Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #98

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t fathom why everyone seems to think wearing a grubby non medical rag over your face that for the majority, is worn incorrectly is stopping you picking up bugs as opposed to the fact we’ve spent the majority of the last year locked in our houses not interacting with other humans.

All the whining for restrictions to end and now they are, it’s whining for them to continue. We can’t hide forever. If you’ve had two vaccines and picked up Covid when everyone IS mask wearing, why the duck do you think it would make any difference forcing us to keep doing it? Clearly ain’t working is it love.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I can’t fathom why everyone seems to think wearing a grubby non medical rag over your face that for the majority, is worn incorrectly is stopping you picking up bugs as opposed to the fact we’ve spent the majority of the last year locked in our houses not interacting with other humans.

All the whining for restrictions to end and now they are, it’s whining for them to continue. We can’t hide forever. If you’ve had two vaccines and picked up Covid when everyone IS mask wearing, why the duck do you think it would make any difference forcing us to keep doing it? Clearly ain’t working is it love.
I wish there was a clap emoji reaction for this. I totally agree.

It makes no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

And masks were introduced at a period when it was going wild and then got even wilder..... they do not work lol

Reactions: 10
I wish there was a clap emoji reaction for this. I totally agree.

It makes no sense.
It really, really doesn’t. I also think we’ve developed a ridiculous attitude to where we want to avoid all bugs at whatever cost. It’s not normal to never be sick, it’s human and it’s how we support a functioning immune system. They’ve already said they are more worried about respiratory illness this year and why is that? Because we’ve all spent the past year foisting indoors, eating tit and being inactive for a lot of it. (I say all, clearly not everyone that is a huge generalisation, but certainly a widespread problem).

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I’ve diligently worn mine since the start, and I’ve still managed to catch full blown flu which was so bad it had me wishing it was covid, AND tonsillitis. Plus a cold. Masks can duck right off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Tbh I think people who feel they can’t ditch the masks have been truly believing they are a lead shielding against covid and other illnesses. I’ve found it’s helped me personally and I did work in a major clothing store for 6 solid months last year around many customers and didn’t catch anything (I believe it was down to luck mainly, you guys have great points about the lack of social contact being the reason.)

However I’d never force it on anyone else and after the 19th I think I’ll still wear one on public transport and that’s about it. I have quite a few of them and don’t see the point in binning them, again it’s my personal choice and I wouldn’t want anyone to feel pressured to wear one cause I am.

Reactions: 4
It's been great to see so many people enjoying themselves at Wimbledon, including Sir Patrick Vallance, Chief Scientific Officer. He was neither socially distanced from anyone nor wearing a mask. Nuff said!!!!

On another note. I've been reading this thread about Welsh restrictions. Having just returned from a week in Pembroke (beautiful place, lovely friendly people) we noticed all WCs were open but hardly anyone wore masks when entering them. Cafes wanted guests to remain outside while staff took their orders. But restaurants didn't care if masks were worn or not! But staff wore them. Shops didn't seem bothered about mask wearing either. Hardly saw any tables with QR codes either.

People commented that since Matt Hancock's "embrace" and as we're nearing Freedom Day, why bother.

Hello. Does anyone know what we do now? son has woke up with a runny nose. School documents and website say not to send them in with runny noses unless they have a negative pcr test result. Problem is son will not allow anyone to swab him, he’s 6 and it’s all scary for him which I completely get. So what now? Obviously will ask the school when they open but does anyone know what we do now?

Hello. Does anyone know what we do now? son has woke up with a runny nose. School documents and website say not to send them in with runny noses unless they have a negative pcr test result. Problem is son will not allow anyone to swab him, he’s 6 and it’s all scary for him which I completely get. So what now? Obviously will ask the school when they open but does anyone know what we do now?
Are you able to keep him home for a few days?

My son is the same and won't be swabbed (and truth be told he has never been ill enough for me to feel the need to put him through it) and when we was snotty a few weeks ago I just kept him home for a few days until the cold went. I am lucky enough to be able to though, I know that.

Are you able to keep him home for a few days?

My son is the same and won't be swabbed (and truth be told he has never been ill enough for me to feel the need to put him through it) and when we was snotty a few weeks ago I just kept him home for a few days until the cold went. I am lucky enough to be able to though, I know that.
Yeah I’m working from home currently anyway so he can stay home, just wasn’t sure if that means we have to isolate for 10 days if no test. also just looked and he doesn’t have any of the 3 symptoms of COVID for the pcr test anyway? So not sure what they want us to do anyway?

Reactions: 2
Yeah I’m working from home currently anyway so he can stay home, just wasn’t sure if that means we have to isolate for 10 days if no test. also just looked and he doesn’t have any of the 3 symptoms of COVID for the pcr test anyway? So not sure what they want us to do anyway?
I think because the delta varient has milder symptoms. But no, I kept mine off for a few days then they returned. No outbreaks at school either.

ETA: i dont think there is a right and wrong answer to this. Some parents would test as we have seen from other commentators on this thread. But I am not going to test my kids for a bit of snot when pollen is high.

• Heart
I think because the delta varient has milder symptoms. But no, I kept mine off for a few days then they returned. No outbreaks at school either.

ETA: i dont think there is a right and wrong answer to this. Some parents would test as we have seen from other commentators on this thread. But I am not going to test my kids for a bit of snot when pollen is high.
I would do the same …. But I’ve since found when my daughter had a runny nose she did actually have covid 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 3
A lot of schools are asking for them now for tummy aches, runny noses etc as the symptoms of the delta variant are different to the original one. However, when I spoke to 119 last week they said schools should not be asking for tests unless the child has a temp, continuous cough or loss smell/taste. They said they reissued guidance to schools last week stating this. Hope your little one feels better soon!

Reactions: 2

No longer have to wear a mask but keep wearing a mask. Drop the work from home mandate but still work from home if you can.
At this point is anyone really surprised by this rhetoric?

I think they know they have lost the people and for the most part we are just doing what we want now so are covering all their bases so that we can again be blamed when things are great "ahh the public are so trustworthy" or when they are bad "stupid fools carrying on like normal"

Reactions: 6

No longer have to wear a mask but keep wearing a mask. Drop the work from home mandate but still work from home if you can.
What a joke. How are businesses supposed to deal with that? Open up but “be careful”. What a load of crap! Plus very conveniently slipping in that restrictions will come back - it’s almost like they have to open up in order to build up a big enough excuse to lock us down again. I’m sure by September we’ll all have been very naughty boys and girls and be grounded for a few months. It bothers me that no one else seems to see how meticulous this is being planned?! It’s just lies lies lies all the bleeping time.

Reactions: 10
Got wine drunk last night watching the footie, felt very jealous of all of those fans who got to watch the game as I’ve had a few small events postponed (which I cannot attend anymore for other reasons) but all the same it’s lovely to see people having fun and some sense of normality.

Because of the Euros infections are bound to keep being high and if we know anything from the pandemic is that when infections rise it takes a long time to go back down. All adults got to book a jab from Friday June 18th so if someone wants a vaccine they have had nearly a month to get one. By the time schools go back in September anyone who wants to be fully vaccinated will have had the chance to be.

That to me is when the fun begins because you cannot bring in Autumn restrictions just to protect people who don't want it when everyone who does will be double jabbed.

It really, really doesn’t. I also think we’ve developed a ridiculous attitude to where we want to avoid all bugs at whatever cost. It’s not normal to never be sick, it’s human and it’s how we support a functioning immune system. They’ve already said they are more worried about respiratory illness this year and why is that? Because we’ve all spent the past year foisting indoors, eating tit and being inactive for a lot of it. (I say all, clearly not everyone that is a huge generalisation, but certainly a widespread problem).
I went to London twice last week, saw a show and then a few days later went to the Italy v Spain semi. I've now got a cold (definitely just a cold!) and I'm 100% not surprised that as soon as I mixed with strangers I've caught something after a year in my house.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.