Dating apps - Are you on one? Have you ever been? Did you have any luck? Which one is the best? Do you have any dating app stories?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A girl I worked with (NHS medical secretaries) met her now husband on a dating app. He was a doctor and he had to move to Edinburgh for work (we live in the South). She ended up moving with him and now doesn't really need to work but she just works in a little bakery which she loves!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Like people have said i think they are ALL hit and miss. I was on Match and another really expensive 1 (cant remember name). So went on P.O.F just for a laugh and met my partner of over 8 years on there. But...... i had to kiss alot of šŸø before i found a šŸ‘‘ in life in general.x

Reactions: 1
I've found badoo can have some decent blokes on there but dating sites in general most men want fun or aren't looking to commit, or the complete opposite and are too clingu that it gets scary. Then again my friends have had just as disastrous relationships meeting people in person locally so I guess there isn't much difference in online dating and meeting people in person.

I met my partner of 5 years on POF, I clicked on him by accident and POF gives you a notification when someone views your profile. He messaged me and I thought he seemed nice enough so we met up and now 5 years later we are engaged and getting married next year. I did eventually tell him I'd clicked on him by accident šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On and off dating sites/apps for years, finally made a clean break last year. Felt gross each time so I don't know why I expected it to be different the next go around. It feels totally inorganic and the way men overtly creep on women has become so much worse in the last couple of years, it's no longer safe.

Reactions: 2
I met my partner of 5 years on POF, I clicked on him by accident and POF gives you a notification when someone views your profile. He messaged me and I thought he seemed nice enough so we met up and now 5 years later we are engaged and getting married next year. I did eventually tell him I'd clicked on him by accident šŸ™ˆ
The accidental husband šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Used to use online dating years ago, met various men from different sites, met my husband on pof 10 years ago now

Been on Tinder for a while, Iā€™ve met a few nice men, no horror stories but only really one who I liked. Nothing would have been different if Iā€™d met him in a pub, we just wouldnā€™t have at our age (40s). Iā€™d say if you trust your instincts itā€™s okay, itā€™s just a sample of the general population and Iā€™m not sure the people on there are any worse than youā€™d find anywhere else. I suppose it depends on your social life, but I canā€™t honestly see how else Iā€™ll ever find anyone...

Most of the people I know met their other halves on tinder or bumble šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø (Iā€™m 30 btw and my friends range in age between 24-33).

Iā€™ve been with my boyfriend (tinder) for over 6 years.
My best friend met her boyfriend of 1 year on bumble (I think).
My boyfriends best mate met his fiancƩ on tinder.
His other mate met his now wife and mother of his child on tinder 4/5 years ago.
2 of my closest work colleagues are now married/engaged to someone they met on a dating app.

maybe itā€™s just me but it does honestly seem like the most common way to meet someone. Iā€™ve heard a few bad stories and you do have a wade through some awful people on there but on the whole I hear positive experiences.

I was one of the lucky ones that the first and only person I met off a dating app, Tinder, is now my partner of 5 years! Didn't have to go through any of the duds or horror stories you hear about

When I was single I used Match, Tinder and PoF and IME they're all much of a muchness. You also see the same faces on various apps. I hated the process, the same conversations and questions soon get really old. I met some nice guys but noone who I really liked and found it a bit soul destroying, especially if you get your hopes up that the person you're meeting will tick your box (so to speak!). Several of my friends have used online dating, none with any success however it seems to be quite popular with my younger work colleagues so maybe it's an age thing (my friends and I are in our 40s). I would say approach it with limited expectations, make it very clear your don't want ONS (unless you do!) and be prepared for people to lie, A LOT. Before you go on dates, always ask their surnames and do some online research to make sure you're not meeting up with Jack the Ripper. Good luck!

Iā€™m in a long term relationship now with a man I met at work but in the past I have used PoF and Tinder. Both apps were a bit cringy in their own ways - cheesy chat up lines etc and why do men always post a photo of them with a big fish?!

Not exactly the same but I have also used Seeking when sugar dating to supplement some income. I didnā€™t feel good about myself doing it long term though and realised that the guys on there werenā€™t ever looking to settle down. I needed to find a way to pay my rent (as my circumstances changed) and that happened to be it for a short period of time.

My friend has been using Bumble and has had quite an experience! She met a guy four weeks ago on there and in that timeframe theyā€™ve been having a relationship of sorts in fastforward speed. In that time theyā€™ve been out for dinner, to the zoo, met each otherā€™s families and have been sleeping together and regularly staying round each otherā€™s places. On their first date he serenaded her with the pina colada song in front of a whole bar of people - massive cringe. Obviously worked on her though! He also would text her to ask if she ā€œwanted to go for a driveā€, which is a bit strange to me, I would have asked him to make a proper plan with me for another day. He even came to her birthday dinner, which was a week or so ago, so as her friends we have now met him.

Anyway, Valentineā€™s Day rolls around and bearing in mind that itā€™s a new ā€œrelationshipā€ I think she thought that he might send her a card or flowers. Nothing happens all day - not even a text message. I think she got involved too quickly and he was love bombing her. It gave me a lot of red flags as to how quickly it was all going and so I wasnā€™t particularly surprised that had avoided Valentineā€™s Day. He messaged her the day after Valentineā€™s Day to break things off by saying he ā€œneeded some spaceā€. So, thereā€™s a cautionary tale!

• Sad
  • Haha
Met my hubby on POF in 2011. Been married almost 7 years.

Had some absolute shockers while I was at uni. Not proud of my life back then. It's scary how much I put myself at risk.

Reactions: 4
Met my partner of 8 years on POF, we have a 5 year old and my friend met her husband on there also.