COVID-19 vaccine #22 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My neighbour's son is very ill and has been in hospital for a while with an "undiagnosed" heart condition. Strangely enough, before this happened he had been in hospital for something else and was given a very thorough going over including his heart. She is puzzled but not suspicious

I know two vaccinated men with sudden prostate cancer. But also know one who isn't, or at least thought he wasn't. but turns out he was ( my brother) He also has a group of friends and out of the,6 of them, 5 have prostate cancer. all have been vaccinated. We were talking about this and I asked if they were vaccinated he said yes and then I asked were you? and he said yes and he didnt want it but felt presurised and didnt want to say he had it for the reason he felt it wasn't his choice

A friend died the day after hers, my two best friends one has leukaemia the other has neurological problems since the vaccine
My dads best friend had bowel cancer. Had the best surgeon in Cape Town to remove the tumour. It hadn't spread anywhere in his body. A couple months after his booster he got checked out again as precaution and his body was absolutely riddled with cancer. Died 6 months later.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My dads best friend had bowel cancer. Had the best surgeon in Cape Town to remove the tumour. It hadn't spread anywhere in his body. A couple months after his booster he got checked out again as precaution and his body was absolutely riddled with cancer. Died 6 months later.
Yes, I am also hearing a lot about people in remission suddenly riddled with cancer. There was a young mum in our town who after being in remission for a long time died suddenly and they found she was riddled with cancer her family said they didnt understand as only very recently had gone for a check-up and was clear.

I know aggressive cancers do happen as lost a nephew, aunt and cousin all very fast with different cancers BUT the difference was this was their first cancer and none had been to the Drs previously. But those who have had cancer are normally checked up on and yes even during the covid lockdown unlike many of those with new cancer symptoms who were let down badly.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes, I am also hearing a lot about people in remission suddenly riddled with cancer. There was a young mum in our town who after being in remission for a long time died suddenly and they found she was riddled with cancer her family said they didnt understand as only very recently had gone for a check-up and was clear.

I know aggressive cancers do happen as lost a nephew, aunt and cousin all very fast with different cancers BUT the difference was this was their first cancer and none had been to the Drs previously. But those who have had cancer are normally checked up on and yes even during the covid lockdown unlike many of those with new cancer symptoms who were let down badly.
Yes I think we're going to hear of a lot more people getting cancer now unfortunately. Like that oncologist I posted a couple pages back, he says he's seeing very treatable cancers become very aggressive.

• Sad
Why the sudden change do they suspect there is something more going on 🤔 if its the same strain they’ll be plenty of immunity this side of the pond

Reactions: 1
Writing here for therapy so apologies.

The pandemic has been very difficult for my family, in that my OH’s decision not to get vaccinated caused a lot of rows. I’m a pretty anxious person, an over thinker and a people pleaser. I have a difficult relationship with my sister at the best of times and her reaction to my OH decision lead to a row between us the details of which I won’t bore you with. I expect our relationship will not recover. We still see eachother but mainly through our mother.

In the last couple of days the Irish health service has announced that the second booster is available to all 18-50.

My husband will not be getting vaccinated. I’m also leaning towards not getting vaccinated. My main reason is mental overwhelm. I am a fairly intelligent person on paper but when it comes to Covid I have mental burn out. I don’t understand any of it, I don’t understand how vaccines work for starters, I don’t understand the headlines I’m reading etc etc…
I’m not in a great places physically or mentally, I have a lot of gynae issues.

I am wondering if anyone else is at a place where they want to cry??! I’m sick of all the polarisation, I’m sick of feeling angry at people judging my husband (I’m not saying it makes me “right” it’s just an emotion), I’m sick of feeling anxious every time my kids sneeze, worrying about people dying, sick of working from home etc etc

• Sad
Writing here for therapy so apologies.

The pandemic has been very difficult for my family, in that my OH’s decision not to get vaccinated caused a lot of rows. I’m a pretty anxious person, an over thinker and a people pleaser. I have a difficult relationship with my sister at the best of times and her reaction to my OH decision lead to a row between us the details of which I won’t bore you with. I expect our relationship will not recover. We still see eachother but mainly through our mother.

In the last couple of days the Irish health service has announced that the second booster is available to all 18-50.

My husband will not be getting vaccinated. I’m also leaning towards not getting vaccinated. My main reason is mental overwhelm. I am a fairly intelligent person on paper but when it comes to Covid I have mental burn out. I don’t understand any of it, I don’t understand how vaccines work for starters, I don’t understand the headlines I’m reading etc etc…
I’m not in a great places physically or mentally, I have a lot of gynae issues.

I am wondering if anyone else is at a place where they want to cry??! I’m sick of all the polarisation, I’m sick of feeling angry at people judging my husband (I’m not saying it makes me “right” it’s just an emotion), I’m sick of feeling anxious every time my kids sneeze, worrying about people dying, sick of working from home etc etc
I think you have to make the decision that’s right for you and your family ,they’ll always be people that disagree with your decisions regardless. I think the China furore is incase there’s more pressure on an already stretched health service not that we’re going to get suddenly sick and die of covid, China is suffering because of their lack of exposure to the virus something we don’t need to worry about , unless you’ve got significant health issues covid is a mild enough illness for the majority of people.

Reactions: 4
I think you have to make the decision that’s right for you and your family ,they’ll always be people that disagree with your decisions regardless. I think the China furore is incase there’s more pressure on an already stretched health service not that we’re going to get suddenly sick and die of covid, China is suffering because of their lack of exposure to the virus something we don’t need to worry about , unless you’ve got significant health issues covid is a mild enough illness for the majority of people.
Thanks for your reply. I’m not personally worried about Covid. I expect because of my relative youth that I’d be ok. I do get anxious around transmitting it.

I don’t think I have a thought process at the moment that makes sense. My mum mentioned yesterday that I can get the booster locally yesterday. With all the rows in my family about vaccinations I really wish that we could just stop talking about it. My mum has had Covid and was ok, says that Covid destroyed her mental health (she spent the first lockdown alone), gives out about people taking Covid risks while taking risks herself, and is obsessed with vaccinations. I’m not trying to witch about her as such, she’s struggling too, but given all the rows I really want us to leave it.

I hated how much everyone talked about vaccinations the last time. I would sit with friends talking about unvaccinated family members being excluded from events with my dirty little secret unvaccinated husband at home. It caused rows between me & him as tbh I wanted him to get vaccinated to make my life easier. It caused rows with my family, & upset & worried his.

I fear that atmosphere kicking off again.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Thanks for your reply. I’m not personally worried about Covid. I expect because of my relative youth that I’d be ok. I do get anxious around transmitting it.

I don’t think I have a thought process at the moment that makes sense. My mum mentioned yesterday that I can get the booster locally yesterday. With all the rows in my family about vaccinations I really wish that we could just stop talking about it. My mum has had Covid and was ok, says that Covid destroyed her mental health (she spent the first lockdown alone), gives out about people taking Covid risks while taking risks herself, and is obsessed with vaccinations. I’m not trying to witch about her as such, she’s struggling too, but given all the rows I really want us to leave it.

I hated how much everyone talked about vaccinations the last time. I would sit with friends talking about unvaccinated family members being excluded from events with my dirty little secret unvaccinated husband at home. It caused rows between me & him as tbh I wanted him to get vaccinated to make my life easier. It caused rows with my family, & upset & worried his.

I fear that atmosphere kicking off again.
Sorry you are going through this.
The whole shitshow of lockdowns, restrictions, vaccinations and the never ending fallout has affected peoples health (physical and mental), relationships, careers,hopes and fears so much more than the actual virus ever did. Even the strongest and sanest couldn't help becoming obsessed in one way or another. So many things will never be the same. And it's also still used as an excuse for so many things. None of us need this tit to still be an issue, our brains are still trying to recover from the last 3 years.

I can't offer you any advice except try and avoid all coverage and discussion, try and think rationally and hope you have a very positive and peaceful new year.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry you are going through this.
The whole shitshow of lockdowns, restrictions, vaccinations and the never ending fallout has affected peoples health (physical and mental), relationships, careers,hopes and fears so much more than the actual virus ever did. Even the strongest and sanest couldn't help becoming obsessed in one way or another. So many things will never be the same. And it's also still used as an excuse for so many things. None of us need this tit to still be an issue, our brains are still trying to recover from the last 3 years.

I can't offer you any advice except try and avoid all coverage and discussion, try and think rationally and hope you have a very positive and peaceful new year.
Thank you for your very empathetic message. I know I’m not alone but when I hear “China”, “Covid”, “Vaccine” my brain feels like it’s melting.

Good advice. I have found I’ve really struggled not to personalise things, control my anger, and respond to people.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So someone posted a Dr John complication: His key quotes:

How it started:

"Anti science gobbledegook".
"Anti vax brigade"
You have to be "led by the science."
"I do not discuss conspiracy theories and I'm not going to give them any air time."
"AZ is safe".
"Amazing levels of ignorance- people don't know the vax is there to prevent disease. Dear me"
"People don't understand why the Bill + Melinda gates is giving the BBC donations. (£1.5 million)."

To:

"This is evidence for systemic absorption of mrna vaccine in human breastfeeding women. Consistent with data in rats which means MRNA can get around the body" :oops:.

"How appalling a court case is needed to release data" .

He did have a real look of shock on his face when he said the first one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think Dr J’s health is in decline he’s looking pretty frail these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.