Dangerous Dog Breeds #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread here:

As you were folks...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Interesting. The article says police found the dog at the property when visiting for a different reason and obtained a warrant to seize it. Then pressed charges because the owner hadn't complied with the new laws.

Wonder what happened to the dog, surely no chance of rehoming if it's that aggressive?

Screenshot_20240402-102022~2.png

Reactions: 3
Probably the dog will be PTS by the police vet. Does it say why the police were attending the house
I'd guess a drugs raid if the owner has such a vicious dog trained to attack anyone approaching

Hmmmm he looks like a fine example of a good citizen….not. These dogs are definitely for status. If I saw that dog in the street with that thug chain on I’d be afraid and making a hasty getaway.

8AF3C99F-C58B-429B-AC30-17830D428F28.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
"The court imposed a one-year community order, requiring him to complete 100 hours of unpaid work. He was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £114 surcharge."

Totally inadequate punishment. That hardly encourages people to follow the law.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Good that the police took action though. Saw it, then went and did something about it. The court dropped a bollock there.

That must have been scary for the police seizing that thing. What a tit life for that dog being in a state of permanent aggression. Must have been exhausted being on high alert all the time

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Will have to be PTS unless they allow him to now get it registered which I've seen them do with other breeds after being seized

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I don't know much about these dogs, do they tend to be aggressive? The article says 6 Burmese (6!) and a dashchund

Bernese Mountain Dogs - not generally aggressive, they are herding dogs basically. Dachshunds are terriers, so have terrier instincts (digging etc). I wouldn't have put either breed in the frame, but maybe he fell over (he'd had a knee op) and something went horribly wrong? The neighbour said the Bernese would fight/play loudly a lot. They are BIG dogs though but I think generally known to be quite gentle

Reactions: 2
Maybe one set off the others? One drew blood and the rest followed.

7 dogs (6 of them big dogs) seems far too much for a 75 year old to cope with. In fact, I just read an article which actually says " its size and strength can make it challenging for children or the elderly to manage"

I think maybe there should be licences for all dogs over a certain weight. Since it'll make them harder to control or to stop if something did happen. Also will stop the people saying it's not the breed

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I saw two what looked exactly like XL bullies today, being walked unmuzzled by a woman who could barely hold on to them.

They growled and lunged at me and I wasn't even near them. Why on earth would you have them as pets.

I have reported it, I don't expect that the police will do anything, but given the dogs general behaviour and how she was struggling with them I would put money on them attacking someone in the future given the chance.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I saw two what looked exactly like XL bullies today, being walked unmuzzled by a woman who could barely hold on to them.

They growled and lunged at me and I wasn't even near them. Why on earth would you have them as pets.

I have reported it, I don't expect that the police will do anything, but given the dogs general behaviour and how she was struggling with them I would put money on them attacking someone in the future given the chance.
Actually fair play to the police, they have taken it really seriously.

Reactions: 12
Actually fair play to the police, they have taken it really seriously.

What did the police do?

There was an XL wandering around unleashed outside a block of flats near me. The owner was chatting on his phone and smoking skunk whilst the dog mooched about (could smell the weed from across the road 😩).

Obvs couldn't be arsed to take the thing for a walk, happy to just let it tit and piss on the little patch of greenery outside the flats while he smoked his foul smelling weed

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I saw an unmuzzled what looked like XL bully walking at around 6am this morning. Makes me think it was an XL bully as taking it out early morning. I put my pup on a lead, he is tiny. The dog could've been fine but also working on my pups recall so even if the XL was fine my pup isn't perfect at coming back