Crafting

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is my kinda thread 🤣 I’m addicted to sewing. I love dressmaking and patchwork/quilting as well as bag making. I’m just learning to crochet too. Oh and I’ve cross stitched since I was really little! Got a couple of big ones on the go. I like Caterpillar Cross Stitch patterns 😄 really fun and modern.

Been sewing about 3 years now but the dressmaking really took off last year when I got an overlocker for my birthday.

I love Tilly and the Buttons patterns and her books! Got the Billie dress pattern and some nice knit fabric arriving this week so that should keep me occupied!

I also love Friday Pattern Company patterns and I want to try out some Merchant and Mills ones and Closet Core. I must also add I am absolutely addicted to buying fabric 🙈😂

Reactions: 10
This is my kinda thread 🤣 I’m addicted to sewing. I love dressmaking and patchwork/quilting as well as bag making. I’m just learning to crochet too. Oh and I’ve cross stitched since I was really little! Got a couple of big ones on the go. I like Caterpillar Cross Stitch patterns 😄 really fun and modern.

Been sewing about 3 years now but the dressmaking really took off last year when I got an overlocker for my birthday.

I love Tilly and the Buttons patterns and her books! Got the Billie dress pattern and some nice knit fabric arriving this week so that should keep me occupied!

I also love Friday Pattern Company patterns and I want to try out some Merchant and Mills ones and Closet Core. I must also add I am absolutely addicted to buying fabric 🙈😂
Do you follow Juliet Tuzor, the Uncut Podcast or The Polka Dot Palace on IG? All lovely, honest sewers and informative as well as funny.
Oh, just remembered - The Little Pomegranate is lovely too.

Reactions: 6
Do you follow Juliet Tuzor, the Uncut Podcast or The Polka Dot Palace on IG? All lovely, honest sewers and informative as well as funny.
Oh, just remembered - The Little Pomegranate is lovely too.
No I don’t! I’m off to look them up, thanks 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello all! So pleased to see this thread 👋🏻

I’m dreadful at crafting, I have neither the talent nor patience but I’m determined to crack one. I had a baby 5 months ago and for my own sanity I need to do an activity for me. I’ve got a cheap sewing machine, I’ve been trying YouTube beginner videos (I’m so basic, I’m still struggling with the bobbin!) but after seeing a few mentions of Tilly & the Buttons on here I’ll check out what they may have to help.

Looking forward to chatting about all things crafts with you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm having a go at a temperature blanket this year - I learnt to knit when I was probably around 8 but I haven't done much at all over the last few years, and I've found it helps with my anxiety. I've ordered some yarn today so hopefully I'll be able to get started soon. It won't be expertly done and probably will be a bit messy but I don't care! For now I'm just knitting without purpose to get back into the swing of it, with a cat trying to play with my yarn!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello all! So pleased to see this thread 👋🏻

I’m dreadful at crafting, I have neither the talent nor patience but I’m determined to crack one. I had a baby 5 months ago and for my own sanity I need to do an activity for me. I’ve got a cheap sewing machine, I’ve been trying YouTube beginner videos (I’m so basic, I’m still struggling with the bobbin!) but after seeing a few mentions of Tilly & the Buttons on here I’ll check out what they may have to help.

Looking forward to chatting about all things crafts with you all!
You should check out Tilly's online workshops too. She has a Make Friends with a Sewing Machine one which covers all the basics. I haven't done that one myself but I have done her intro to sewing jersey and intro to shirtdress ones and they were really good.

Reactions: 4
Hey! General maker here I’m working my way to sewing all my own clothes. This evening is going to be spent unpicking some Winslow culottes that I have messed up the pockets and need to undo pretty much the whole thing to sort out the mess I have made!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi! I mostly cross stitch. I made a few Christmas cards, and have a cool geometric Northern Lights pattern up next to start. I'm so slow at stitching though, it will take me ages!

I've signed up for my first ever Zoom craft class too, it's needle felting which I've never tried before. Will be interesting to see how I get on with virtual craft learning!
I cross stitch too - find it so relaxing! Had considered trying needle felting but had no idea where to start, might have search and see if can find an online class, great idea

I'm in the middle of 4 different Cross stitch projects at the moment. Including an advent calendar that wasn't ready for 1st December 🤦🏼‍♀️

I wish I could crochet but can't seem to follow YouTube how to's 😔 My wedding dress had buttons down the back and the bridal shop gave me a crochet hook to do it up. It has been a dream of mine to use the hook to make something for our first baby. Thankfully I'm not pregnant or TTC yet so have time to learn

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You should check out Tilly's online workshops too. She has a Make Friends with a Sewing Machine one which covers all the basics. I haven't done that one myself but I have done her intro to sewing jersey and intro to shirtdress ones and they were really good.
Thank you so much, just been reading the course synopsis and it’s exactly what I need. I’m treating myself to it, now all I need is the baby to cooperate and give me some time to really get to grips with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Love this, thank you for setting up! Not mega crafty but am attempting to embroider some baby sleepsuits with my daughter’s name some point this / next week so will be reading for tips! xx
I’ve just used the soluble canvas - so easy to create original designs and stitch - makes it so much easier!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I have made 3 Merchant & Mills patterns - they are not straight forward! For two of them I had to go to my local shop for practical help to find out what I was supposed to do.

Reactions: 6
I have made 3 Merchant & Mills patterns - they are not straight forward! For two of them I had to go to my local shop for practical help to find out what I was supposed to do.
Ah thanks for the heads up, I can’t cope with traditional patterns e.g. New Look etc, they make me question my ability to understand English 🤣

I really recommend the indie sewing patterns as quite a few have sew along videos! It helps so much as I have read and re read the same line over and still don’t have a bloody clue!