Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well i did NOT expect to wake up to this news this morning. Nice surprise.

I mean I'm not getting the vaccine anytime soon (no health conditions etc plus undecided if i will get it anyway) but for the vulnerable etc I'm so pleased for them
Vulnerable unable to get it first they're reporting only NHS workers as there's no means of storing it.Vaccs will start next week.

Reactions: 3
I’m so delighted by this news. Like
Many here I’ll be far down the list and that’s fine. However, some of my family who are younger but have serious underlying conditions and this news gives me so much relief. 2021 is looking up!

this news is made all the more emotional especially as U.K. has surpassed 75,000 covid deaths - we passed 60,000 just over a month ago 😳 Any doubt of a second wave being real is scrubbed out.

Reactions: 5
I haven't seen @Oohthedrama post on here for ages. Does anyone know if she's OK?

Great news about visits being allowed in Care Homes, and also about the vaccine. If this starts to be rolled out this week, then the five day break over Xmas won't be so worrying.

Happy days 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I haven't seen @Oohthedrama post on here for ages. Does anyone know if she's OK?

Great news about visits being allowed in Care Homes, and also about the vaccine. If this starts to be rolled out this week, then the five day break over Xmas won't be so worrying.

Happy days 🥰
Yip she’s still posting on another thread I’m on...no vaccine till the spring for the vulnerable though https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...c7526f10a1c302d6fbf694&pinned_post_type=share

Reactions: 2
Vulnerable unable to get it first they're reporting only NHS workers as there's no means of storing it.Vaccs will start next week.
It's a great start though. And so reassuring.

Remember this time last year, we'd not even heard of Covid.

• Heart

Happy days 🥰
Definitely agree it's great news, though I would add that even a person vaccinated with the first dose early next week will still need the second dose four weeks later to reach the stated immunity. So this news is great for 2021 outlook, but shouldn't have any impact on the 5 days over Christmas.

Definitely agree it's great news, though I would add that even a person vaccinated with the first dose early next week will still need the second dose four weeks later to reach the stated immunity. So this news is great for 2021 outlook, but shouldn't have any impact on the 5 days over Christmas.
Yes, I forgot in my excitement. So I'm sure we'll have a LockyD 3 in the New Year, but by then people will be receiving their vaccines, so the next peak shouldn't grow so badly. I'm on a bit of a high this morning. Can't wait to see mum again. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The vaccine approval is also the main story on the US news.

All eyes across the world are going to be on the UK over the next week.

I pray this is the one thing our government gets right 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The vaccine approval is also the main story on the US news.

All eyes across the world are going to be on the UK over the next week.

I pray this is the one thing our government gets right 🙈🙈🙈
I'm sure every NHS worker is with you on that 😂

• Haha
I was quite surprised to see the news this morning. I have my reservation on the vaccine due to wanting another baby and I do feel like we are the guinea pigs of the world. I expect we will only really see any change come the back end of 2021.

Reactions: 6
So we're been reported to the education department for failing to provide our children with education and for refusing to send them to school all because we're taking them out of school a week early for Christmas. Apparently it's not allowed and is against government legislation

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
So we're been reported to the education department for failing to provide our children with education and for refusing to send them to school all because we're taking them out of school a week early for Christmas. Apparently it's not allowed and is against government legislation
this is absolutely insane! You are trying to protect vulnerable people by taking your kids out of school for 1 week - which is the last week of term and whilst they probably will do more 'school stuff' this year than previous due to no plays and dinners etc it is the last week of term! I cannot believe that especially as you have said you will teach them at home and not just let them have an extra week of sleeping and playing.

Reactions: 9
Surely the school have got more on their plate than dealing with this!! Absolute madness.

Reactions: 9
I am absolutely furious on your behalf. What an appalling thing for the school to do.
Stay strong, stand your ground. I very much doubt anything will come of it in the end given your circumstances. Sending a massive hug x

Reactions: 12
Wouldn't the best places to start vaccinating be the hot spots such as Leicester, and fully and thoroughy vaccinate every person there, especially everybody working in the Boohoo fast fashion sweatshops that we saw earlier in the year? After all nothing else seems to be working in these areas so why not give the vaccine a good go there? What better extended testing ground is there than a city that cannot shake it off?

You could argue that, given how easily spread we keep being told Covid is, any NHS and other health care workers that haven't managed to catch it by now, probably aren't ever going to, or somehow already have some sort of immunity built up, so what is the point of using up precious early vaccines on them.

Last edited:
They can ram it. I'm still keeping them at home and they can forget me making the kids work thay week. Looks like we will be having a Christmas movie and hot chocolate week instead if that's the thanks we get

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am gobsmacked by this. The head of that school has absolutely no heart. Surely they will know your circumstances and be able to empathise.

Id do it anyway and then kick off Merry hell when they try and fine me. But that’s just me. They’re being unreasonable.

Reactions: 8
I am gobsmacked by this. The head of that school has absolutely no heart. Surely they will know your circumstances and be able to empathise.

Id do it anyway and then kick off Merry hell when they try and fine me. But that’s just me. They’re being unreasonable.
I'm not sending them in and if they try to fine me then I'll fight it to the very end. They want to be thankful that I've even sent the kids back at all given the circumstances

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm not sending them in and if they try to fine me then I'll fight it to the very end. They want to be thankful that I've even sent the kids back at all given the circumstances
I would be speaking to my local MP about this. Absolutely raging for you x

Reactions: 7
I would be speaking to my local MP about this. Absolutely raging for you x
Our local MP is actually my sons old primary school teacher and she is amazing. She left teaching to go in to Politics as she hated the way the school system was and wanting to change it. I'll definitely drop her an email

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.