Curtis and AJ Pritchard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just had a look on AJ's insta (for my sins) and he's struggling to hit even 1k likes for most of his posts these days. I wonder if he has a back up plan if the influencing work dries up 😬

Reactions: 10
I just had a look on AJ's insta (for my sins) and he's struggling to hit even 1k likes for most of his posts these days. I wonder if he has a back up plan if the influencing work dries up 😬
I’ll never understand why he left Strictly. I know someone posted that he and Curtis were going to be BBC’s Ant and Dec if COVID hadn’t happened but I just can’t see it. I wonder if he rues the day he left - he was a really good teacher, creative and popular and now he advertises things like jelly and isn’t even tagged in one of Anton’s adverts

Reactions: 16
I’ll never understand why he left Strictly. I know someone posted that he and Curtis were going to be BBC’s Ant and Dec if COVID hadn’t happened but I just can’t see it. I wonder if he rues the day he left - he was a really good teacher, creative and popular and now he advertises things like jelly and isn’t even tagged in one of Anton’s adverts
Even if someone had made some vague promises to them about presenting work, I think the roundabout antics was the nail in the coffin for any chance of TV work again #heartbroken

Yeah, as much as it's easy to take the piss, AJ was a decent enough pro (as long as he didn't have to try and string a sentence together on screen)

Reactions: 11
Even if someone had made some vague promises to them about presenting work, I think the roundabout antics was the nail in the coffin for any chance of TV work again #heartbroken

Yeah, as much as it's easy to take the piss, AJ was a decent enough pro (as long as he didn't have to try and string a sentence together on screen)
I really liked him. He thought he was irreplaceable and everyone is like "remember that baby-face blonde haired guy" "oh you mean Nikita?"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t think he was happy at Strictly. I don’t 100% blame him for that as the current production team frustrate the hell out of me even as a viewer and of course, the show isn’t for everyone, it’s time consuming and physically demanding. Oksana joined the same year as him and ducked out after 1 series, he at least managed 4.

But he should have left with more dignity plus he seemed deluded and clueless as to his future.

TBF, he is in the public eye more than most other ex pros. And he was a good pro. But the show has moved on and he has just been an endless supply of cringe since he left.

Reactions: 4
There seems to be a lot of resentment from Strictly fans when pros leave of their own accord. There is always this belief that quitting to pursue other things in the entertainment industry means they think they are bigger than the show leading to inevitable sneering at what they end up doing and claiming they must be filled with deep regret and wishing they could go back. I hear it about Kevin Clifton all the time and even Oti who seemed to escape this got it when Romeo and Duet got such a bad reception.

To be honest if he wanted a post show career it was more or less the right time for him to leave. The farther out from Curtis' Love Island season the less he could capitalise on his brother's reality show fame. I have a suspicion that the plan was to give it another year, according to him there were plans for him and Curtis to have a BBC show, I imagine it would have been a one off like they gave Amy Dowden to talk about having Chrons but with them talking about their dyslexia. The hope would be that would set them up for future presenting gigs but since that was cancelled due to Covid he and his management thought it was better to play the I'm a Celeb card since they had been courting him (as they do most of the more recognisable Strictly pros).

Short of him having his own show I think he's reasonably happy with were he is. He's always been an unashamed fan of reality tv and doing the circuit of reality/challenge shows always seemed like the most likely route he'd take. Tacky as some may find it I'm sure most Strictly pros would do that if they had a big enough profile outside the show. There was a news article last year that said Giovanni was looking to replicate AJ's success in reality tv to which his fans sneered at as if he was above it but it definitely looks as if he's lining himself up for that perhaps looking at how AJ did it to avoid some of his errors.

Reactions: 2

He should have made himself available to Scofield......................................................

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just checked out their feeds for the first time in ages.

I didn't know they'd been promoting their own car page "Bros Torque Supercars" 🤦‍♀️

Not exactly going well with 660 followers and barely any views
Screenshot_20230610_151930_Instagram.jpg

---
That's an unfortunate still I thought, so I went to check out the video. And it was a photo to start with 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The car youtube niche is pretty full, and most petrol heads I know would never follow either of these dickheads.

Reactions: 7
The car youtube niche is pretty full, and most petrol heads I know would never follow either of these dickheads.
Yep, just goes to show how they aren't influencing anyone if only 600 of their hundreds of thousands of followers can be swayed to follow their car account.

And that's for free. They ain't shifting any products for companies.

Reactions: 8
The cars stuff always seemed misjudged to me. I doubt anyone who follows them does so for their interest in cars, they do it for dance related stuff, reality tv or their personal lives. It's a pretty niche subject so having a small number of viewers may not be too bad if they are consistently engaged but while they seem to have a genuine interest in cars I imagine most gear heads would probably scoff at the idea of watching two ballroom dancers talking about the subject.

Reactions: 4
AJ is on House of Games this week. Didn’t catch it yesterday but three rounds in he’s already bottom of the leaderboard.

it’s a good job that he’s so pretty because brain cells are somewhat thin on the ground.

And the massive tattoo of his initials onhis arm, in case he ever forgets who he is 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh god they ate so embarrassing! What's the target audience here because I can't imagine anyone being entertained by that shite?
Christ I just remembered they are trained dancers too which makes it all the more 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11