Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suemia

I agree. He’s clearly just after making money out of drama videos because he was getting the two families confused so didn’t even put in the effort to know which family is which. I don’t mind channels like that when they actually know what they’re talking about.
Yeah it wasn't very well researched at all. He did say he was going to research more and go deeper so we shall see how that plays out.

Has anyone seen Crazy Treasures new video? Half the video is just Isaac showing guns in a gun store. Very odd content choice for a family channel imo. I mean know your audience.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Meisify2

VIP Member
I’m glad the middles are finally getting Annaveah and Braxton speech therapy! It’s long long overdue!
They’re grooming Annaveah to become the next vlogging favourite child, first Lacey then Cynthia next Aubrey and then Annaveah, so her speach has to be perfect for that role! Braxton is just being taken along for the ride

LLR

I also wonder how active they are as mormons. CM force their kids to go to church, not necessarily believe, but I don't know about the CPs?
Both families have said that they do not film on Sundays because those are for church. I'm not sure if I remember much talk of it recently, they talked about it more when they lived in St. Johns.

Slightly off topic but I've always wondered if the Mormon church encourages family vlogging as a either a way for families to have more income to give to the church or so the Mormons are watching other Mormons be Mormon or so families and young children who are watching Mormons may be encouraged to convert. There are so many Mormon vlogging families (8 Passengers, Not Enough Nelsons, J House Vlogs, Bucket List Family, Crosby Family, Yawi Vlogs, April & Davey, Mindy McKnight of Cute Girls Haristyles and her kids (Brooklyn & Bailey etc.)). It's weird how many Mormon families seem to be family vloggers who get you watching and occasionally share their faith. Sure you get the generically Christian family vloggers and the ones who don't go to church but I don't really come across any other faiths that often when just randomly watching videos.

Meisify2

VIP Member
I usually really like the crazy pieces but did you notice Arrianas behaviour during the trip? She was bossy, spoilt, ever dramatic. I think they give her anything she wants, she comes across as a spoilt bulli

lokencrepis

I think you're misunderstanding me, they are obviously using making YouTube videos as a way of making money as a lot of other people do I just don't think they keep adopting kids to make money. They've both said they started making videos to have memories of their kids and that

It is possible that earning additional money from YouTube is helping them support more kids than they would be able to otherwise but both families have other sources of income. They are earning money in a lot of other ways as well (stock trading, real estate, app development) which are probably all a lot easier that fostering to adopt.

I did some double checking. They started doing foster care over a decade ago, their channel was created in August 2015 after already having adopted Ariana the year before in 2014 (which is when they were initially wanting to adopt Melinda) and they've only really been making regular content for the last 3 years. Their second video is the adoption video for Alex, Hannah and Brody.

The Middles also joined YouTube in 2015 and at that time they already had adopted Cody, Lacey, Lizzie, Jonathan, Destiny, Cynthia and were fostering Weston, Spencer and three others.

That's a lot of kids pre-YouTube if they are not genuinely interested in foster care and adoption.
Oh yeah, of course they have other income streams and started adopting before youtube. I do not judge their choice for initially starting adopting and fostering whatsoever. I think they are genuinely interested in adoption and love looking after children. That doesn't take away from the fact that they are using those adopted children to make money on youtube.

You wouldn't get videos of 'new adoption' of 'my new adopted name' in the voyeuristic tone that they do, without there being a draw with the money. If it was only about adoption, they wouldn't blast it out there for the world to see. This is genuine virtue signalling. Aren't we wonderful, we've adopted all these vulnerable children... only to put them on youtube, where people on tattle and in their comment sections judge and comment on the children's appearance or personality and their history, that is simply not protecting your children. They are aware of the mental health implications that social media brings, they are not stupid... yet they continue to film their vulnerable children... make it make sense? And that's without saying that the 'my adoption story' 'meeting bio siblings for the first time' is exploitative of their privacy, and never-mind the money that brings in. How could you say that earning 100.000s doesn't influence them on adopting more and more children. It is a money earner, whether thats what they were originally aiming for or not.

The idea of showing the children and 'teasing' the audience with shots of them BEFORE they are adopted is weird. There are full shots of those three newly adopted kids before they were legally adopted. That's breaking their fostering regulations.... so theyre risking their license for... clicks? For more money? Or are their editing skills not up to par? If their editing skills are not good enough to blur a child, then perhaps filming is too risky? You know, because theyre doing it for their love of children and adopting... but they dont, they clickbait these children and their injuries (don't get me started on the hospital videos and car wreck videos) within an inch of their lives. If they were doing it all and only for the kids welfare, they would't have them on camera at all, until adoption. They also have them reiterate traumatic stories and why they were adopted on youtube videos as well?? They're children, they need protecting. Especially the ones who had to go to court.

And they can make videos and memories, why does it need to be publicly posted to youtube? I have videos of my childhood, stored on disk and vhs, there is absolutely no need to have it publicly available. If theyre doing it for other adopted/adoptive parents....why does it have to be monetised if they're just giving advice to other people? Why does it all have to be branded? Why does it need to be a cliff hanger on some videos? Why are they buying newer camera equipment or asking their audience for ideas of what they want to see? That doesn't tell me that they're making memories. It tells me they've created a business.

Also, children cannot consent to having their image and story out there. So even if they are happy now, to tell all these deeply personal stories for millions to watch and judge, they physically and mentally cannot grasp the long term implications of this. University? Jobs? Future relationships?

Mukbangs = the people who do this, ate before. They enjoyed many a meal in their lives before they popped it on youtube. Does not mean that they aren't doing it for money now? I think not. I think you can do something for many years, doesn't mean you won't monetise it in the future. And then do more of said thing, to make more money. Think of nikocadoavocado. 1000000% monetised something he was already doing, did more of it to make more money. CP and CM, adopted before youtube, started making money, so they did it more.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Prettyinpink25

Can we stop the talk on the siblings dating now? They are SIBLINGS!!

Spencer’s caption was on several photos not just that one with Cynthia I think Aubrey was in one as well his whole Instagram is weird including his replies to people so I wouldn’t read too much into it!

Before reading this thread I would never have thought anything of Like and Bella going off in Disney by themselves! For a start she’s younger than his bio sister and anyway they are siblings, she has come into the family as a sibling, they just get on well which is lovely!

Let’s put it to bed now and stop speculating on disgusting things, there is so much more to talk about than that, such as why the older CM kids don’t seem to finish high school and instead drop out to do their GED? Or why all the CM kids seem to move out ASAP when they are old enough? Harlan is literally counting down the days until he moves out!!

Prettyinpink25

I’m glad someone else noticed how rude Bladen was! He snatched the cotton candy as well and didn’t say thank you once for all they did for him, he didn’t even let them finish telling him the inflatables were for him etc before he had run off.

lokencrepis

Bexley sounds like it should be Becky. Cove is pretty, but very influencer. Totally agree on the chavy feel, without being too Katie Hopkins, her siblings names are Tyler and Brooke.

Lacey: her name is Bexley Cove Lopez
Eli: hahah she got my last name before you!

Anyone else think it’s a dickhead thing to say? Especially after Lacey mentioned in the crazy middles’ vlog that she was doing wifey things for Eli on a girlfriend’s salary. Idk it just seemed weird thing for Eli to say on camera to me
I watched a video a couple weeks back with Eli in it, I didn't really get a great vibe from him. That could just be awkwardness on camera, but you'd think he'd put a bit of a warmer face on it. But then again, this was at the middles house and generally most 'extra' family members seem cold and awkward around them. I know I would be 😂

Sazie1

Aurora is really talking better after her surgery. Sad that doctors didn’t notice earlier that she had this.

JDseasonings4life

I had the same thought with the reborn doll but if Melinda and Isaacs are living together with scarlet then Jamie probably felt left out as Melinda was helping care for her for some time so moved back with the petits and Jamie seems to always be with aurora I know she's her bio mum but I can imagine it could get confusing in a few years
i think it could get confusing for both Jamie and Aurora. I really feel like it can only end in upset for Jamie, bless her. They probably have enough money to get her a small apartment close by.

paigelemonade

VIP Member
Bexley sounds like it should be Becky. Cove is pretty, but very influencer. Totally agree on the chavy feel, without being too Katie Hopkins, her siblings names are Tyler and Brooke.

I watched a video a couple weeks back with Eli in it, I didn't really get a great vibe from him. That could just be awkwardness on camera, but you'd think he'd put a bit of a warmer face on it. But then again, this was at the middles house and generally most 'extra' family members seem cold and awkward around them. I know I would be 😂
Nicole even asked Shelley to be in her birthing room and Shelley agreed! Seems like madness to me as Nicole seems entirely uncomfortable around overbearing Shelley

Alohomora

Nicole probably saw all the gifted items that Lacey has been given on their latest video and decided to make an appearance. Could not believe how many parcels there were!!

• Heart

lokencrepis

Both families have said that they do not film on Sundays because those are for church. I'm not sure if I remember much talk of it recently, they talked about it more when they lived in St. Johns.

Slightly off topic but I've always wondered if the Mormon church encourages family vlogging as a either a way for families to have more income to give to the church or so the Mormons are watching other Mormons be Mormon or so families and young children who are watching Mormons may be encouraged to convert. There are so many Mormon vlogging families (8 Passengers, Not Enough Nelsons, J House Vlogs, Bucket List Family, Crosby Family, Yawi Vlogs, April & Davey, Mindy McKnight of Cute Girls Haristyles and her kids (Brooklyn & Bailey etc.)). It's weird how many Mormon families seem to be family vloggers who get you watching and occasionally share their faith. Sure you get the generically Christian family vloggers and the ones who don't go to church but I don't really come across any other faiths that often when just randomly watching videos.
Yessssssss!! I have been wondering this for YEARS. Five two love, Knorpp and South, The Piano Guys too! Its ridiculous, there's so many of them, too many for it to be coincidence in my mind! There isn't enough mormons.... for it to just be natural. I think it has to be some kind of advertising drive from the mormon church. Maybe they get paid by the church, as it's technically an advertising job? Plenty of families online are christian, but the saturation of mormons online is too much for it to have just 'happened'. I know from watching Jordan and Mckay, that the missionaries are very much using social media to attract people to the religion, it's not beyond to think they're engineering entire channels.

It could always have just been a suggestion of how to evangelise for the church? At their conference thing, perhaps someone showed how well some of the really big Youtubers are doing, and other families got ideas?

I just did a quick search on mormon Youtubers.... THE SHAYTARDS. I had no idea they were mormon??? I knew they were christian and fairly religious from the whole cheating and alcoholism... but its alcohol! Wouldn't have even guessed they were mormon, mainly due to that!

The Jewish Youtubers are really coming up at the moment, I've been recommended several orthodox Jews recently. Very very interesting, as I only knew a tiny amount about judaism. But they're all really upfront with their religion, theres no smoke and mirrors like with the mormons. But then again, its quite hard to hide your jewishness if youre wearing a hair covering... 😂

Meisify2

VIP Member
So crazy middles have opened their adoption license again!! Don’t the social workers ask what they do for work? And then realise it’s not a family, its a business, out with the old and in with the new!!!

• Angry

KTC

Chatty Member
Bexley? That can’t be the name surely? I thought it would be a pretty name like lily or Alice
Too close to Bentley. Sounds like a dogs name. Reckon it's correct though as it definitely starts with a B. I don't know how you describe it in America, but in England Bexley would be a chav name.

Meisify2

VIP Member
I just watch crazy pieces new video, its shocking that Crystal has adopted so many kids from trauma and yet doesn’t understand why they dont like going to the barbers. A stranger in their personal space, touching them, taking control from them, the kids maybe feels trapped once they are in the chair etc. I went through trauma and I still can’t go to the hairdressers, i always prefer someone i trust who isnt even qualified to cut my hair

pixxyy

VIP Member
That seems way too soon to be proposing, they can’t have been together that long and are still young. If it were my child I’d be encouraging him to give it more time but I’m sure crystal just squealed when Alex said he was proposing
elsewhere I saw it suggested that she might be pregnant and because of their religion, quick wedding

• Wow

KTC

Chatty Member

2:20 is interesting… even their close friends suspected they were being used. And yeah I agree! I was shocked when I saw him, and it looked like he had his own son too! He looks so much like Jared and sort of like their old friend Devon. Something very weird going on imo and I don’t think this will work out well for any of them…. Did you see how squeamish Nicole was when Lacey hugged her and said their kids were gonna be best friends?
Even Jacob seems awkward around her, although I guess they have been apart for a long time. If your close friends are saying it, there's probably something to it :confused: