COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suicide appears to be quite a common cause of death in younger adults, especially men . When people my age hear of one of our peers dying, we wonder if it is suicide.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
same 😂 I thought you got shingles at 70 with a side order of hot horlicks 😂
Or try having angina at 32 like I did! Sorry I know it's not a competition 😜! It just makes me laugh having had heart surgery at a young age and being in the company of pensioners, on the cardio thoracic ward! Some things you just don't expect to get, when you are young?
Its not fair is it?
It does give you perspective though, about life in general?
So here's hoping that if I live to a pensionable age I'm fit as a fiddle, and living it large! (y)
Make it make sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm lost now lol how has the Canadian Prime Minister made his way in to this thread?

I don't see why the government would try to suppress suicide figures? It must be exhausting thinking everything's a lie!

There's never any science behind it, it's just "well, I think they did, so there". Never change. 😂
Well summed up (y)

Reactions: 1
One of my kids had glandular fever at 15 years old, she had a really bad case where she could literally not get out of bed for 2 weeks.

Our doctor told us it could take as long as 2 years for her to fully recover and it did. The sickness and the fatigue was relentless, we were prescribed anti sickness tablets at one point.

So there are definitely other viruses that take quite a lot of time to recover from.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Are you kidding me :oops: you must have unfaltering faith in the Gov if you think they don't manipulate/ embellish data to suit themselves ,just look how they manipulated the school infection figures 😂 even SAGE stated that.
I think it's because there's been so much press about the impact covid has had on mental health that an increase in the suicide rate would be expected. So suppressing that information wouldn't make sense.

I just don't think the majority of people would read about an increase in suicides and then kick off at the government about it. They'd more likely say something like: "it's really sad, but a lot of people struggled with lockdown" while accepting lockdowns (especially the early ones) were unfortunately necessary.

Yep it was a stupid thing to do and he has apologised for that and said it was wrong.

What about your second accusation?

Reactions: 3
Yep it was a stupid thing to do and he has apologised for that and said it was wrong.

What about your second accusation?
So Trudeau apologises for using black face as an adult and you accept that quite happily? Would you accept that apology if it’s was Donald trump or boris Johnson? No I didn’t think so.
Trudeau has had sex with underage girls and paid the families over $2m in hush money.
Stop lusting over this racist p*dophile. It’s embarrassing.

• Sick
I think it's because there's been so much press about the impact covoid has had on mental health that an increase in the suicide rate would be expected. So suppressing that information wouldn't make sense.

I just don't think the majority of people would read about an increase in suicides and then kick off at the government about it. They'd more likely say something like: "it's really sad, but a lot of people struggled with lockdown" while accepting lockdowns (especially the early ones) were unfortunately necessary.
Lack of MH services has always been an issue long before covid do you think people should just shrug their shoulders now the waiting lists will be tenfold 🤷‍♀️ there's going to be many ,many more lives lost because the Gov have added thousands to the already long list by withholding services , people will be angry , and rightly so !

Reactions: 10
So Trudeau apologises for using black face as an adult and you accept that quite happily? Would you accept that apology if it’s was Donald trump or boris Johnson? No I didn’t think so.
Trudeau has has sex with underage girls and paid the families over $2m in hush money.
Stop lusting over this racist p*dophile. It’s embarrassing.
If people express heartfelt apologies about things they did years ago, then as long as those things aren't illegal, then yes I accept those apologies.

Your second point sounds like an unfounded accusation to me. You'd do well to not believe everything you read online.

And finally what's more embarrassing is the way you keep tabs on posters you disagree with just to bring up irrelevant points when you disagree with them. I made a lighthearted comment about Trudeau at least a month ago (I'm sure you'll tell me the exact date) - is it a crime? Who really cares other than you? :) Anyway that's all I'm saying on it. Back to the topic...

• Haha
Czech Republic has scrapped mandatory jabs!

Glad to see this dropped.An email was sent to all students in the med group last week in which it was said you could not progress to the year above if you were not vaxed, but they were waiting for official confirmation. Nice example of coercion .

Starbucks is also no longer requiring its US workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, reversing a policy it announced earlier this month.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Maybe we need a fig roll break button on here 😂 I'm sure most of us know nothing of Trudaddies past exploits and wouldn't justify any of them .

Reactions: 2
3 more posts until a new thread…I’ll dedicate this to the Emerald Isle and hope we’ll see the back of restrictions for good it’s been a long 2 yrs 😂

Reactions: 4
My husband works for the emergency services and has been out to many more attempted and successful suicides in the last 2 years than ever. They are trained of course, but the impact of watching someone who you've tried to build a bond with to get them to climb back over a barrier for example and then watching them fall to their death - things like that have a knock on affect on those that witness it, and not all recover. So the impact is much more far-reaching than just the number of successful suicides.
Just wanted to send love and thanks to your husband and his colleagues. I hope that they are able to access good support to help them "manage" the challenges to their own mental health and wellbeing (if manage is the right word). I imagine as a partner, you also offer lots of emotional support, so hope you have people to support you as well ❤

I don't see what there is to gain by downplaying long covid. It clearly exists.

I get that if a person doesn't know anyone with long covid then they're unlikely to be too concerned about it, but I don't understand why those people would want to act like it's not a thing?
I think it might have something to do with the name as well, not that I'm saying that makes it okay! But as has been said on this thread and others before, there are many illnesses that can leave long-lasting side effects, but have perhaps been brushed aside. I assume that the large numbers who may be affected after Covid will impact the attention it is now given, but it can give the impression that Covid and associated conditions are a higher priority than anything else.

Also, it may seem unfair that those who suffer side effects after a vaccination feel dismissed, when in my mind, they should be considered in the same way. I wish I could word this slightly better, my insomniac brain isn't helping me, but I hope this makes some sense. Though must caveat, this is me musing/pondering, rather than setting out any facts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Meanwhile MPs in Austria have voted 137 to 33 for over 18s to be compulsory vaccinated. 😯
My son had his second one today ,sore arm so far but he's going away tomorrow and my nerves are wrecked incase he has a reaction when he's away ,thank duck those vacc passports are being scrapped it's a pity it wasn't a week sooner cause he wouldn't have had it .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.