Every time I tried to change the conversation he would find some way to direct it back to her. I eventually made an excuse that I had to leave and got out of there. 😂 Never spoke to him again. 😬

Reactions: 5
I met my boyfriend through Tinder 5 years ago!!!

It became popular whilst I was at uni so used it just 'for fun' at first then met him :D It was the only dating app I have used, although I did use Bumble to make girl friends at one point.

Agree the paid ones aren't necessarily any better. Although you can pay on tinder, I hardly think giving someone a superlike is going to get anyone's attention.

The big problem I find with all of them is it seems to make people instantly disposable, many are thinking is this it or could I get more. Only a swipe away. I'm sure the amount of affairs has sky rocketed since online dating.

Reactions: 7
I met my husband on Match 11 years ago. ❤
He was from the same small town as me but we'd probs never have met as we didn't move in the same circles and he worked away a lot of the time.

Reactions: 3
The only ever been on one dating website 😂 forces penpals (I like a man in uniform) , can say with certainty it's not for penpals , but I did in the end meet my boyfriend on there . We've been together 2 years almost.
My advise is , don't get your hopes up but have an open mind

I’ve tried a few of them... Tinder, pof, bumble and okcupid. Had one date with someone from tinder, but then joined okcupid after that. I preferred the ones where you could write more information rather than just swiping. Started speaking to my now partner within a couple of days of signing up to okcupid and we’ve been together nearly 5 years now. My mum also met her partner online too, pof. So it can and does work! ☺

Tried Match thinking it would eliminate the time wasters and weirdos because you have to pay for it... nope. Freak central. Went on a fair few dates, most of whom were just complete dickheads who lied about themselves (job, smokers etc.)

I went for a drink with one guy who told me The Shawshank Redemption was his favourite film because it reminds him of when he did time. 😶 Needless to say, I made my excuses and left.

I’ve had friends on Plenty of Fish who have had lots of disasters but have never used it personally.

That being said, I met my husband on Tinder and we’ve been together four years and are very happy. 😊

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I met my boyfriend on tinder 5 years ago. We’re now engaged and getting married next year! Have faith. There are some good ones on there 🙂

Reactions: 5
Met my husband through OKCupid 6 years ago. We have two children now.

Had to wade through a few creeps first and was about ready to call it quits when he messaged me.

• Heart