Dance Moms

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kalani and Kendall are being dragged to hell and back rn on social media for being Trump supporters šŸ¤£
I was just about to say I liked Kendall but wow ... never mind šŸ˜‚

Mckenzie was hilarious and I think people often forget that she was much younger than the rest but still managed to outdance them!

Reactions: 1
I was just about to say I liked Kendall but wow ... never mind šŸ˜‚

Mckenzie was hilarious and I think people often forget that she was much younger than the rest but still managed to outdance them!
I never liked Kendall, always knew something was off and she gave me major mean girls
vibes. I guess my intuition was right šŸ¤£

I love Mackenzie! Sheā€™s an absolute sweetie and itā€™s amazing to see how much sheā€™s grown. Just wish she would take the pandemic more seriously though.

• Heart
I stopped watching after the ALDC moved to LA. I loved Chloe, Brooke and Paige though. Can't believe how much everyone has grown.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m so glad to of found this thread. I am currently on season 5 where the whole drama with nia and Kendalā€™s music videos is playing out and I am so
Infuriated watching it. Abbey is a disgusting human I canā€™t even use the work teacher because she is horrendous. As much as it broke my heart to see Chloe leave I am so glad she did as she was treated terribly and I could never get through an episode without crying for her. I really wanted to stop watching but I am so invested in seeing how the girls improve and get on. But I also feel like I am watching all of these mothers sit by allowing these poor children to be bullied and abused mentally and emotionally. The episode that broke me the most was paiges panic attack. I canā€™t stand Melissa and Jill who happily allow abbey to exclude children from things like how she excluded Chloe from mackenzies and todricks video! Thereā€™s just so much wrong with this show but I canā€™t stop watching why is wrong with me šŸ˜ 

• Heart
I watched the first few seasons, follow all the girls and mum's on insta.

After finding this thread Iā€™ve gone and followed some of the girls but had to unfollow them again. I canā€™t believe how grown up they are! Nothing wrong with posting sexy photos of course but I just felt so weird seeing Kalaniā€™s butt and boobs on display šŸ˜…

Reactions: 3
Kendall and Kalani have lost so many followers since the election and their comments are flooded šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: 3
This program is wrong on so many levels, but still I keep watching. Those girls are amazingly talented but the way they are treated is disgusting. Just got to series 5 and Jojoā€™s attitude is spot on and fair play for talking back to abbey!

I started watching this during g lock down and have now reached season 7 and the next episode is the nationals where the girls are on there in.

It so nice to see how much the progressed and grew up Iver the year. Although I do not agree with Abbys teaching methods in tje slightest they are bullying and I'm so surprised she got away with it for so long especially in America.

I live how over the tears Nia really grew up and started to stand up for herself and speak up to Abby.

As much as I dislike the way Abby treated thpse girls you have to feel for what she has been through and how much the anger has changed her life

Jojo is such a sweetheart and a happy soul. The other girls (except Nia) were all so snarky towards her when she first joined but now she's making the most money and is possibly the most happy (possible exception of Maddie, who really is living the dream). I wish nothing but good things for Jojo!

Overall with a couple of notable exceptions the parents were pretty horrendous and as a Mum with a young daughter myself I really struggle with how anyone could be willing to subject their kid to such a toxic environment. The way Abby spoke to them was terrible. I know some of the girls could be bratty but I can't judge them for that given the environment they were in.

Chloe and Maddie were/are both beautiful dancers, ditto Kalani.

There is a girl on YouTube who has got hold of production notes and talks about the series she has them for and how manipulative the producers were.
MackZ

Hate to saw I thought holly had rose tinted glasses on Nia. Nia was good with character dances and got better from season five onwards. You can see in the first four seasons she has the technique but is clunky in her movements and doesnā€™t do expressions whereas the other girls are more fluid. When it was a different dance type than lyrical or contemporary Nia did well.
Used to like Kendall then she got mean girl after they went to Hollywood. Bullying Brynn and excluding Nia.

the girls final season where they broke away from Abby I thought Bryan was right to leave, they were doing lifts with no teacher and the teacher they brought in was dismissive of her as a non original member. It was chaos.
the final dance the girls did wasweird, I know it was no more than what they wore every week withAbby but the black bra and pants made a difference. The tights aged them up and the chairdancing was uncomfortable. kalani and Nia yes as they were teenagers at the time but the rest of them were still younger.
i think they wanted to show they could be adults for future job opportunities and didnā€™t just do lyrical. I hated it. Thought they could have done another character piece like ā€œthe Helpā€ dance, that was powerful and showed them as grown up but still appropriate

Never watched it when it was on but i keep getting episodes come up on tiktok to the point most of my fyp is full of dance mums and its made me want to watch it šŸ˜†

I never liked Kendall, always knew something was off and she gave me major mean girls
vibes. I guess my intuition was right šŸ¤£

I love Mackenzie! Sheā€™s an absolute sweetie and itā€™s amazing to see how much sheā€™s grown. Just wish she would take the pandemic more seriously though.
I agree on Kendal, when brynn said kendal was saying you canā€™t be in pictures, youā€™re not a member etc I felt that the show was fractured then. The moms used to hide the nastiness of the girls, e.g. maddie I guess weā€™re not friends, with Chloe.

mackenzie I thought was ok but on the day Abby went to prison she most something like ā€œtoday is a brilliant dayā€ which I thought was bitchy and horrible. Yes you didnā€™t get on at the end but Abby had always treated you well. maddie and Mackenzie wer so close to abby
---
From season one you can see Abby was normal but a tough teacher, the moms were always insane. Holly your child is not a lyrical dancer, stop trying to box her in, she is better at other stuff, for example.

the producers obviously asked them to amp it up and Abby became her character

I usually lurk, but was so happy to find this thread. Is anyone else listening to Christi and Kellyā€™s recap podcast ā€œBack to the barreā€? They spill lots of behind the scenes gossip and production information. Itā€™s very interesting.