Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

S4buk

VIP Member
Will be interesting to see if he turns up on GB News tonight as he is due to. I think he might turn up and front it out because if he doesn't, it's admitting there is a crisis. He might even do a speech saying there are people who want to take GB News down etc. If he ends up not turning up though, I wonder what excuse they'll give. Everyone will know it's because of the allegations so it would look really bad for him and he won't want to look weak.
‘The Woke ITV’?

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
View attachment 2315572

This could be interesting either way. I agree with the point made earlier. It’s shaping to be a nothing burger
---
I seem to remember Byline Times having an expose on Paul Joseph Watson that he was being racist on audio… that story disappeared very quickly
They say they need more subscribers, that if they had twice the number they have now, they could do more. Perhaps this will get them more attention. As long as they have proof, Andrew Brady ended up in prison.

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
I hope you'll all forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I have a question that I don't recall finding an answer to while skimming the 48 pages of this thread.

A few years ago, the blog "Celebrity Busted" gained significant attention for posting videos of UK-based male celebrities engaging in explicit activities over Skype. There was discussion at the time about how the account obtained access to so many public figures.

Joel Dommett was notably one of the victims and has addressed this incident on a few occasions. In a 2018 TV documentary 'Celebrity Sextortion' Joel and documentarian Dan Lobb shared their similar stories, suggesting that the same individual, "Staci Taylor," had catfished them both.

Considering what we know now about his activities and love of psuedoynms, is it unreasonable to speculate that Dan Wootton might have had some involvement with this blog?
Oh yeh….was it reported and investigated by the police?

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
I did find this bit interesting:

“It was all pretty much always the same thing, £20-£30,000 for naked photos, ‘aren’t you intrigued about who I am?’ – this sort of stuff, right,” he said – adding that it was driving him “insane” and ultimately provoked him to go to the police, who sent a detective to his home to take a statement in 2019.

He definitely gets off on the whole game of it.
Where’s this quote from? Who got offered upto 30k for naked photos?

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
Regardless of any illegalities, I think this story cuts through because DW (and GB News generally) has positioned himself as the moral arbiter of ITV, BBC, numerous celebrities and the public en masse. His entire brand of “journalism” is judging other people.

You can’t place yourself on a pedestal to judge the perceived moral failings of other individuals and organisations when you have your own skeletons dangling out of the closet

Nobody likes a hypocrite and - if true - these allegations position DW as potentially the biggest hypocrite we’ve ever come across.

He has a massive credibility problem from hereon out.
Well fair enough, I see what you mean. But that said, and believe me I’d love for DW to get his comeuppance because he comes across as awful and constantly judging others (I would love for him to be exposed as a proper hypocrite), I don’t think a lot of people will genuinely really care about adults being catfished into voluntarily sending private photos.

People on Twitter who want DW bringing down (or at least a peg or two) are jumping on this but it’s not really the story it sounds — it sounds like it would lead to blackmail, but that’s not what happened. So ultimately it’s people sending their own pics when they thought they were talking to someone different, with an accusation of something more serious from DW’s ex that it sounds like there isn’t any concrete proof for (although if there is he could be in big trouble). That being the case, I can actually see why DW isn’t suspended and mainstream press isn’t covering it at the moment.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Am I right thinking DW is still in NZ, not due back until next week, or is he supposed to be home now, in which case he should be back on his show today.

Lovenews

Chatty Member
I would be surprised if Byline run a story and burn journalistic sources. It is very much not the done thing.

Badirene

VIP Member
They deal with sexual offences too. I'd love for it to be true though but seems a bit too good to be true.
Well this is doing the rounds about secretly filming people in the act, don't know how true.