Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #92

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think most people see it that way - implying that they don’t is pretty patronising. And I’ve not seen anyone saying that people’s negative experiences don’t matter, just that really bad negative effects are unusual overall. I was really ill for about a week after my vaccine which matters but isn’t that big a deal compared to the risk of life ruining long covid. I just think it’s important to be calm and balanced rather than hyperbolic. People are anxious and stressed so why add to it?
Like I said we all see it differently, your worries aren’t mine and vice versa .You’ve still to find anything defamatory about the vaccine that I’ve put on here.

Reactions: 1
Like I said we all see it differently, your worries aren’t mine and vice versa .You’ve still to find anything defamatory about the vaccine that I’ve put on here.
I think we need to agree to disagree- we both seem to feel the other person is coming across in a way they don’t intend and that’s ok. No need to clog up the thread with bickering. I don’t have the time or will to go back through all your posts to prove a point and you’re welcome to take that as a win if it‘s what matters to you.

Deaths down by two thirds and even a small decrease for infections. All adds up to what Hancock said yesterday when he said the daily deaths rolling average is down to single digits (9).

Reactions: 10
Just to address a point made earlier which appears to have been left unanswered, that seems to have been based on one of those 'lost in translation' things, the 'still in trial' bit.

Where there is mention of end dates of e.g. early 2023 or even later in relation to the vaccines these are the monitoring periods after a vaccine has completed trials and been approved, and is in use but kept under close watch.

A couple of refs that might help, other sources also availalble:
(this second one actually covers three claims)

HTH, plus or minus apologies if already posted :)

Reactions: 3
Deaths down by two thirds and even a small decrease for infections. All adds up to what Hancock said yesterday when he said the daily deaths rolling average is down to single digits (9).

there has probably been about 50 deaths today of other means , not even a mention, so why these are still being released i dont know, what it does show is that no matter how much they try and scaremonger us again the data proves them wrong, weirdly when the figures were high they kept up the propaganda about these numbers, no mention of them being low, just a prediction by some clowns they listen to when all else is failing to keep us locked up.
you have to bear in mind out of those 7 deaths it was probably 1 or 2 that actually died through covid alone, the others probably had heart attack while suffering no symptoms, they probably just had a positive test.

In reality if 2,412 have tested positive and 1 or 2 people actually died of it and not with it, then your odds of dying are either 1 in 2,412 or 1 in 1,206 , or 1 in 482ish and thats if you are already ill and in hospital or needing hospital treatment , or bad asthma those types of illnesses, who should be cautious anyway , they never really tell the truth about the odds of getting the vindaflu and dying, odds anyone would take to get back to normal im sure.

At Xmas in reality the numbers of people who had no underlining illnesses and under OAP age that died of Covid and not with it were around 500 , so even then out of 130,000 you can sort of see the odds.

There is a book coming out by an author called Laura Dodsworth who looks into the psychology vs risk the government used , she goes into huge depth at showing how the "Behavioral scientists" were the ones giving Johnson the propaganda tools and it was some other scientists giving him the figures of 4,000 deaths a day , so bear in mind these are the same people who are in Boris's ear about the Indian variant and 10,000 cases/deaths a day for July, and this is why you cant trust the government , Johnson was coached into giving this pandemic a similar speech to the nation as if it was a war "stick together" etc....... yet during the war they didnt tell the nation how many soldiers had died everyday.

Yes its killed hundreds of thousands (although real figures arent released) , yes its a real pandemic that is worse than flu (although its proved itself to act like flu) and YES we needed lockdowns , we needed the first one and it should have been earlier, and yes we should have done a lockdown at Xmas for a couple of months, but we are still under lockdown 5/6 months on so we have been locked up for around 12 months , and even though they claim we can do this and do that, we are still only in tier 2 , look back at september when we could drink and eat inside , everywhere was set out into exam like rooms with all the tables and chairs, i thought one bar was doing speed dating :D we also had a 10pm curfew, going forward to now , its exactly the same inside , only this time because it was announced early everyone has been selfish and booked all pubs and restaurants regardless if they can go or not , thus making places full and if you can get a booking its usually 3pm till 5pm , so because of this stupid roadmap we are still under severe restrictions to try and get back to some sort of normality. June 21st needs to be no restrictions , no pubs or restaurants set out like exams , we want music back on , queuing at the bar and dancefloors open (and thats just hospitality) we need stadiums opened , concerts and festivals back on , other wise we we still be on lockdown and everyone is being conned we are free, and if they dont open up without restrictions then you know they have us dangling on string , and we will be locked down for 6 months next winter.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Honestly can’t wait for the day I can go to a bar without pre-booking, being able to stay longer than 2 hours, being able to walk about freely and dance!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
... There is a book coming out by an author called Laura Dodsworth who looks into the psychology vs risk the government used , she goes into huge depth at showing how the "Behavioral scientists" were the ones giving Johnson the propaganda tools ...
FWIW if any of that talks about the 'Nudge Unit' this is a sub-department that have been working away on all sorts of things for various governments for the last several decades at least, probably longer.

e2a : clarification, 'in one form or another', its current form not being the exact one that was around 20 years ago but an evolution of it in a long succession that dates back to the first time any government said 'how do we get the public to do x' and paid someone to come up with an answer.

Last edited:
Honestly can’t wait for the day I can go to a bar without pre-booking, being able to stay longer than 2 hours, being able to walk about freely and dance!

Is this how pubs are meant to be from June 21st? Fully normal? Stay as long as you like, big queues at the bar etc? I highly doubt they will be.

Reactions: 2
Is this how pubs are meant to be from June 21st? Fully normal? Stay as long as you like, big queues at the bar etc? I highly doubt they will be.
I can’t see it myself - they’re only just trialling large events.

I am pages behind... But the government in the UK is actually putting a date on when you can hug people again? Wtf. Too far 😂

Once I get my first vaccine (next week) I won't even really be paying attention to numbers anymore. It will be so nice to not be worrying as much. Our provincial government says when we get to a certain % (60? We are at around 45%) vaccinated, mask mandates will be removed. I think I will still wear one in public if I myself am sick.

Reactions: 3

Just checked my own NHS app and I like the update. We now have a unique QR code within it so airports etc can scan our details to see we have been vaccinated. There is also more detail about your jab such as the reason it was taken.
DM readers are not getting better, aren't they?😂 A lot of comments are insane.

• Haha
I see Germany have put a couple of towerblocks on lockdown over the Indian strain were they allowing travel ? I thought they were under restrictions for a couple of months

Prebooking is driving me mad. It’s so hard to just decide you want drinks or a dinner everything is booked weeks before!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.