Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another day, another.... “meh”
**turns attention to what to have for lunch**

“The company was expected to deliver to the 27 EU countries about 80m doses by the end of March but informed the EU of the reduction to 31m doses on Friday, the official, who was involved in the talks, said.
The company had also agreed to deliver more than 80m doses in the second quarter, but on Friday was not able to indicate delivery targets for the April-June period due to the production issues.
The issues were blamed on production problems”
Why once the UK have sorted ourselves out I would be happy with them helping out our Irish neighbours in the Republic with the surplus we would be hoarding with the amount we've purchased.

Reactions: 2
If she's well enough then it's labour as normal. The risks of a section would be the same as a negative woman. She will just go into the red ward for antenatal and postnatal care. Then she will go home as normal. We wear ppe for everyone no matter what, the only difference is that we would don ffp mask etc for aerosol generating procedures such as resus or if the woman required a general anaesthetic for section etc.

If a mum tests covid positive at any point in pregnancy she does automatically become high risk and we need to provide a low molecular weight heparin to reduce the risk of venous thrombosis, and we are also providing them with a Sats monitor in case of silent hypoxia. They get a daily phonecall whilst they are positve to check they are well. We have had to care for some who have required oxygen but the only time we need to intervene and birth baby early with a section is of the mother's health is of real concern.

Postnatally if a mum is covid positive and not unwell (doesn't need treatment) we don't separate mum and baby, we encourage breastfeeding and the use of masks when feeding if coughing or sneezing etc.

Wow thanks so much for this. You and your colleagues are amazing x

Reactions: 3
Wow thanks so much for this. You and your colleagues are amazing x
Im very lucky to work with such an amazing Trust. We love our ladies and we want them to be well and feel safe. I'm in the low risk are and we have been able to have two birth partners if mum needs extra support, dads stay with mum until they are discharged home (4-6 hr discharge), virtual breastfeeding support over teams and zoom, etc etc. Our women are at the centre of everything we do.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Im very lucky to work with such an amazing Trust. We love our ladies and we want them to be well and feel safe. I'm in the low risk are and we have been able to have two birth partners if mum needs extra support, dads stay with mum until they are discharged home (4-6 hr discharge), virtual breastfeeding support over teams and zoom, etc etc. Our women are at the centre of everything we do.
Ah, this sounds wonderful.

it’s sounds like a very stressful and limiting situation to be in. Maybe a ch age around would be good- I would go insane stuck in the bedroom for most of the day.

I understand that fears that having a big conversation as 8 call it can bring, it’s always vulnerable and risky, but often very good at clearing things or knowing where you stand.
Have you ever read or listened to Brene Brown? She a personal hero of mine and always helps me when I feel stuck.
No but I have heard of her, I will take a look! I am starting to try and listen to uplifting/motivational/inspirational podcasts and YouTube videos. Need all the positivity we all can get! X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I listened to the interview, and I agree that six weeks between the two shots sounds a much better idea than twelve.

Has anyone seen Sky News reporting from China, now that they have only a few cases they've gone into a complete lockdown. Offenders are punished, and they showed four police tying a man to a tree - because he'd gone out for a walk. 😳

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I also feel like now places like the dentist and vets are opening up for routine things , they seem to expect us to jump at the chance to go for an appointment now they have decided they are up and running again, and have clicked their fingers for us , so to speak.
Around us, vets didn't "close", but we had to ring them when we arrived and wait in our cars until they come out to either return your dog or hand over their prescription.

Reactions: 4
My exciting thing today is going to the bike shop to pick up a new bike for one of my kids. For some reason they aren’t offering delivery so have to collect. Typically it snowed last night so probably won’t get to take them out on it today😅

Can’t face food shopping this week so I’ve booked a slot with Iceland for tomorrow. Never shopped online with them before but thought why not with their free delivery. May have got some stuff from their Greggs and TGI Fridays range.

Literally the most exciting things that are happening in my life right now🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

Reactions: 12
My exciting thing today is going to the bike shop to pick up a new bike for one of my kids. For some reason they aren’t offering delivery so have to collect. Typically it snowed last night so probably won’t get to take them out on it today😅

Can’t face food shopping this week so I’ve booked a slot with Iceland for tomorrow. Never shopped online with them before but thought why not with their free delivery.

Literally the most exciting things that are happening in my life right now🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
Last night my husband and I spent about 25 mins watching a YouTube video of a digger digging another digger out that had got stuck in mud. This is what Friday nights are now 😩 I just remembered that my husbands car has to go in for a service next month and I will have to follow behind in my car to bring him home then take him back again when it’s finished. Almost as excited as if we were going on holiday! We won’t know ourselves when we can actually go on a holiday or to a gig again! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Feeling a lot more positive today after my miserable day yesterday. Took myself out on a walk and walked for over an hour through the forest near my house and it really helped. I realised half way through the walk that one day this whole thing would be something I tell my grandkids about like my nan does with me about the war. Decided from now on I'm just going to live day by day and do what I can to make myself feel good, long walks, lots of veg, lots of water etc and just take it as it comes.
Great attitude. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Can’t face food shopping this week so I’ve booked a slot with Iceland for tomorrow. Never shopped online with them before but thought why not with their free delivery.

I did not realise how much I loved online shopping until I had to do it. I don't think I'll ever go back. I save so much money, I eat a lot better cause I'm not seeing junk food I think I want but then don't, and I can buy bulkier things cause it's being delivered instead of me walking back and fourth the shop (no car here). I used to have to go around 3 times a week (had to walk or get on a train with my shopping.) Now I go once a week to pick up stuff that I can't get with online shopping. I have become lazy but my back feels a lot better from not having to carry so much stuff 😂

Reactions: 10
Around us, vets didn't "close", but we had to ring them when we arrived and wait in our cars until they come out to either return your dog or hand over their prescription.
I don't think the vets were closed for emergency illness and injuries but they weren't doing routine things like annual boosters( my dog's are now overdue).

Can’t face food shopping this week so I’ve booked a slot with Iceland for tomorrow. Never shopped online with them before but thought why not with their free delivery. May have got some stuff from their Greggs and TGI Fridays range.

Iceland are good. They text you with what's missing or any substitutions etc.

Only gripe I hve with my store is that they use as few bags as possible. So they knock on the door hand you 2 bulging bags and leg it! I couldn't hardly lift them haha

Iceland are good. They text you with what's missing or any substitutions etc.

Only gripe I hve with my store is that they use as few bags as possible. So they knock on the door hand you 2 bulging bags and leg it! I couldn't hardly lift them haha
Washing basket is your friend. I always use one with online food shops, easier to carry everything.

Reactions: 9
Washing basket is your friend. I always use one with online food shops, easier to carry everything.
With tesco I have it down to a fine art. I have 4 bags by the door and empty the crates into the bags. Little relay system between me and my husband.

I feel like Iceland delivery has this picture stuck up except it has a caveat of no more than 3 bags per shopper haha
i-will-carry-17-grocery-bags-or-die-trying-before-19372506.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't think the vets were closed for emergency illness and injuries but they weren't doing routine things like annual boosters( my dog's are now overdue).
Ours got his boosters in November. Try contacting them again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your pooch.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.