Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #98

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So do we still need to wear a mask to go do a food shop or browse round primark? Guidance is as clear as mud

Reactions: 2
The link has been broke but we are still being told by a medical expert to work from home.....

Bojo is going to confuse people in his 5 pm press conference. He will be telling us we can do one thing, but wanting us to continue as we have been. That way when he brings back lockdown he can blame us.

7 days since my positive lft and 6 since my positive pcr and I feel like death. I haven't been dressed since last Monday and I'm sleeping for hours on end. Not eating as everything tastes like cardboard and when I'm awake I'm in pain in my legs and back.
Was really hoping been double jabbed would mean I wouldn't suffer so much but this week has been rough.
On the plus side though it's coming home! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Oh I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly....hope you're on the mend soon....my son is really struggling with his tastebuds....he can taste nothing and his sense of smell is really distorted......all he can smell is cigarette smoke....and none of us smoke 😰 I feel so sorry for him......luckily myself and his dad are still testing negative so i can look after him xx

• Sad
Reactions: 1
So do we still need to wear a mask to go do a food shop or browse round primark? Guidance is as clear as mud
As I understand it, this will change from 'required' to 'recommended', so unless there is a sign saying customers should wear masks/coverings then it is at the customer's discretion.

If there is a sign then I will generally go with 'their shop, their rules' though I doubt these will continue to be displayed much beyond mid August, well after almost everyone has stopped bothering.

Reactions: 3
As I understand it, this will change from 'required' to 'recommended', so unless there is a sign saying customers should wear masks/coverings then it is at the customer's discretion.

If there is a sign then I will generally go with 'their shop, their rules' though I doubt these will continue to be displayed much beyond mid August, well after almost everyone has stopped bothering.
I agree, look at America. If you are non vaccinated you are meant to wear a mask, social distance etc. None of this is enforced and from the theme parks etc everyone is mask free 😂

Away from the discussion of masks and how businesses can operate post-19th July, my friend who is pregnant is not going to experience any freedoms when it comes to her birth - her hospital trust is not planning on lifting any of their restrictions for maternity so her husband can only be there for active labour and 4 hours post-birth and if she has an extended stay he can only visit for 4 hours a day and has to do so within certain visiting hours. To say she's upset to watch large attendance at sports events and nightclubs etc be able to operate soon but should she have an induction will be alone for the majority of it is an understatement. My local trust has removed restrictions for a while now on maternity so it is once again a postcode lottery when it comes to health care and covid restrictions.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Away from the discussion of masks and how businesses can operate post-19th July, my friend who is pregnant is not going to experience any freedoms when it comes to her birth - her hospital trust is not planning on lifting any of their restrictions for maternity so her husband can only be there for active labour and 4 hours post-birth and if she has an extended stay he can only visit for 4 hours a day and has to do so within certain visiting hours. To say she's upset to watch large attendance at sports events and nightclubs etc be able to operate soon but should she have an induction will be alone for the majority of it is an understatement. My local trust has removed restrictions for a while now on maternity so it is once again a postcode lottery when it comes to health care and covid restrictions.
That's how our local hospital has operated pre covid men are not allowed on the wards for the privacy of the other patients,only during visiting hours.

• Sad
So.. in the UK they are allowing thousands of people to go to football games at stadiums but they are not allowing indoor family visits?? Am I understanding that correctly?

So.. in the UK they are allowing thousands of people to go to football games at stadiums but they are not allowing indoor family visits?? Am I understanding that correctly?
In the UK you can go to outside governement trial events like the Euros and Wimbledon where you have to prove you're fully vaccinated or had a test in the past 48 hours before an event so they don't have to social distance.

It's always been like that where I am. I was induced with my eldest (almost 10) and was in early labour in a room on my own and he had to leave at 6pm until they moved me to the Labour ward at 2/3am. After she was born he could only visit something like 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm. He wasn't even allowed a cup of tea when the lady came around 😅

• Wow
Varies depending on your country. England you can meet up to 6 people inside or two households of any size can meet indoors, but isn’t being enforced or followed. This is due to change from next Monday.

In the UK you can go to outside governement trial events like the Euros and Wimbledon where you have to prove you're fully vaccinated or had a test in the past 48 hours before an event so they don't have to social distance.
Supposed to, but no one is actually asking for the proof.

It's always been like that where I am. I was induced with my eldest (almost 10) and was in early labour in a room on my own and he had to leave at 6pm until they moved me to the Labour ward at 2/3am. After she was born he could only visit something like 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm. He wasn't even allowed a cup of tea when the lady came around 😅
Wow, it seems to have regressed back to the early 70s in some places.

Oh I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly....hope you're on the mend soon....my son is really struggling with his tastebuds....he can taste nothing and his sense of smell is really distorted......all he can smell is cigarette smoke....and none of us smoke 😰 I feel so sorry for him......luckily myself and his dad are still testing negative so i can look after him xx
Oh bless him, I hope it comes back soon for him. I had Covid in January and didn't get taste or smell back till May. Like your son I had phantom smells, cigarette smoke was the majority of the time, I had two weeks where I could smell diesel fumes 24/7 and weirdly a week where I could smell chicken satay 24/7 obviously no one else could and thought I was mad🤪Its now fine, the only thing that smells and tastes funny are oranges also juice and fanta, smells musty and just generally tastes off.

• Haha

I believe it is done so mother’s and babies can actually rest and there not be a constant stream of visitors

Reactions: 5
I believe it is done so mother’s and babies can actually rest and there not be a constant stream of visitors
I get that, I'm someone who hates visiting time, but we are talking about the father of the baby, not other visitors.

• Heart
I get that, I'm someone who hates visiting time, but we are talking about the father of the baby, not other visitors.
I couldn't get out of bed within 4 hours as I had a c section and the spinal block was still wearing off. Without my husband there I wouldn't have been able to pick my baby up for almost 12 hours as I was so weak. It took midwives up to 30mins to come if I rang the buzzer for them (not their fault as they were short staffed!) so without him I'd have been left with a baby I couldn't reach to pick up to feed let alone change!

• Heart

I think they brought that policy in about 12 yrs ago ,partners are only allowed in once they move you to the labour ward and have to leave once they move you back to the post natal wards.

It's for privacy for the other women on the ward ,some don't want men there if they're trying to breastfeed etc ,especially young first time mums ,there's also women being examined and so on at least that what the midwives told me as to why they changed the policy my husband was allowed to stay when I had my eldest son but that had changed when my youngest was born.

Last edited:
I understand but if you’re on a ward you could potentially have dads coming and going all day. By having visiting hours this doesn’t happen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.