Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #82

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, you know your daughter best.

I was thinking how my two performed at school, and even though they were like chalk and cheese, I gave them both added private lessons at home, which worked well for them. Both achieved high grades at school, went on to get their degrees and are doing well at work now.

But I fully understand your concerns. 💖
Yes I’m not sure either, my eldest is 17 and she has a job in addition to school although she will be going on to university. It’s just an 8 hour contract, but it’s important to her, and has been really good for her in terms of building confidence and having a bit of financial independence. I’d be sad to see her need to lose that if the school day was extended.

Reactions: 1

Something for young kids to look forward to. Feel so sorry for kids of today and those that in the future are born in to a world that's going to be a nightmare for them.
Maybe what we do today will only benefit future generations the goal posts are getting longer .

🙁

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
My kids are totally feral by 3pm 😂

Saying that private school kids typically have longer school days?

I agree on the curriculum though, my 7 year old does stuff now I wasn’t taught until I was about 9 and I’ve turned out fine 😂
I went to private school when I was 7-10. We started school at 8.45 and finished at 4. We had longer holidays though

That is good. Canada is doing bleeping tit because we haven't produced our own vaccine so are relying on others.
Yeah I read an article about Canada being the only ‘rich’ country who were needing to use the covax supplies, and that some didn’t approve. I don’t really understand much more about it though, how many have you vaccinated so far?

At least you guys have the benefit of a smaller population and easier SD though, so hopefully when you get going you’ll see an impact quickly. Also, you get poutine so you can’t really complain 😉😂

Reactions: 3
Yeah I read an article about Canada being the only ‘rich’ country who were needing to use the covax supplies, and that some didn’t approve. I don’t really understand much more about it though, how many have you vaccinated so far?

At least you guys have the benefit of a smaller population and easier SD though, so hopefully when you get going you’ll see an impact quickly. Also, you get poutine so you can’t really complain 😉😂
I had not read much about it, to be honest. I see that New Zealand is doing the same. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/covax-explainer-canada-backlash-1.5902072

We have only vaccinated 893,000 people since the end of December which is pathetic, 2% of the population.

I will be surprised if Trudeau is re-elected.

• Sad
I had not read much about it, to be honest. I see that New Zealand is doing the same. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/covax-explainer-canada-backlash-1.5902072

We have only vaccinated 893,000 people since the end of December which is pathetic, 2% of the population.

I will be surprised if Trudeau is re-elected.
New Zealand have currently 62 active cases, they have approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine will be arriving there around March and their government has said the need in other countries is greater and more urgent. The’ve been able to control the virus quite well and keep numbers very low by closing borders and being on top of the track and trace.

Reactions: 2
My brother had to say goodbye to his mum(same dad but different mums)via video link last night. I'm absolutely heartbroken for him.
That’s so sad. Is that because he can’t travel to see her due to lockdown? Hope you don’t mind me asking x

That’s so sad. Is that because he can’t travel to see her due to lockdown? Hope you don’t mind me asking x
She's was in a hospital hours away from him and doctors didn't think he'd get there in time.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Can't wait for the data to be released to show up countries who have put lives at risk by not using it. I hope they change their mind.

Reactions: 6
She's was in a hospital hours away from him and doctors didn't think he'd get there in time.
That’s so sad, but it’s also really kind of the doctors to give him that opportunity, I know it’s not the same as saying goodbye in person but at least it’s better than no goodbye at all. I hope he is ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The curriculum has changed beyond recognition in the last few years even without covid. The pressure on them is so strong.

I was talking to my daughter's teacher on the phone the other day - she is year one (age 5/6) and I said i was concerned about her phonics understanding as she was finding it so hard but felt like maybe I was comparing her too much to her brother who is just naturally an exceptional reader. He is 10yrs old. Anyway the teacher said to me that the phonics work my daughter is having to do previously wouldn't be done til the next year AND that in year one they would have played all afternoon when my son was in that Year but now they don't even have a break in the afternoon 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just heard a friend of my sisters in early 30s has been on a ventilator for a while. They are taking him off as he won’t make it. He survived cancer a few years ago.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
The curriculum has changed beyond recognition in the last few years even without covid. The pressure on them is so strong.
I agree. You go to school for at least 11 years and in that time get taught so much rubbish you don't need to know, will never use again or simply forget. Yet genuine life skills that should be taught at school are not like how to drive, how to become self employed, mortgages, money management etc. Instead you get taught about things from hundreds of years ago or pi.

The woman has some sour grapes there.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.