COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, first time posting on this thread but I do read it.
I need advice, please?
My husband came home from work today and has been told that the training he was promised will no longer happen now as he is unvaccinated. Apparently the people who are in charge of his training don't feel comfortable training him. BTW he only told his line manager he was unvaccinated and no one else. Is this legal? Thanks.
What is the job?

I need advice, please?
My husband came home from work today and has been told that the training he was promised will no longer happen now as he is unvaccinated. Apparently the people who are in charge of his training don't feel comfortable training him. BTW he only told his line manager he was unvaccinated and no one else. Is this legal? Thanks.
Fgs that’s ridiculous. How many people do they associate with daily whilst out shopping etc and they have no idea if they’re vaccinated?

Reactions: 8
I need advice, please?
I reckon it is such a grey area that them justifying that in an employment tribunal would be very difficult, the onus would be on the employer to prove they were right, than the employee to prove discrimination - which it is. Does he have an HR department he can speak to? If they think he's going to take it further they'll soon back down as they're in the wrong.
I imagine the trainers are just militant bellends who are total jobsworths and think they can bully people into getting jabbed, because they assume they're right. The world is full of them these days.

Edited to say; I've just re-read your post, and surely the line manager disclosing personal health information without his consent is another serious issue that they wouldn't want to face in a tribunal.

Reactions: 14
Please ignore my rant but I am sick to the back teeth of morons constantly taking tests or testing their family. I've never taken a test, I have never met anyone who has, I know when I am ill and would do what I have always done and stay in bed away from people. Unless you are made to by your employer I just don't get it. I don't need a dodgy unreliable test that is probably lining someones fat pocket to tell me how I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I need advice, please?
Sounds like your employer has breached your personal information by sharing your medical history with a third party company that as far as I can tell you haven’t consented to? I would be on to a solicitor and take leave due to the anxiety and stress of knowing your employer is telling people about your medical history.

Reactions: 9
To be devils advocate & tot knowing the full details of the situation what could have happened is that husbands tells line manager he's unvaccinated. Company providing training asks if participants on the course are vaccinated (maybe for insurance reasons idk), line manager tells them husband isn't, company says they can't have him attend for insurance reasons.

Aka not malicious, but definitely wrong. On the line managers part.

The RLF tests I take are for checking if I have contracted it and if I am asymptomatic. Working closely with vulnerable people and on the bank could mean hundreds of people with low immune systems are infected across the hospital. I believe these were rolled out to schools etc to help families living with vulnerable people. They’re free unless traveling abroad.

If you’re asymptomatic, you won’t know you’re sick. That’s why we have the tests. If you’ve chosen not to take one ever and still don’t understand why people were testing, then I don’t know what to say really, sorry. Maybe except I’m not a moron. The opposite of a moron imo.

Btw Pod, your passive aggressive laughter says you may not understand the meaning of ‘asymptomatic’ look it up. And moron whilst you’re at. I’ve fed people their dinner through Cpap hoods. That’s thanks to idiots like you.

not gonna lie, you’re on the tit list anyway love.
I could also say I'm surrounded by people of all ages who are struggling to find a way forward in life because of people carrying this farce on. If you disrupt millions of lives based on the "asymptomatic" line then 🤷.
I don't need the official reasons explaining thanks.
But thanks for ignoring my rant as I asked.

Reactions: 4
To be devils advocate & tot knowing the full details of the situation what could have happened is that husbands tells line manager he's unvaccinated. Company providing training asks if participants on the course are vaccinated (maybe for insurance reasons idk), line manager tells them husband isn't, company says they can't have him attend for insurance reasons.

Aka not malicious, but definitely wrong. On the line managers part.
My husbands company tried asking staff for vaccine details as part of their H&S.
He replied saying that he'd rather not answer. Nothing ever came of it, so H&S had nothing to do with it.
As its not mandated in all jobs then companies are allowed to ask, but you're allowed to refuse to answer.
If the OPs husband works in a mandated vaccine industry then they have right to refuse, if they don't then they're treading a very fine line with employment law.
As you say though, the boss broke confidentiality and the husband should have been told that a third party would be informed

Reactions: 4
Please ignore my rant but I am sick to the back teeth of morons constantly taking tests or testing their family. I've never taken a test, I have never met anyone who has, I know when I am ill and would do what I have always done and stay in bed away from people. Unless you are made to by your employer I just don't get it. I don't need a dodgy unreliable test that is probably lining someones fat pocket to tell me how I feel.
Hard to ignore such a pathetic rant. Those taking tests are not morons, those taking tests are sensible in trying to ensure they are reducing the risk of possible transmission of asymptomatic/symptomatic testing. They test because they may be vulnerable, someone in their family is vulnerable or their work involves working with the vulnerable/immunosuppressed population.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hard to ignore such a pathetic rant. Those taking tests are not morons, those taking tests are sensible in trying to ensure they are reducing the risk of possible transmission of asymptomatic/symptomatic testing. They test because they may be vulnerable, someone in their family is vulnerable or their work involves working with the vulnerable/immunosuppressed population.
They literally said unless you are made to by your employer.

Testing for the sake of it is just stupid if you don’t have symptoms it’s a waste of a test and taking up resources. What kind of society is it that it’s becoming normalised to take a test every 2 days to check if you’re sick. Surely we can agree the majority of people don’t need to test frequently it’s obsessive. So wasteful.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm clearly not talking about people who work with vulnerable people but the professional test takers for the first sign of a snivel...a bit like someone on here and many elsewhere.
There’s nothing wrong with testing just to rule out it is Covid-19. A little sniffle is how my symptoms started out and within a couple of days it got much worse so what is the harm in taking an LFT which takes seconds.

They literally said unless you are made to by your employer.

Testing for the sake of it is just stupid if you don’t have symptoms it’s a waste of a test and taking up resources. What kind of society is it that it’s becoming normalised to take a test every 2 days to check if you’re sick. Surely we can agree the majority of people don’t need to test frequently it’s obsessive. So wasteful.
I know what they said. If you don’t have symptoms, you could be asymptomatic. Why is it so hard for people to understand that asymptomatic could lead to symptomatic for some.

There’s nothing wrong with testing just to rule out it is Covid-19. A little sniffle is how my symptoms started out and within a couple of days it got much worse so what is the harm in taking an LFT which takes seconds.

I know what they said. If you don’t have symptoms, you could be asymptomatic. Why is it so hard for people to understand that asymptomatic could lead to symptomatic for some.
So do you test regularly every week?

Why would anyone want to do that.

If it develops into symptoms then they can take a test. The majority of the population don’t need to take it for the sake of taking it.

Reactions: 6
So do you test regularly every week?

Why would anyone want to do that.

If it develops into symptoms then they can take a test. The majority of the population don’t need to take it for the sake of taking it.
It doesn’t matter what I do. I just explained above why people test - asymptomatic.

This is going to be one of those agree to disagree conversations.

Reactions: 5
It doesn’t matter what I do. I just explained above why people test - asymptomatic.

This is going to be one of those agree to disagree conversations.
It does because you are contradicting yourself.

The fact of the matter is the general public should not and are not expected to test constantly. People who are militant testers need help.

Agree to disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

The fact of the matter is the general public should not and are not expected to test constantly. People who are militant testers need help.

Agree to disagree.
How am I contradicting myself? What I do is my business and yes I do test regularly. Agree to disagree. 🤝

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My opinion.
If people feel they want to test hourly, so what, it effects nobody.

if people never once test in their lives, at all, cool, whatever 😂

vaccinated, my business.
Unvaccinated, my business.

nobody is a moron for doing what’s best for them.

Reactions: 7
Moving on.

I bumped into an old work friend at M&S today. I haven’t seen her since pre-covid times. The good old vaccine convo came up. She’s triple jabbed. Her daughter is about 22 I think now and she’s double jabbed and she took a bad reaction to the second jab that ended her up in hospital. Her daughter has pre-existing heart condition that runs in their family. The mum has said 4 people in her work all had heart attacks after their second jab too. But here’s the mind blowing bit.

She said she would much rather have the jab and have a heart attack than get covid because god knows what could happen if she got covid 🤪

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I also know someone that tests everyday because covid has turned them into a hypochondriac and they are genuinely terrified of getting it. I think there is a lot of people that have developed conditions like this and agoraphobia

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Agree to disagree.
I think they need to do away with testing unless it's a medical emergency or else we'll never be out of this .

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.