Dating after lockdown #14 Santa, bring me a boyfriend. Hot and nice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much for the recommendations ❤

Did the article say why single women with no children are the happiest subgroup? I find this interesting!
it didn’t in the actual article but i found it interesting too and so did some further reading (the ex english student in me loves some research 🤣) and found these:

it basically seems to be that they’re healthier, more content in their lives, have strong social networks and hobbies/interests they’ve been able to nurture and more disposable income. so 👏🏻 to us ladies!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Wow, that's so interesting. Thank you @LaBlonde.

It seems that we have all we need: we just make ourselves miserable by THINKING that we need a man (and children) to be happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i have the most “success” on bumble, i feel like it encourages me to make a move (as the matches expire after a certain time) when i need a bit of a push, and i find the guys there are normally open to conversations because they’re on an app that puts the woman in control of the interactions and such. it works for me!

there’s a great article about living single in the sunday times style magazine today for anyone who’s interested - also mentions that single women with no children are by far the happiest subgroup in a huge number of studies across various countries, which made me smile ☺

it recommends a few podcasts for us long term single ladies - i’ve been listening to “a single revolution”, the host is 39 and happily single for 14 years and it’s about her appreciating her singledom and making her life the fullest it can be. i’m enjoying it!
I’ll have to check that out. I’ve been single for years and I’ve never felt unhappy with it as such. It would take someone special to make me change my lifestyle. I have a great job, my own house, hobbies, brilliant friends etc. I’m thankful to have been brought up to be independent and capable of doing things for myself. It doesn’t mean I don’t long for that right one, who brings something wonderful to my life, but he doesn’t need to make me ‘happy’.

I like Bumble for the same reasons. I like that creeps can’t send you messages at will, like they can with other apps 😂 Men who understand the concept of the app are great, and are, on the whole, chatty and normal. I think it helps some men, actually, because the woman has to make the first move, message-wise.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.