Dating after lockdown #32 IM GOOD BEING PURE DRY (on a big jeep yatch)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
title was brought to us by @BoogleC and i’m sure we are all forever grateful for this absolute poetry:

IMG_3948.jpeg

may we all hope and aim for cracking guy fun on a super fit big jeep yatch. HOME AND BIG HEART.

sending love to @Clementine and @Thank(space)you - whose men are not invited to the yatch. in fact, we hope their yatch hits an iceberg and sinks. love you ladies 😘

continue! (and hoping our lovely @MsCurly will be along soon with one of her amazing recaps)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
A recap of some of the most liked or reacted-to posts of the last thread:

1. @blueblue who spoke these wise words: Being a good guy is like being powerful, if you have to say you are, you aren't.
2. @Laughalong who shared some encouraging words: I think the point I’m trying to make is that it really does come when you least expect it, and the right person will act correct from the beginning without being told. You’ll never be wondering, because they’ll text first, reply quickly and the effort won’t waiver or be inconsistent. I was under the impression you just “had” to deal with duck boy behaviour - with the right person you won’t
3. @EndofInfluencers who shared: Some of you are playing yourselves on here.
If you want want casual, look for casual.
If you want a relationship, don’t act like you’re really ok with casual and sleep with a complete stranger you’ve met off the internet on the first or second time of meeting them hoping they’ll magically want a relationship with you. A complete stranger owes you nothing.
4. @sleepflowers who shared their views regarding 5 ft 6 men and their bedroom preferences:
Anyway you'll never convince me any cishet man who describes himself as a 'dom' on a public platform isn't just a massive misogynist who wants an acceptable way to act out his disgusting p*rn addiction and hatred of women
5. @Carapop who dropped this truth bomb:
IMG_0641.jpeg

6. @LaBlonde who has encountered a number of bed photo’s and even (hold on to your knickers ladies) a bed video: the main thing i hate about bed selfies is that they’re always doing this face 🥺 in an attempt to look like they’ve adorably woken just woken up and want you to “cuddle” or something. plus then i get into the ick of imagining them holding the phone above themselves, taking several photos and picking the one that they think makes them look the most alluring and then i just want to vomit.

there is a guy on south wales bumble, control yourself ladies, who has a bed VIDEO where he sort of gently blinked at the camera and smiled in a hey you way and i swear my phone screen almost cracked form the level of ick.
7. @IGiveUp22 who dated a man that was jealous of a cat… and was worried about the fact that he was losing the attention competition to a cat😭: in the response he put “so you’d pick your cat, who is like your child, over having a real child with a man 🤦🏽‍♀️
Huh???? What is this man????
I just wrote something similar to this: it’s weird that you think I’d have to choose and that the two things couldn’t co exist. Plus my ideal partner wouldn’t make me pick between something so important to me and them. I don’t think we’re compatible, I wish you all the best in your search!
& I unmatched.
honestly, hinge should be UNHINGED
8. @BWGossip who shared her mother’s sage advice: I'll say what my mother used to say when I was a kid: better alone than in bad company 🤷‍♀️
9. @SpindleWhorl who found her very own Prince Charming:
IMG_0642.jpeg

10. And lastly, @sleepflowers who asked the question of all questions: Men and their blimmin 'spontaneous adventures' duck off honestly why don't they spontaneously get some morals

Darlings, lots of heartache was shared during the last thread. I’m hoping for more happiness and good times for all of us, whether that’s with or without a partner. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you @LaBlonde for new thread and title. This thread title has made my day.

Still looking for my CRACKING GUY FUN but just wanted to say sorry to hear what you’re going through @Clementine and @Thank(space)you. You both deserve so much more and while I don’t have more to add the thoughtful advice that has been shared I wanted to say though how lifted I am by how kind and caring everyone has been. What a wonderful space this is.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This thread title and nonsensical post from that guy reminds me of Dom Jolly on trigger happy TV when he used to go to a drive through and order made up items and talk in gibberish 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
i’ve been listening to lot of relationshit over the past few weeks (it’s a great podcast for anyone trying to navigate the dating game) - and this one i think hit home in terms of red flags and the “oh, i guess he’s okay” kinda mindset that it’s easy to fall into.

---
This thread title and nonsensical post from that guy reminds me of Dom Jolly on trigger happy TV when he used to go to a drive through and order made up items and talk in gibberish 😂

i will now read it in his voice 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Ah, thank you for the ❤ everyone. I really do appreciate it. Yes, he was 5’6 on his profile. Although I think he was shorter 😬 he’d mentioned a speech he’d given for work in which he stated “size matters, and I know coming from a 5’5 man”. I literally don’t care about height but I know of plenty women who do, so good luck to him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Thanks for the recap - if we didn’t laugh we would cry. Where are the normal men????

@harveydean the bloke I am (casually) seeing didn’t message for a week when I was away with my children and then explained that he did so to make sure I didn’t feel the need to message back so I could spend time with them. I said it was fine to message when I was on holiday. I didn’t think too much about it but did think it quite nice. I’d just text him later, don’t overthink it. If I like someone a message is always welcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks for the recap - if we didn’t laugh we would cry. Where are the normal men????

@harveydean the bloke I am (casually) seeing didn’t message for a week when I was away with my children and then explained that he did so to make sure I didn’t feel the need to message back so I could spend time with them. I said it was fine to message when I was on holiday. I didn’t think too much about it but did think it quite nice. I’d just text him later, don’t overthink it. If I like someone a message is always welcome.
Thank you for the insight.

I’ll message this evening to say hi and hope he had a lovely weekend. I definitely would if he was away for a week, but the fact he hasn’t seen his kids for so long…I don’t know, I don’t want to distract him I guess.

And please fill us in with who this guy is!!

Reactions: 5
Thank you for the insight.

I’ll message this evening to say hi and hope he had a lovely weekend. I definitely would if he was away for a week, but the fact he hasn’t seen his kids for so long…I don’t know, I don’t want to distract him I guess.

And please fill us in with who this guy is!!
He’s someone I used to work with. It’s casual and we just meet up when we are in the same city or try to coordinate diaries. Nothing emotional but he’s really clever and funny which is my weak spot. The issue is that everyone else seems boring in comparison (but it’s not a real relationship). So in conclusion I think I’m sabotaging my dating life as at the moment he is ‘enough’ but time is passing me by and I do spend a lot of time alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He’s someone I used to work with. It’s casual and we just meet up when we are in the same city or try to coordinate diaries. Nothing emotional but he’s really clever and funny which is my weak spot. The issue is that everyone else seems boring in comparison (but it’s not a real relationship). So in conclusion I think I’m sabotaging my dating life as at the moment he is ‘enough’ but time is passing me by and I do spend a lot of time alone.
I totally hear you! I mean this in the nicest way (we’re similar age) but the pool does get smaller as we get older. Older guys can be so boring. I still love raving, and although I don’t want to go every weekend, the thought of the next 20 years being filled with Sunday walks, roast dinners and Netflix, fills me with dread.

I have been thinking a lot about how society makes us fit into relationship boxes. If actually having something unconventional could work.

I think it’s figuring out what you actually want and need, and is someone equal enough to bring it to the table.

Without me railing, I expect a guy to be totally with it, motivated and stable….whilst I’m still sat in my pjs, surrounded by cats and questioning if I can send a flipping text message 😂

• Haha
I totally hear you! I mean this in the nicest way (we’re similar age) but the pool does get smaller as we get older. Older guys can be so boring. I still love raving, and although I don’t want to go every weekend, the thought of the next 20 years being filled with Sunday walks, roast dinners and Netflix, fills me with dread.

I have been thinking a lot about how society makes us fit into relationship boxes. If actually having something unconventional could work.

I think it’s figuring out what you actually want and need, and is someone equal enough to bring it to the table.

Without me railing, I expect a guy to be totally with it, motivated and stable….whilst I’m still sat in my pjs, surrounded by cats and questioning if I can send a flipping text message 😂
I’m the same - I need someone who is totally ‘together’ while I’m about 80% together and faking the rest! It doesn’t help that in my job I’m surrounded by strong and powerful men so that’s the ‘norm’ for me.

I do need to sort out what I want, which is someone funny and driven who can fit a curtain pole. Clever and practical are irresistible.

The last date I went on was a boring fucker and I felt like I was taking my grandad out for a walk from his care home.

I’m also really fit and healthy and if I look at men in their mid 50s many have health issues that makes us incompatible (I’m hoping to do a marathon next year) and play sport for a team. I know this is harsh but it’s true.

Send that text and let us know what he says. If I’m on my own with my kids I welcome so adult chat even if it’s by text.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m the same - I need someone who is totally ‘together’ while I’m about 80% together and faking the rest! It doesn’t help that in my job I’m surrounded by strong and powerful men so that’s the ‘norm’ for me.

I do need to sort out what I want, which is someone funny and driven who can fit a curtain pole. Clever and practical are irresistible.

The last date I went on was a boring fucker and I felt like I was taking my grandad out for a walk from his care home.

I’m also really fit and healthy and if I look at men in their mid 50s many have health issues that makes us incompatible (I’m hoping to do a marathon next year) and play sport for a team. I know this is harsh but it’s true.

Send that text and let us know what he says. If I’m on my own with my kids I welcome so adult chat even if it’s by text.
I could’ve written this myself! Although when I do get a guy who’s got it all eg. The fireman, he’s boring AF!

I’m on holiday with my kids later this month (teenagers, so plenty of time to myself!) and I’m really going to take time to figure out what I want.

Failing everything, back to rich old men who will pay for a handyman to hang my shelves 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've forced myself to finally get dressed, did some makeup and put on some music to help me feel better

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I still feel really sad and tit and wish he would change his mind but I'll get there 🙇🏽‍♀️ thank you
Hey it’s ok to feel like that. I remember my friend going through something similar (about 20 years ago, men have not moved on obv) and she went to the Dr. The doctors advice was ‘take to the sofa’ - he meant that she should be sad, it’s not a good situation, but he wanted her to accept her feelings and come out the other side. It’s always stayed with me.

You dont have to be brave. You just have to be true to yourself.

You don’t need a man you just want one. But not this one lovely xx

• Heart
Well I sent the message…and he replied that I’d beaten him to it, and he’d been thinking about me all weekend. I’m smiling…he’s very cute 😊

• Heart
I went to a festival yesterday with one of my best friends which was a good distraction, but now I'm coming down from the extreme high. The guy has gone away with some friends for 3 days, he flew out yesterday and replied to my messages in the morning and I told him safe travels.. he didn't even say thank you but whatever

I am so, so tired of this anxious attachment tit. I am tired of not receiving a text and it ruining my mood. I'm currently sat in a park and intended to go for a run but I'm just sat here wallowing. I'm sick of not being enough for any man besides a duck doll, and being alone. It sucks when you feel a connection with someone and you can just tell they're not on the same level. It's not worth it. The whole of July being in contact so much and meeting every couple weeks was not worth it. I could have gotten over being ghosted back in June peacefully this summer but instead I'm hung up on this tit. Wish we'd just stayed strangers and I'd never opened the apps again

Sorry for being so miserable here again
---
Sorry more venting

It's just wild to me that guys can talk to you so much and still just see you as only good for sex
We talked about everything, so consistently, and had so much in common beyond sExUaL chEmIsTrY

Like what more do they want? Am I just not hot enough or what

This has also taught me not to go all in with texting and voice notes so much in the first few weeks of seeing someone because it sets an unrealistic precedent. My best mate is also 29 and single, dating etc and she will text them only a couple times a day at the start so you can work up to it. Even if the guy texts a lot I won't entertain it in future, in the early stages. It sets you up for so much disappointment when it (inevitably, in my case) drops off

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.