Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Discussing about the abomination taking over the world. Opinions, facts and discussion welcome!
https://www.asian-dawn.com/2020/07/22/1619-project-founder-believes-asians-arent-people-of-color/

and this:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Merpedy

VIP Member
Perhaps, but unless someone points it out to me, I'm not going to be afraid of some invisible not-concrete boogeyman. also what do you mean by, can it really exist?
Generally, I don't think most people care because they're not affected by it, so to them that bogeyman is invisible whatever happens until they become affected by it themselves

On the 'can it really exist point'
When the whole discussion on the racism report that was released a while ago, it concluded that white boys underachieve a lot more compared to black boys. A lot of people and the media chose to focus on that rather than discussing why that may be, the implication in a lot of the discussion was that institutional racism didn't exist because white boys were underachieving more

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I feel under the weather and am taking a short break from posting. All the negativity and toxicity from Twitter is truly draining. Will post clown world updates later and will lurk instead.

I hope all of you are doing well. Don't let the bastards get you down.
Take care. I enjoy the clown world updates for the incredible levels of stupidity but I can understand why it is depressing at the same time.

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think that's an understandable assumption to make since the main narrative when it comes to racism has always been that white = automatically superior to everyone else. Perhaps there's a different way to think about it?
Or that's just a very simplified version of racism that fit a long time ago, and still still probably fits in America

It's why bringing issues and theories from America into the UK doesn't work as well

Reactions: 3

Big_Joe

Hi. I truly believe in equal rights for all. Education is of great importance (kids but also all ages upto age 150). I read a few posts on here. I am a 'white' UK widower soon to be marrying a 'brown' Chinese lady. Only 'race' of importance (1 day but not within our life times - people now more interested in scammers and convicted criminals like that scum Katie Price and co) will be 'Earth Race'. Decades ago i will admit there was a small amount of racism in UK (even i was when i was 10 years old). I hope genuinely we unite Earth 1 day. It cant be worse than it is now 99.1% own more than 0.9% ^^^. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
@Merpedy "Plus, if we really consider it. Not many people/no one would look at a white girl with blonde hair and say 'wow you look so exotic" - actually, blonde hair is a colour that rarely occurs naturally bar some countries so yes, it could be called exotic in some Western country. As I said, I have been told my colouring is exotic. In my own country it wouldn't be but in others it could be. I don't see that as an insult or that difference is something we should be afraid of. Vive la difference and it takes all sorts to make a world

Context is key and I don't believe that going down the road of trying to find racism in every little thing is healthy.

chocolatepeaches

Chatty Member
Yes, I am aware of the complex history of the slave trade and how a range of people, including African nations, were complicit. But other countries committing genocide doesn't mean Germans shouldn't learn about the holocaust.

Regarding Sati, it's important to note that there were Indian people who fought against that also:

Yes I am aware that Indians were also involved in the abolishment of Sati. South Asian here.

But no, the British Empire didn't commit 'genocide.' That's a broad brush to paint the entire legacy of the British Empire with.

If you going to refer to the Bengal famine during WWII, it was a lie. https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.edu/masani-bengal-famine/

This has been a strange few years. I was brought up in London, undeniably multicultural. I have had neighbours, acquaintances, colleagues and friends from all cultures. But in the last few years I am wary about engaging with people from different cultures in case I am accused of saying the wrong thing. There seems to be a fight brewing, where innocuous chat is being labelled as racist or a micro aggression, which devalues real racism.

There seems to be a lot of opportunism and a settling of scores, rather than an attempt to equalise things for everybody. It is simpler not to speak in depth to anybody who is not from the same background as me. Writing that a few years ago would have been inconceivable.In a short few years, the aggression about race has become so inflamed. Where we were once together, we are now apart. It suits somebody somewhere to have us all at each other’s throats.
I also find that it makes me increasingly nervous as well, I struggle with social anxiety anyway and now I find myself overthinking things. And I'm not talking about the super right wing 'wasn't it great when we could just say the n-word' perspective. I'm more talking about things like, if I offered watermelon to a black friend, omg, what if this is seen as racist? (watermelon was used historically in racist depictions of black people in the US)

You end up in some sort of weird Basil Fawlty 'don't mention the war' sort of thing.

Anne1448

VIP Member
Yes, this is exactly the problem with woke people rushing in to tell us about micro aggressions and you can't say this or that because it's racist- woke people would rather we treat black people with kid gloves than risk saying the wrong thing. Instead of treating them like equals we have to treat them like they're fragile and delicate.

When we're told that it's racist to compliment someones hair or to say a surname is unique or exotic, all that does is stifle debate and conversation and leave people afraid to say anything.

This is fascinating

At the time everyone was saying Amy was a racist

She was a frightened woman in a park and everyone used it against her and called her a racist etc.
One of my favourite drag queen, Bod the drag queen, said that he would rather have someone say something racist to his face than pretend to be all nice and do disgusting things behind his back.

As a mixed person myself I wholeheartedly agree with him. I'd rather have someone say the wrong thing so that I can correct them or stay away from them. Than having them fake being polite or respectful towards me.

However some cultures are all about saying things indirectly. The British from my experience will say indirectly racist things. Yet when you point it out they act as if they don't know what they did. In contrast to French or Italians who will tell you like it is.

Last edited:

D-ERF

Is it possible to still edit the poll? 😅 I'd say I'm not yet sure how I feel! Maybe I just kept my eye off the ball there for a little while, but it feels like 'critical race theory' popped up overnight and was everywhere before I even realised what it is!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Generally, I don't think most people care because they're not affected by it, so to them that bogeyman is invisible whatever happens until they become affected by it themselves

On the 'can it really exist point'
When the whole discussion on the racism report that was released a while ago, it concluded that white boys underachieve a lot more compared to black boys. A lot of people and the media chose to focus on that rather than discussing why that may be, the implication in a lot of the discussion was that institutional racism didn't exist because white boys were underachieving more
I think that's an understandable assumption to make since the main narrative when it comes to racism has always been that white = automatically superior to everyone else. Perhaps there's a different way to think about it?

White people didn't start slavery. The history of slavery spans many cultures, nationalities, and religions from ancient times to the present day. Cough, cough present day African continent and Middle East still having it.

See below ⬇

Yes, I am aware of the complex history of the slave trade and how a range of people, including African nations, were complicit. But other countries committing genocide doesn't mean Germans shouldn't learn about the holocaust.

Regarding Sati, it's important to note that there were Indian people who fought against that also:

Merpedy

VIP Member
UK was one of the first countries to abolish slavery way before US. Yes, the British empire did some atrocities but so did every other empire in history. Colonialism is not equal to Nazism.
History tends to focus on both the good and the bad, and the problem with history in schools right now is that the ones focused on Britain only focus on the good, the mention of anything bad is ignored completely . Even Britain's role in the slave trade tends to be downplayed a bit and the majority of it falls onto America

IngressUK

VIP Member
that's exactly how I feel about it, call out proper racism when you see it, but it just seems as though people love placing others in categories and groups. I also think CRT (might be wrong) seems to place informal rules that don't always apply, as in only white people can be racist which isn't true.
Although it is seemingly acceptable for some people of ethnic backgrounds to throw around abuse unchallenged. When they should be called out - regardless of their race.

Around a month ago, I was called a 'battyman' and 'faggot' by a group of black lads, in a park near Streatham Hill, in London.

Luckily I was on the bike, so I could get away before anything kicked off.

However, they obviously wouldn't like racism directed towards them, but don't seem to have any issues throwing around what was homophobic abuse to others.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Context is key and I don't believe that going down the road of trying to find racism in every little thing is healthy.
The implication here is that stuff that makes people potentially uncomfortable and feel like complete outsiders in their own country is fine as long as it's not outwardly racist

Bit of a yikes 😬

• Sad