Could you marry someone poor/minimum wage?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The main thing is if someone is generous. I’d rather marry a generous ‘poor’ guy than a tight ‘rich’ fucker. But also I have to say people who judge others on ‘stuff’ and are flashy with labels etc just scream New Money. And that’s the worst type of person to me.

Reactions: 14
OP please look at this picture. It could humble you a little

View attachment 1974448
I just have to pipe up and say as someone in a wheelchair, you can get motorised bike attachments 😎

but it is also very true - people whose entire identity and self worth is focused on money / stuff that isn’t guaranteed and not focusing on who they are as a person outside of that are usually the people who say they’d rather die than be like me and can’t imagine how I’d ever feel happiness 🤷‍♀️ more fool them if their life is so meaningless that they wouldn’t be able to imagine living differently!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve reflected on this thread and it’s basically just the OP wanting people to let her know she’s got lots of nice things and she’s glad not to be poor, isn’t it?
But unable, perhaps, to talk to her friends about it without seeming braggy.

Reactions: 19
To be honest this thread has been the best bonding experience ever, I’ve never seen so many people agree about anything!
and we have managed to bring the childfree and the toddler/boddler/baby people together, united as one after a long and drawn out war

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I’ve reflected on this thread and it’s basically just the OP wanting people to let her know she’s got lots of nice things and she’s glad not to be poor, isn’t it?
But unable, perhaps, to talk to her friends about it without seeming braggy.
What friends is she actually going to have? Perhaps tattle is the only human interaction she can get, wealthy people won't be interested, she will be seen as cheap an tacky, an non wealthy think she's too far up her own hole 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m so confused, first the OP’s husband was the main earner, then they said their household income is £80K but they earn £50K, so he isn’t the main earner… have I read this wrong? Is the OP’s original post about her husband then? 🤯

Reactions: 9
Op Failed to mention her 50k part time wage is prorata. So she infact doesn't earn 50k. She wishes she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m so confused, first the OP’s husband was the main earner, then they said their household income is £80K but they earn £50K, so he isn’t the main earner… have I read this wrong? Is the OP’s original post about her husband then? 🤯
I think she was being sarcastic saying that she was actually poor and only had 80k since people kept calling her a fantasist, obviously no one got the joke because 80k isn't actually poor.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.