Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #92

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boris needs to quit listening to them so much. Of course he should hear what they have to say but he has to have a mind of his own. The public democratically voted for his party to run the country. Nobody voted in the likes of SAGE to run the country, so their opinion shouldn't be the final say.
The problems we've had is because he hasn't listened to them enough. What does Johnson and his party know about virology, epidemiology etc.? What do they know about anything other than how to make money for their mates?

Yes but the final stage of the roadmap is undoubtedly the largest and appears to be the most difficult to achieve. We’re all used to going in and out of some sort of lockdown since March 2020. What is causing most anxiety is the fact that it’s hard to imagine we will ever get beyond what we have now. Does that make sense? I wasn’t worried about getting back to rule of six and indoor dining as we had that last year... what will be the real test is will we ever get back to full freedom? It seems like slightest inkling of a rise in cases and that day gets further and further away. It’s like walking down a tunnel but the longer you’re walking the further away the light seems to be getting....
Well of course no decision has been made and won't be until 14th June. It will also take more than a slight inkling of an increase in cases to cause the final stage to be delayed.

Reactions: 4
Local lockdowns didn’t work before so why would they now! I don’t see how there can be government justification for them again.

Exactly.. and let’s say for example that they say to Bolton ‘you cannot mix indoors’.. well they were not meant to be mixing indoors anyway at the time the variant took hold, so why penalise the people who were actually following the rule in that area, when the people not following the rules are not going to change their approach anyway!

Reactions: 6
The problems we've had is because he hasn't listened to them enough. What does Johnson and his party know about virology, epidemiology etc.? What do they know about anything other than how to make money for their mates?
I think if they’d have supported local authorities and given them the info about spread in their own areas it may have been different but they chose to set their mates up in business

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Exactly this. Take Gavin Williamson for example. You'd be forgiven for thinking he doesn't actually know what a school is!

Reactions: 2
Covid will have pushed along deaths for a lot of people before expected, but it's still good news to see so few people dying these days.

Reactions: 5
127,000 haven't died of covid either.

You can certainly take that down to 126,998 because my BIL died and his death is marked as covid but covid had nothing to do with why he died (crashed his motorbike) And the old lady along the road whose death is called a covid death but who actually fell on her steps and died from a brain injury.
Take my Grandad off too. He went into hospital as everything was failing because he had stopped eating and drinking.... yet as he got covid 2 days before he died... yep its down! Also has dementia on his certificate.... never diagnosed with that so good one.

Not everyone wants to be vaccinated regardless of the government push
Good old Bedford. I will move if they put us into local lockdown 🤣

Thank you, honestly I know it sounds irrational but it’s causing me so much anxiety! I will speak to someone x
Just quick reply, it's not irrational. This decision for many is easy, black and white. For me it's a grey area. Speak to someone, but the only opinion that matters is yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
809EE0DD-38C5-4C12-BC11-1E183B8532E1.png

I can see Dominic Cummings having a tragic accident soon, maybe in a tunnel 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What agenda was I trying to push? My response was to your laughing emoji of people dropping dead at any time, I’ve never put any information on these threads against the vaccines I’ll have you know I’m a fully vaccinated member of the AZ club.
My mistake, maybe you don’t have an agenda and that was a wrong choice of words on my part. I’m unclear as to why some who has had the the AZ vaccine seems keen to dwell on the tiny possibility of a fatal outcome though. We’re all aware of it, people don’t need reminding on a forum.

My laughing emoji was in response to the idea that the AZ vaccine was more of a risk to me than the many other things I do every day that statistically have a much higher risk of killing me. I certainly don’t think the idea of anyone dropping dead for any reason is funny but I‘m pretty sure most people got that.

View attachment 579510

I can see Dominic Cummings having a tragic accident soon, maybe in a tunnel 😬😬😬
Ugh this is just all so grim to me and clearly him throwing his toys out of the pram.

Seems he was fine with all this when he was still working for Boris. I don’t believe he’s suddenly grown morals, so it’s just sour grapes meaning I can’t take him all that seriously 🙄

Sad really, given the lengths that were gone to to protect him last year.

Reactions: 11
My mistake, maybe you don’t have an agenda and that was a wrong choice of words on my part. I’m unclear as to why some who has had the the AZ vaccine seems keen to dwell on the tiny possibility of a fatal outcome though. We’re all aware of it, people don’t need reminding on a forum.

My laughing emoji was in response to the idea that the AZ vaccine was more of a risk to me than the many other things I do every day that statistically have a much higher risk of killing me. I certainly don’t think the idea of anyone dropping dead for any reason is funny but I‘m pretty sure most people got that.
I wasn’t dwelling ,it came across like those that don’t have a pos experience don’t matter! If we’re being expected to have X amount of vaccines I for one think it’s important to know what I’m signing up for and feel it’s important side effects are reported... I appreciate others mightn’t see it that way.

The ability to access vaccines is not same all over uk.
Think Scotland is behind
Wales and ni ahead.
I live Bristol and am 40 and when I tried to book said Worcester malvern or Bournemouth when I booked 3 weeks ago.
Nothing in bristol or Bath 2 big cities.
I have mine tommorow other side city centre so 2 buses if I dirent have a car.
My gaps spent so long working way through groups 1-9 only got a text from them last week.
So quite possible some in Bolton been unable get vaccines sooner.
Now they appear be throwing vaccines at Bolton and Sefton in Liverpool to anyone over 18 but takes 3 weeks vaccines take effect so even if they done this week won't stop them getting covid in area high prevalence.
Masks should continued schools and holidays delayed.
What's the genome testing like in Portugal as everyone is flocking there..

Reactions: 3
I wasn’t dwelling ,it came across like those that don’t have a pos experience don’t matter! If we’re being expected to have X amount of vaccines I for one think it’s important to know what I’m signing up for and feel it’s important side effects are reported... I appreciate others mightn’t see it that way.
I think most people see it that way - implying that they don’t is pretty patronising. And I’ve not seen anyone saying that people’s negative experiences don’t matter, just that really bad negative effects are unusual overall. I was really ill for about a week after my vaccine which matters but isn’t that big a deal compared to the risk of life ruining long covid. I just think it’s important to be calm and balanced rather than hyperbolic. People are anxious and stressed so why add to it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.