Danielle Vanier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not quite sure how to reply to certain comments on threads! Minkel: I also suffer with arthritis and Fibro, and I generally hate admitting to that as there can be so many “poor me” posts out there from “influencers“ that can cloud the judgement of others on how these illnesses are perceived. If I had 2 nights away in a hotel I’d be living the bleeping life of Riley (Sleeping watching tv and resting) and not moaning on social media. Yes I understand that she may be having difficulties and ongoing issues in her life, but not EVERYTHING needs to be shared on social media! Moaning that life is difficult whilst have it 2 nights away in a hotel, not having a “proper” 9-5 job, and being able to work whenever suits you is really not becoming.
God.., ranting and sharing my feelings is really therapeutic!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg who is SY? Sorry I haven’t got Twitter😭
Stephanie Yeboah. She's been sacked by Grazia magazine for antisemitic tweets. All the plus size influencer army are defending her because the majority of them were made 10 years ago when she was 18. They are saying if she was white, she would've kept her job.
IDK, but I'm of the opinion that tweeting tit about Jews, attics and gas chambers is inexcusable whether you are black, white, 18 or 70. Some of us never have those thoughts, let alone bleeping tweet them on a public platform.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Stephanie Yeboah. She's been sacked by Grazia magazine for antisemitic tweets. All the plus size influencer army are defending her because the majority of them were made 10 years ago when she was 18. They are saying if she was white, she would've kept her job.
IDK, but I'm of the opinion that tweeting tit about Jews, attics and gas chambers is inexcusable whether you are black, white, 18 or 70. Some of us never have those thoughts, let alone bleeping tweet them on a public platform.
that is appalling, I can understand why they’ve sacked her tbh. That’s vile

• Heart
Reactions: 7
that is appalling, I can understand why they’ve sacked her tbh. That’s vile
Yep. In her defence, she has apologised and the racist responses she has received are abhorrent and also inexcusable. I do not wish ill on her; but when she has actively called for the cancellation of people for similar, and cannot seem to fathom that it is ok to campaign against antisemitism and racism at the same time, instead of turning it into a competition, it's only right that Grazia let her go.

Reactions: 9
Me too. I’ve just read the article. Indefensible .
As for Dani....she has just highlighted her ignorance by defending her. Disgraceful.
She said some really really absolutely disgusting things, I’ve just seen it too and the stuff she said is absolutely shocking. How can they defend her??? So bad

Reactions: 5
She looks like her gf's mother...
My cousin is a lesbian and she was telling me that its a running joke in the lesbian community that when a straight woman who comes out their first lesbian relationship is usually really whirlwind and intense...talk about marriage within the first month kinda thing but she says the honeymoon period always comes to an end...
I think the lesbians are just as diverse as the other people but yeah, Dani acts like a teenager (no offense to the teenagers 🤭).

She said some really really absolutely disgusting things, I’ve just seen it too and the stuff she said is absolutely shocking. How can they defend her??? So bad
Because they are dumb and ignorant themselves

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I always cringe when people post their partner online and gush how in love they are when their partner looks really bored and unmatching in energy in the photos

these people need to get real jobs. I was a civil servant for 18 years, if me or any of my colleagues had made these tweets at any time would have been sacked. No apology would have saved us, because racism, anti semitism and other discriminatory comments are not acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it really shows how ill equipped influencers are for the world they’ve elevated themselves too. The people who employ them need to do due diligence. In general as a sector, in terms of employment, it’s a total mess.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
these people need to get real jobs. I was a civil servant for 18 years, if me or any of my colleagues had made these tweets at any time would have been sacked. No apology would have saved us, because racism, anti semitism and other discriminatory comments are not acceptable.
If I posted anything on social media that could be even slightly construed as racist, sexist, homophobic, antisemitic etc, my career would be over, and rightly so.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I always cringe when people post their partner online and gush how in love they are when their partner looks really bored and unmatching in energy in the photos
I have noticed her girlfriend looks so bored all the time, but I mean wouldn’t you be if you’re chilling in bed and you look down and you have Dani Vs camera shoved in your face with her pulling her signature scrunched up facial expression 😂

• Haha
I don't think people like DV are necessarily defending SY but the point made is valid - look at Bojo, Farage etc. they've all said abhorrent things over the years about non-white people and not been sacked. In some cases they've been lauded for it or defended themselves on account of free speech.

(I'm not defending SY at all here btw! Her comments were indefensible but that doesn't mean that I can't point out the double standard - it's the same with Wiley who was banned from every platform immediately after his recent tirade (first of its kind if I've got my facts straight), while others like Katie Hopkins + David Vance remained unchecked by Twitter et. al for years)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I don't think people like DV are necessarily defending SY but the point made is valid - look at Bojo, Farage etc. they've all said abhorrent things over the years about non-white people and not been sacked. In some cases they've been lauded for it or defended themselves on account of free speech.

(I'm not defending SY at all here btw! Her comments were indefensible but that doesn't mean that I can't point out the double standard - it's the same with Wiley who was banned from every platform immediately after his recent tirade (first of its kind if I've got my facts straight), while others like Katie Hopkins + David Vance remained unchecked by Twitter et. al for years)
Perhaps DV wording could have been better then. She called out someone else straight away, but didn’t acknowledge that the actions/tweets from the person in the spotlight were wrong. She could have done both, but in her ignorance didn’t.

EDIT **** she’s always jumping on the bandwagon too. Always a follower, never a leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I’ve said this before but she is constantly craving the attention and approval from prominent people/popular people on black twitter and I find it absolutely cringeworthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.