Courtney Black #4 Yet again telling a fib, we all know you’re a sticky rib

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey! Long time lurker - but this is my first post. I’m a qualified PT and I can’t tell you how galling it is to see somebody make so much success out of a “one size fits all” product. The whole idea of a personal trainer is to tailor programmes to individuals needs... CB expects her warriors to all be on the same level and it’s just so wrong. No wonder these poor girls in her group get disheartened when they don’t see results, usually, that’s where I’d step in to adapt a programme and make it more suitable. But CB just comes out with all of this aggressive “YOU HAVE TO WANT IT” rhetoric, it’s horrible - and so damaging. When we were tossed back into lockdown and I had more time on my hands, admittedly, I done one of her workouts - and it was ridiculously hard to keep up with! I even found myself questioning my own abilities for a little while - but then remembered who I am. A trainer who understands that not everyone can do 100mph workouts with minimal breaks in between. And for her to question people on their form 😂😂😂😂😂 girl.

Now the gyms are back, I’m hoping that people come to their senses and remember that us PTs are here to help them navigate a fitness journey the right way..

Apologies for that little rant- but it’s something that really frustrates me. Those poor girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Hey! Long time lurker - but this is my first post. I’m a qualified PT and I can’t tell you how galling it is to see somebody make so much success out of a “one size fits all” product. The whole idea of a personal trainer is to tailor programmes to individuals needs... CB expects her warriors to all be on the same level and it’s just so wrong. No wonder these poor girls in her group get disheartened when they don’t see results, usually, that’s where I’d step in to adapt a programme and make it more suitable. But CB just comes out with all of this aggressive “YOU HAVE TO WANT IT” rhetoric, it’s horrible - and so damaging. When we were tossed back into lockdown and I had more time on my hands, admittedly, I done one of her workouts - and it was ridiculously hard to keep up with! I even found myself questioning my own abilities for a little while - but then remembered who I am. A trainer who understands that not everyone can do 100mph workouts with minimal breaks in between. And for her to question people on their form 😂😂😂😂😂 girl.

Now the gyms are back, I’m hoping that people come to their senses and remember that us PTs are here to help them navigate a fitness journey the right way..

Apologies for that little rant- but it’s something that really frustrates me. Those poor girls.
Thank god a qualified PT has finally come on thank you 🙏 now just need the rest of the country to wake up

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

PREACH

She tells people what they want to hear and does workouts that pull good numbers on fitness trackers, make you sweat and make you feel like you've gone for it... not ones with actual results. There's no periodisation, no progression, no muscle isolation. Just GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGO.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Don't know much about her but just came across one of her videos on instagram and she's so aggressive - seems so weird. Sick of seeing people doing her challenges too, it just doesn't seem sustainable for a lot of people

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Don't know much about her but just came across one of her videos on instagram and she's so aggressive - seems so weird. Sick of seeing people doing her challenges too, it just doesn't seem sustainable for a lot of people
The challenges are really hard and you definitely need to have a level of fitness before starting one. The moves are complicated and she goes very very fast. I dropped out of 2 before completing one.

I joined the body by ciara app this week and I have to say I do think that these classes are on a par with difficulty (or even harder? But ive also been doing my regular CB workouts so it has felt like a lot!)

That said I think ill stick with cb.. I prefer how the workouts are planned out rather than trying to decide what to do every day. Also on the new app on the community people are doing 2 hours plus of workouts which seems crazy to me? Fair enough of that's what you like doing but I do an hour and a 5k walk most days that takes up enough time with having a family work study etc

I think there will always be people that will do a certain amount of exercise a day no matter what. There's no encouragement to do a certain amount it's just whatever you feel like doing, no one making you feel bad if you werent able to do a workout one of or all of the days. There's a lot of comments on that community feed 🤣 but it's nice to know that people are supported and positive rather than immediately shut down if they have a difference of opinion. I like having options of whose class to do, I used to do ballet so trying to add the barre class in when I can. The quality in HD on the app is also fab. Not sure I could do back to CB, the voice alone is reason enough not to
The challenges are really hard and you definitely need to have a level of fitness before starting one. The moves are complicated and she goes very very fast. I dropped out of 2 before completing one.

I joined the body by ciara app this week and I have to say I do think that these classes are on a par with difficulty (or even harder? But ive also been doing my regular CB workouts so it has felt like a lot!)

That said I think ill stick with cb.. I prefer how the workouts are planned out rather than trying to decide what to do every day. Also on the new app on the community people are doing 2 hours plus of workouts which seems crazy to me? Fair enough of that's what you like doing but I do an hour and a 5k walk most days that takes up enough time with having a family work study etc

Reactions: 6
I think there will always be people that will do a certain amount of exercise a day no matter what. There's no encouragement to do a certain amount it's just whatever you feel like doing, no one making you feel bad if you werent able to do a workout one of or all of the days. There's a lot of comments on that community feed 🤣 but it's nice to know that people are supported and positive rather than immediately shut down if they have a difference of opinion. I like having options of whose class to do, I used to do ballet so trying to add the barre class in when I can. The quality in HD on the app is also fab. Not sure I could do back to CB, the voice alone is reason enough not to
Haha yeah to be fair since she did the workout with no sound i have her muted and play my own music 🤣 I totally get it but I need someone telling me what to do every day... oh no I am a sheep 🙈

Have you tried the peloton barre class? It’s so good but makes me realise how unfit I am since giving ballet up 🙈

Reactions: 2
Have you tried the peloton barre class? It’s so good but makes me realise how unfit I am since giving ballet up 🙈
No haven't tried that, there's a class at my gym I used to do religiously before lockdown- def any barre class makes you feel unfit after years away from ballet!

I think they’re hard too, thought I was the only one hahaha! But I love them. I also agree I find it hard to know which ones to do but more often than not I just do Ciaras ones

Reactions: 1
Please don’t tell me that Courtney, as the only admin of that group, allowed that to be posted? Does she still monitor and approve each post? Shocking if so.
Seems like she's still the only admin 😕

Reactions: 3
Sucking on ice cubes ahahahahahahah what the duck. Stop the planet. Let me off.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.