Crafting

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find crafting to be incredibly calming? When I feel down or anxious I find doing simple repetitive stitches so relaxing
It has a physiological effect on the brain, calming the amygdala (stress centre). There is evidence that it has the same impact as mindfulness. Aren't we amazing?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
IMG_5582.jpeg

I’ve made this blanket inspired by Taylor Swifts era colours but I needs a border and I don’t know what colours to do to bring it all together. None of them seem to the right colour.

any ideas?

although I’m wondering if I should have used maybe a neutral cream as a final round on each square and then it would have tied them all together so I may need to redo that - would make the blanket larger too?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That is a beautiful blanket 😍.

I am not good at working out colours, but maybe a neutral colour. You have used a creamy colour in some of the squares, maybe that one?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That's fab. You could make a chunky black border work on it, and it's easier to do securely.

• Heart
It’s only taken me a year to pluck up the courage to thread my gift overlocker. 😳 Made a pair of pants yesterday I’m wearing today - so no pics as I need to protect you from my arse!

Someone said a few pages back you Don’t have to be great - just enjoy it. I’ll remind myself of that next time I’m unpicking a seam… or struggling with which way up to face the fabric.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Just started trying to learn crochet.. does anyone know any good YT channels for beginners? The ones I have found are too fast or hard to follow. I follow along but my single/double crochet just turns into a big knot.. I have got the chains down though. Have a few several feet long but I want to move on..

Reactions: 3
Just started trying to learn crochet.. does anyone know any good YT channels for beginners? The ones I have found are too fast or hard to follow. I follow along but my single/double crochet just turns into a big knot.. I have got the chains down though. Have a few several feet long but I want to move on..
I followed the lovable hoops channel, managed to make the owl hat they done an I was just starting, also used the Bella Coco channel am sure it's called for learning beginner things

Bella Coco crochet is very good. Attic 24 is very good - its a blog rather than videos which I find much easier to follow

Definitely Bella Coco Crochet, I learnt from her tutorials and I think they’re excellent.

Reactions: 1
Blossom Crochet is great for a beginner. Bella Coco too as others have mentioned.

I followed the lovable hoops channel, managed to make the owl hat they done an I was just starting, also used the Bella Coco channel am sure it's called for learning beginner things
I will admit the Bella Coco one was good for the chain but this was the one I WAS following for the actual stitch and though I follow her slowly and carefully it looks kinda like a knot to me and IDK if I am doing it right cos not sure what it's meant to look like

I would definitely second Attic 24. Although there are photos rather than videos the instructions are really clear - especially showing you exactly where to put your hook and when I was learning I found they made much more sense than videos.

She does separate videos for left handed people, very useful.
Noticed that . very thoughtful
---
I would definitely second Attic 24. Although there are photos rather than videos the instructions are really clear - especially showing you exactly where to put your hook and when I was learning I found they made much more sense than videos.
I checked it out but the font is very small and its not very searchable/user friendly. most of the stuff on there appears to be about her personal life (no offence but not what I'm looking for) and I cannot find any tagged or bookmarked things for beginners

Last edited:
I checked it out but the font is very small and its not very searchable/user friendly. most of the stuff on there appears to be about her personal life (no offence but not what I'm looking for) and I cannot find any tagged or bookmarked things for beginners
No, you’re right, sorry about that.
I haven’t been on there for quite a while and it’s all gone a bit self indulgent - I’m not sure that photos of beach huts and cups of coffee are entirely helpful when you’re trying to master double crochet!
Some of her blanket patterns are lovely though.

I'd recommend The Crochet Crowd. I used a mixture of youtubers when learning including Bella Coco and HappyBerry crochet.

I had two hours in a car today as a passenger and brought loads of Granny Squares with me to weave in the ends. I never learn an dalways leave them to do all at once. I have 102 all weaved in. Only 18 more to go 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Try hooked by Robin x