Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #99

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JVT is so pragmatic and speaks in a way which is so much more understandable and relatable for the public I feel.

Reactions: 3
I think we're fecked listening to that ,I can't see much change by September just by looking at other countries .

The irony of receiving this on 'freedom day' is not lost on me.

Still....felt inevitable and my kids are delighted that they can now fester in their bedrooms as I can't make them come out with me for days out and fresh air 😂
Ignore it

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So people won't be able to enter any public indoor space without being vaccinated ...the three C's

Masks still very much in evidence but it now feels quite different, when making a choice to do so but today was odd anyway because it was hot enough outside that you weren't fussed about wearing one inside.
In some places it will stay fixed for a while, but in others it will just fizzle out once our single use masks fall apart.

Today's expedition into the now unregulated wilds of wimbledon included sainsburys where I didn't see a sign though maybe I was looking in the wrong place but I could see through the window almost everybody was wearing a mask, so I figured for the moment at least it's no big deal. Plus it was roasting outside and I was looking forward to my a leisurely stroll through a nicely air conditioned space that's filled with food.

On the other hand the bank had a sign saying 'please wear a mask' which still rises a smirk (but a hidden one) , as it's their house so their rules and so I stick one on. A small price to pay for ten minutes of being extra slow using the machine while basking in a peacefully quiet air-conditioned space that smells of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
That was a good, positive but blunt briefing I feel. They basically said ‘sure we can reintroduce restrictions but we will only be delaying deaths by doing so’

basically if you have had the vaccine and you get covid tomorrow and die, that probably would have happened at some point because covid isn’t going anywhere, it’s endemic. So if we lockdown today and open up in a month, you will just die in a month instead.

Both the scientists said they expect and are prepared for over 1k a day going into hospital and over 100 deaths a day in this peak. They are expecting cases will rise a lot. This is just how it is going to have to be now 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The irony of receiving this on 'freedom day' is not lost on me.

Still....felt inevitable and my kids are delighted that they can now fester in their bedrooms as I can't make them come out with me for days out and fresh air 😂
Not a legal requirement

Masks still very much in evidence but it now feels quite different, when making a choice to do so but today was odd anyway because it was hot enough outside that you weren't fussed about wearing one inside.

Today's expedition into the now unregulated wilds of wimbledon included sainsburys where I didn't see a sign though maybe I was looking in the wrong place but I could see through the window almost everybody was wearing a mask, so I figured for the moment at least it's no big deal. Plus it was roasting outside and I was looking forward to my a leisurely stroll through a nicely air conditioned space that's filled with food.

On the other hand the bank had a sign saying 'please wear a mask' which still rises a smirk (but a hidden one) , as it's their house so their rules and so I stick one on. A small price to pay for ten minutes of being extra slow using the machine while basking in a peacefully quiet air-conditioned space that smells of money.
In a bank pre covid. Do not wear anything on your face, head etc
In a bank post covid. Wear a mask while you conduct a robbery.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If the unvaccinated are anything like the people protesting in London I wouldn’t want to be in a busy environment with them anyway regardless of your vaccine status 😂

So despite saying covid passports wouldn’t happen they are introducing them in September. Welcome to a two tier society!

*im not anti vaccine, myself and everyone close to me is fully vaccinated so this won’t majorly affect my life, but it doesn’t mean I can’t still be outraged at the prospect of people being bullied into receiving a vaccine that lets face it is sketchy to say the least!

Reactions: 12
Just seen that ALW has had to cancel his theatre show due to one member who had cameo role testing positive. The rest of the cast have had negative pcrs but close contacts still need to isolate. Heartbreaking for all involved

Reactions: 4
So despite saying covid passports wouldn’t happen they are introducing them in September. Welcome to a two tier society!
Tbf this has been teased to some extent when they introduced the new travel rules

Once you start drawing distinctions between the two groups, no matter how reasonable, you're leading into the territory of vaccine passports 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1

*im not anti vaccine, myself and everyone close to me is fully vaccinated so this won’t majorly affect my life, but it doesn’t mean I can’t still be outraged at the prospect of people being bullied into receiving a vaccine that lets face it is sketchy to say the least!
This is exactly how I feel. I am pro vaccine. I think it is awful to create a two tier society.
Maybe this is just a threat to ensure that many more take up their vaccine.

Reactions: 4
So will the must prove you are double vaxxed change down the line to 'double vaxxed and booster'

They really haven't thought this through have they....

Why would people bother taking up the vaccine when they said it won't save lives anyway 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.