Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #89

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thinking that all the wonderfully happy get togethers between family and friends happening up and down the country in the gorgeous weather, will soon come to an abrupt halt over the weekend as it's forecast to snow. 😱

British weather - enjoy it while you can. It'll be back soon, by which time I hope more bins are provided, loos are open and we can all travel further.

Reactions: 8
We've had the best news!

My Dad was rushed to hospital last April with Covid, he was initially on a ventilator for a month, then had to go back on for another week when he had another dip. We nearly lost him 3 times, Mum got called to go and say her goodbyes one night as he was so weak they didn't think he'd last the night. He had a tracheostomy and has been PEG fed since July as his vocal cords were so damaged from the ventilator. Since August he's been recovering in a care home.

Last week they finally removed the tracheostomy and next week HE'S COMING HOME 🥳🥳

It will be exactly a year to the day the ambulance took him to hospital

• Heart
Reactions: 94
We've had the best news!

My Dad was rushed to hospital last April with Covid, he was initially on a ventilator for a month, then had to go back on for another week when he had another dip. We nearly lost him 3 times, Mum got called to go and say her goodbyes one night as he was so weak they didn't think he'd last the night. He had a tracheostomy and has been PEG fed since July as his vocal cords were so damaged from the ventilator. Since August he's been recovering in a care home.

Last week they finally removed the tracheostomy and next week HE'S COMING HOME 🥳🥳

This is amazing news! So happy for your family💗

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone been provided with lateral flow tests for school kids to use during the Easter holidays?

Our school told us they weren't testing during the holidays but now they are

Reactions: 2
We've had the best news!

Ah that's such amazing news for you all! May he continue to go from strength to strength xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We've had the best news!

Oh how amazing 😭🤩 so happy for you! What a fighter your Dad is!!

• Heart
We've had the best news!

Oh that’s so lovely to hear. You must all be elated. What a wonderful story of hope. Sending best wishes to you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We've had the best news!

What a lovely bit of news and what a journey he's been on (and your family!) - This is really wonderful - congrats to you all 👏🏻

• Heart
Ahh thank you all! It's nice being able to share, I'm too paranoid to tell many people in real life as can't believe it's finally happening.

He's a complete inspiration, he had had everything thrown at him and handled it all with a huge smile on his face 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 19

The amazing work that a vaccine does. She's got multiple underlying health issues but thanks to the vaccine her weakened immune system could still fight it off enough that she didn't need the hospital.

I love stories like this as hopefully a few more doubters will change their mind to having it.

Reactions: 7
We've had the best news!

I remember you saying about your dad, I’m so glad to hear he’s coming home! I hope he goes from strength to strength being back home again! 😘 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We've had the best news!

That’s wonderful news after what sounds like a very stressful year! Wishing him and your family well. 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We've had the best news!

What wonderful news for you and your family. You can all be together again and keep your lovely dad safe. He must be over the moon too. 💖

• Heart
We've had the best news!

Amazing news. So happy for you x

• Heart

Only two of 27 EU countries are doing better than us :) I can see people being worried about the past three days of people on beaches and in parks, but I don't think it will result in anything. For four months last year (May-August) we had places packed out with people enjoying themselves or at protests and we saw no spike at all and that was without half the country having had a vaccine.

From next week, schools close in France for 3 weeks (little kids and primary schools), 4 weeks (secondary schools and high schools).
In reality it's one week studying from home for the little kids and two weeks for the bigger ones because there are the two weeks spring holidays in the middle.
Macron also announced (some) cultural places and the cafe/bar/restaurants terraces will start to reopen mid may (only opened in click&collect and deliveries now).
Still curfew at 7pm and forbidden to go further than 10 kms.
And new vaccines are coming from this month on but we already knew.

Reactions: 3

We wait to see what Boris will say about the horrible idea of a vaccine passport next Monday. I feel sorry for the small shop owners who will have to pay a member of staff to stand at the door all day to make sure they are allowed in.

From next week, schools close in France for 3 weeks (little kids and primary schools), 4 weeks (secondary schools and high schools).
In reality it's one week studying from home for the little kids and two weeks for the bigger ones because there are the two weeks spring holidays in the middle.
Macron also announced (some) cultural places and the cafe/bar/restaurants terraces will start to reopen mid may (only opened in click&collect and deliveries now).
Still curfew at 7pm and forbidden to go further than 10 kms.
And new vaccines are coming from this month on but we already knew.
Quoting myself😂
It's not even one week studying from home for the little ones because monday is bank holiday and there is no school on wednesdays (and saturdays) so it's only 3 days lol

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.