COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When covid first started I did SD and shield as I am classed as CEV .. but that only lasted a month maybe a little more. Since then I have been around the kids most days with their lurgys, my friends and my daughter who had covid. Now I'm not saying I've not been ill in that time, I have a few times. if it was covid it was not bad enough to make me see anyone or even worry about it.
TBH knowing what we know now the last person you'd want to give this to is a vulnerable person as they usually already have a weak immune system so surely this vaccine would make their immune system even weaker? My mums partners sister already had cancer then was given the covid vaccine and ended up with blood clots and had a stroke. She died not long after.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
My mum has recently been offered both her covid booster and flu vaccine and was able to book an appointment to have both at the same time.

I think that’s good, as the flu vaccine was always offered at this time of year anyway, so doing both at the same time won’t add much extra time. I know some people were concerned about the time it would take to roll out extra vaccines but this at least partly addresses that.

Its like those gov scientists have come over here. Boring AF 😂 ✋posts the length of a novel that would take a fortnight to read. Time to ignore now 🔴

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Its like those gov scientists have come over here. Boring AF 😂 ✋posts the length of a novel that would take a fortnight to read. Time to ignore now 🔴
Yea i don’t get a lot of it, seems a bit strange to go to that level of detail on a gossip forum I mean it’s a fair assumption that anyone who hasn’t got it by now isnt gonna be convinced - just like anyone who has said they have had it and willing to have more aren’t gonna be convinced 😂

Reactions: 7
This thread has certainly rolled back a year or so these last two days. It's like groundhog day. Anyone still pushing "the vaccine works as it should" mantra has been living under a rock.

Kudos to those still carrying on. but IMO Anyone who still believes the vaccines worked as they were intended isn't really worth the back and forth with,

Another distraction.
Clear as day

They are studies with concrete data and results. 😭 Not plucked out of thin air.
So you disagree with this then ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
This thread has certainly rolled back a year or so these last two days. It's like groundhog day. Anyone still pushing "the vaccine works as it should" mantra has been living under a rock.

Kudos to those still carrying on. but IMO Anyone who still believes the vaccines worked as they were intended isn't really worth the back and forth with,

Another distraction.
Just because people believe the vaccines work doesn’t mean they have been living under a rock or it is all part of another distraction! 😂 Could we apply this same logic to people who do not believe they work.

Reactions: 1
Yea i don’t get a lot of it, seems a bit strange to go to that level of detail on a gossip forum I mean it’s a fair assumption that anyone who hasn’t got it by now isnt gonna be convinced - just like anyone who has said they have had it and willing to have more aren’t gonna be convinced 😂
To be fair, a lot of people who doubt the efficacy of the vaccines ask for evidence from people who share the opposing viewpoint. So we can't really blame those people for then posting that evidence.

I agree with you, though, that no one is likely to change their minds now, so it begs the question - should we just ask the mods to close this thread? After all, if no one is going to change their minds (and I agree that's likely), plus the last few posts imply that it's better to just ignore people who you disagree with - then what's there to discuss?

I'm being slightly facetious as I do think there's value in discussion, but it certainly feels like some people would prefer to only converse with those they agree with. But what's the point? It'd just be post after post of "yes, I agree". :D

Yes defending and arguing for a vaccine that quite clearly doesn't work and has caused untold misery and damage to the world is quite frankly repulsive. If you want to put that stuff in your body still then no one is stopping you but don't come on this thread and start attacking the people who quite rightly don't want this injection. That's all I'm willing to say on the matter.
No one is attacking anyone. 😂 Can people not have a discussion? Just because different perespectives to yours exist it means that it is an attack. Ironic that people on here say they don’t care if people take the vaccine yet what they say in their comment says otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♀️

"She began testing Cutter’s samples in August 1954 and continued through November, according to a later report in the Congressional Record. She found that three of the six samples paralyzed test monkeys.
“What do you think is wrong with these monkeys?” she asked a colleague, Offit recounted.
“They were given polio,” the colleague replied.
“No,” Eddy said. “They were given the … vaccine.”
Eddy’s discovery suggested that Cutter’s manufacturing process was flawed. Its vaccine should have contained only killed virus.
She reported her findings to William Workman, head of the NIH Laboratory of Biologics Control.
But amid the scientific and bureaucratic chaos, Workman never told the licensing committee, Offit wrote.
Starting on the evening of April 12, 1955, batches of the Salk vaccine made by five drug firms were shipped out in boxes marked “POLIO VACCINE: RUSH.” ""
Another safe and effective rushed vaccine tale.
Serious stuff, it's lucky it was limited to just one manufacturer even if that is of no comfort for those affected.

The government ordered the Cutter vaccine withdrawn on April 27. But damage had been done.

" By April 30, within forty-eight hours of the recall,” Offit wrote. “Cutter’s vaccine had paralyzed or killed twenty-five children: fourteen in California, seven in Idaho, two in Washington, one in Illinois, and one in Colorado.”

On May 6, all polio vaccinations were postponed. They were resumed on May 15 after the government had rechecked the vaccines for safety.

Scary, though one would reasonably expect that certification processes have improved since then.

Last edited:
No one is attacking anyone. 😂 Can people not have a discussion? Just because different perespectives to yours exist it means that it is an attack. Ironic that people on here say they don’t care if people take the vaccine yet what they say in their comment says otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly, I don't attack anyone. I disagree a lot, but it's nothing personal. How can it be? I don't even know anyone here.

So you disagree with this then ?
I didn’t say I did…we already know that the virus has mutated to evade vaccines and previous infection.

To be fair, a lot of people who doubt the efficacy of the vaccines ask for evidence from people who share the opposing viewpoint. So we can't really blame those people for then posting that evidence.

I agree with you, though, that no one is likely to change their minds now, so it begs the question - should we just ask the mods to close this thread? After all, if no one is going to change their minds (and I agree that's likely), plus the last few posts imply that it's better to just ignore people who you disagree with - then what's there to discuss?

I'm being slightly facetious as I do think there's value in discussion, but it certainly feels like some people would prefer to only converse with those they agree with. But what's the point? It'd just be post after post of "yes, I agree". :D
Some people still like reading and sharing articles as more is learned ,they’re still rolling out new vaccines it’s natural people want to read about the effects on the disease and population, why would we want the thread closed? It moves along ok even if there’s no contribution from the opposition .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I didn’t say I did…we already know that the virus has mutated to evade vaccines and previous infection. I am a little confused why you would quote this study since you think they is no concrete data.
So you accept that updated article on covid vaccine transmission to be true as you seem to quote a lot about how the vaccines still reduce transmission…I await your concrete data to the latter.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It is a gossip forum but this thread is about vaccines and general vaccine talk - a topic which falls under science and medicine so it is expected people will go into detail. The same applies to threads on here which are about politics - there will be in depth discussions.

So you accept that updated article on covid vaccine transmission to be true as you seem to quote a lot about how the vaccines still reduce transmission…I await your concrete data to the latter.
Erm I have always maintained that since the virus has mutated it can evade vaccines and previous infection. Funny how YOU quote/believe this article when YOU are the one that says there is no concrete data on the vaccines and it is guess work. FYI I have not quoted studies about vaccines and transmission for a while. 🥲

Exactly, I don't attack anyone. I disagree a lot, but it's nothing personal. How can it be? I don't even know anyone here.
Offering a different perspective is not an attack. It is just a difference of opinion on a topic. It would be boring if everyone held the same view.

Last edited:
It is a gossip forum but this thread is about vaccines and general vaccine talk - a topic which falls under science and medicine so it is expected people will go into detail. The same applies to threads on here which are about politics - there will be in depth discussions.

Erm I have always maintained that since the virus has mutated it can evade vaccines and previous infection. Funny how YOU quote/believe this article when YOU are the one that says there is no concrete data on the vaccines and it is guess work.
Then why the clapping etc on the person’s post that stated they reduce transmission 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Some people still like reading and sharing articles as more is learned ,they’re still rolling out new vaccines it’s natural people want to read about the effects on the disease and population, why would we want the thread closed? It moves along ok even if there’s no contribution from the opposition .
To be fair, my post wasn't aimed at you. While we disagree a lot, you at least read posts and reply to them without getting nasty.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.