Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daisy Uncle

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion, but it seems like some attention seeking blogger that just happens to be grifting 🙄. I'm not sure whats real and what's parody.

View attachment 2323572

I won't hold my breath that they'll deliver anything. I hope someone has answered the calls of other places like the guardian to actually deliver on journalism that changes the dial.
Come on Yel, they've definitely found a horse's head* in the journos bed, Dan Wootton's ex saw him do it. Or something. Part three of this superstar post tomorrow!
*Godfather movie
---
Are people really looking at a situation involving a GB News host and accusing the other party of poor journalism and grifting!
Yes. 😃😳 Its all so odd.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
To be fair, it's easy to say that about almost anyone with a Tattle thread. I used to really like them until 2021/22 but there has been a turn in public opinion against them for a reason (well, many reasons) and there's plenty to snark or gossip about.
Fair point. I guess they don't interest me so they're off my radar.

Mousola

Presumably this is the big article that people have been talking about? Never heard of the site / blog before

Too tired to read it, fed it into AI to summarise:
  • GB News presenter and MailOnline columnist Dan Wootton has been exposed in a cash-for-sexual images catfishing scandal.
  • Wootton used fake online identities, particularly as a fictitious showbusiness agent called "Martin Branning," to trick and bribe numerous men into revealing compromising sexual material.
  • The targets of Wootton's scheme included journalistic colleagues, friends, and members of the public, many of whom were heterosexual men.
  • The activities occurred between June 2008 and 2018, with Wootton offering sums of up to £30,000 "tax free" to his victims.
  • At least five co-conspirators and a dozen victims have been identified, but the actual number of victims is believed to be much higher.
  • Criminal complaints were made by two victims to Scotland Yard, and the police have been aware of the activities of "Martin Branning" since 2019.
  • Byline Times handed over a 28-page dossier of evidence to the Metropolitan Police on June 20, 2023.
  • Wootton denies all allegations of criminality but has not provided an on-the-record response.
  • The scandal has caused a significant uproar on social media, with Wootton trending on Twitter for several days.
  • GB News continued to heavily promote Wootton's program despite being informed of the allegations against him.
  • Wootton has been on leave in New Zealand visiting his family, and his broadcasting return is scheduled for 9 pm tonight.
  • Wootton's former partner, Alex Truby, accused him of gaining unauthorized access to social media accounts and stalking.
  • Truby discovered a padlocked holdall with an external hard drive containing a secretly-filmed video of an employee of The Sun engaged in sexual activity.
  • Mr. Truby confronted Wootton about the contents of the holdall, and Wootton admitted to being the creator and controller of the pseudonym "Martin Branning."
  • Byline Times has approached GB News, MailOnline, and the Metropolitan Police for comment, with no response provided at the time of publication.
Pray tell.. how do you feed into AI??? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

mchops

VIP Member
Cash grab, that’s quite fitting I might use that instead of grifting thank you

Dan Evans and Tom Latchem would like £32k for their series on DW they haven’t been bashful about it
Excellent. Maybe it's the term grifting. They are working and producing a product.
Whether you want or like the product, subjective. Dan deserves this.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
You know you're fucked when only a small cavalcade of cunts support you.
Bit harsh ... I wouldn't say Toby Young, Sarah Vine, and Allison Pearson are total cunts, would you settle for slight cunts? Fox though, he seems quite unhinged (shagging thirsty Kirsty confirmed that in my mind). o_O

ps. Have we got a new thread title lined-up? ... lot's of potential. Dick Pics, Crowd-Funding ...

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
That said, and nothing to do with “woke”, but I think anyone claiming Wootton catfishing silly adults is anything of a big deal outside of his self-appointed position as a supposed moral arbiter, were looking for a stick to beat Wootton with in the first place because they already don’t like him.
Think it depends on the reasons why he did what he did, what purpose they served, what he planned to do with the videos/pictures and if he’s distributed in any way. The people do seem targeted not just random

Ennui

VIP Member
I don't see any difference between them and the 'political commentators' they wheel on tbh. We can all describe ourselves as a political commentator ffs ... we breathe and have an opinion, that's the qualification. :rolleyes: Actually, most of us here are probably over-qualified for the role.
True that. Political punditry is such a grift.

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
No idea why he was in Ireland - I wouldn’t read too much into it as it might just be another stop off on his holiday before returning tonight. Interesting that his agent went to him there instead of waiting another day though 🤷🏽‍♂️

Asterix

Am I imagining it or has Alex deleted the Twitter thread?

It’s my imagination. A retweet must have deleted.