Dan Wootton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

It would be less annoying if they didn't serialise this. Part 4+ came after they got more information, well, duh, even with the relative silence it was always going to be a developing story.

They should just publish as rolling news.

It also opens Bylines up for more scrutiny because people expect each part to be as explosive as the last, but some are just updates.
It's frustrating because they clearly had decided from the start they would drip feed it in 3 parts. But they didn't plan it very well so the articles were confusing and seemed pointless with all these parts.

Should have done one concise article and then added updates with anything new. They'd have probably got the same traction with the tweets sharing the same article with the update and I think that's what they really care about.

Reactions: 11
The law firm Dan was using to sue, Mischon de Reye, is no longer working with him

And The Daily Beast's Confider newsletter is saying Daily Mail staff want him sacked

Reactions: 13
The law firm Dan was using to sue, Mischon de Reye, is no longer working with him

And The Daily Beast's Confider newsletter is saying Daily Mail staff want him sacked

That's quite the downgrade. Mishcon de Reya is very well known.

Griffin Law's bio on Twitter: "Niche dispute resolution firm that guarantees to share the risk of litigation with its clients"

Reactions: 8
That's quite the downgrade. Mishcon de Reya is very well known.

Griffin Law's bio on Twitter: "Niche dispute resolution firm that guarantees to share the risk of litigation with its clients"
I assume Mischcon very expensive too. He probably couldn't afford them.

Reactions: 8

Griffin Law is probably a lot cheaper. His attempted crowdsourcing didn't garner the amount he'd been aiming for. Plus, I wouldn't imagine he's the easiest client to represent - may not listen to advice.

Reactions: 9
Griffin Law is probably a lot cheaper. His attempted crowdsourcing didn't garner the amount he'd been aiming for. Plus, I wouldn't imagine he's the easiest client to represent - may not listen to advice.

The law firm owner knows a thing or two about bullying people at work... awful

Screenshot_20230802_235559_X.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
I think The Sun previously used Mishcon de Reya and that was the connection. I suspect they will be well out of Wootton’s league now he no longer works there. Let’s just say the crowdfunding amount Wootton has raised probably wouldn’t cover a month’s heavyweight litigation advice.

Reactions: 6

Yel

Interesting! I think he used the expensive ones for initial threatening letters but he'd need hundreds of thousands to continue with them. Sounds like he's progressing with it.

Reactions: 4

Yel

Many of the allegations eh 🤨. Also I thought it was videos not images, so not denying that with the statement?

Wootton’s lawyer has since told the Guardian Wootton denies many of the allegations that have been levelled against him by his ex-boyfriend and reporting in Byline Times.

The lawyer said: “For the avoidance of further doubt, our client did not at any time contact current or former colleagues at the Sun with offers of money in return for sexually explicit images, he did not engage in inappropriate behaviour in the workplace, and he did not misuse News UK funds.”

Reactions: 6
Latest Byline article

Sad that I relate because I've been using the same password for 10+ years 🫣

GB News star Dan Wootton twice used an identical password as the catfishing pseudonyms ‘Martin Branning’ and ‘Maria Joseph’ to subscribe to a movie-sharing website, Byline Times can reveal.

All four of the accounts used the same unusual eight-character password. To protect Wootton’s privacy, this newspaper is not publishing the password – which his new representatives today appeared to confirm was indeed used by the journalist.

Further analysis of the databases, which are openly available online, shows Wootton also used the same password for his LinkedIn and MySpace profiles alongside music and fitness-app sites between October 2016 and October 2018.

• Wow
The good Reverend Calvin Robinson on GB News is praying hard for him ... very hard ... Harder Calvin! HARDER .... ughh ... yes! YES! YEEESSSSSS!!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Poor Dan, he'll have to go to Injury Lawyers 4U next.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Alex Truby speaks to Byline Times. Also, the suggestion that News of the World created the monster in Dan
I think the problem with Truby’s testimony is establishing the objective truth. There is a lot of spin and conjecture in what he says that could just be put down to a disgruntled ex:

“I thought Dan was my best mate,” he says. “But he put me under immediate pressure to move things forward with him. I was asking for time and space, but I got ultimatums. I was put in a position. He said ‘we either get together or I’m gone from your life completely’.

“I was vulnerable. I had just lost what I thought was the love of my life, and suddenly I was going to lose my best mate too. I didn’t even have time to grieve the relationship. I just found myself tumbling into this relationship with Dan.”

This is a guy who is three years older than Dan. If he didn’t want to get in a relationship with him, he could have said no. I don’t think he can blame Dan for the fact he ‘tumbled into a relationship’ with him. Not saying I don’t think Dan’s a reprehensible arse btw, but you’ve got to take the emotion out of it.

Reactions: 10
I love how they got someone to reveal the probablity of someone having the same password and it being impossible lol

What's even crazier, is that somehow The Daily Mail have come out of this looking like the better people as GBeebies have kept him on

Reactions: 10
I think the problem with Truby’s testimony is establishing the objective truth. There is a lot of spin and conjecture in what he says that could just be put down to a disgruntled ex:

“I thought Dan was my best mate,” he says. “But he put me under immediate pressure to move things forward with him. I was asking for time and space, but I got ultimatums. I was put in a position. He said ‘we either get together or I’m gone from your life completely’.

“I was vulnerable. I had just lost what I thought was the love of my life, and suddenly I was going to lose my best mate too. I didn’t even have time to grieve the relationship. I just found myself tumbling into this relationship with Dan.”

This is a guy who is three years older than Dan. If he didn’t want to get in a relationship with him, he could have said no. I don’t think he can blame Dan for the fact he ‘tumbled into a relationship’ with him. Not saying I don’t think Dan’s a reprehensible arse btw, but you’ve got to take the emotion out of it.
I think Truby’s account should have been in Part 1, and I also don’t think Byline Times needed to act like Truby was some kind of victim or saint in order for him to be telling the truth about Dan W. It’s simple enough that he was with Dan and saw some of what went on.

I could say more on the details but it will sound like I’m defending Dan again, which I have absolutely no intention of doing — suffice to say I can see a few things in the articles that Dan’s lawyers, the esteemed… Griffin Law, whoever they are, would be able to push back on. I’ll leave them to work that out.

I think The Guardian’s story was just based on Dan’s column not appearing as Tattlers here first pointed out as far as saw!

There should be enough out there for GB News to to least be concerned with doing the right thing and suspending Dan or if they don’t want to do so, they should give detailed reasons why, for example they’ve at least looked into it themselves and (rightly or wrongly) don’t see enough to suspend him in their opinion.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.