Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My middle child is free!! We have let her out of the bedroom as it's been 10 days since her first symptoms which were a headache. Poor thing still can't smell anything but her sense of taste is returning. So relieved she is ok.

We did talk to her etc, we didn't just shove her upstairs to be mean. She's usually in her room chatting with her friends anyway so nothing changed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
£1000 is a joke. That is awful. I do not understand why you can't book a table in a "wet bar" for a limited amount of time and have table service. Alcohol is not causing covid19 to spread.
This this this this. Why are the restrictions so “non alcohol” heavy?! I can’t understand not getting pissed in a nightclub with 100s but with restrictions and a booking system I don’t see why places can’t be open. It’s ridiculous

Reactions: 10
This this this this. Why are the restrictions so “non alcohol” heavy?! I can’t understand not getting pissed in a nightclub with 100s but with restrictions and a booking system I don’t see why places can’t be open. It’s ridiculous
Because they believe people will be less likely to follow SD when a bit merry. But the problem is, if they stop people doing it in public, they will do it in private more.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Because they believe people will be less likely to follow SD when a bit merry. But the problem is, if they stop people doing it in public, they will do it in private more.
Totally agree with this, I think it just pushes more for people to meet privately in homes which is actually probably far less ‘safe’

Felt the same regarding closing shops last 4 weeks it’s just pushed the same people to go to supermarket and places like B&M instead as there’s less choice

Reactions: 11
Totally agree with this, I think it just pushes more for people to meet privately in homes which is actually probably far less ‘safe’

Felt the same regarding closing shops last 4 weeks it’s just pushed the same people to go to supermarket and places like B&M instead as there’s less choice
Exactly. They would be better allowing people to carry on under certain rules. Perhaps time limits (2 hours), must be sat down, no bar service. Don't follow the rules you are kicked out. This whole meal/wet pub thing is stupid and no fair on those who perhaps can't afford to do it and just want a drink outside of their home.

But stopping people doing things they like only makes them do it in secret and in an underhand way. I know lots of house parties that have happened, I doubt there is any SD going on there.

• Sad
Exactly. They would be better allowing people to carry on under certain rules. Perhaps time limits (2 hours), must be sat down, no bar service. Don't follow the rules you are kicked out. This whole meal/wet pub thing is stupid and no fair on those who perhaps can't afford to do it and just want a drink outside of their home.

But stopping people doing things they like only makes them do it in secret and in an underhand way. I know lots of house parties that have happened, I doubt there is any SD going on there.
Exactly

I’ve felt far safer sat in a pub/restaurant over the summer sat at least 2 metres away from anyone- been out in a 2 and always been sat on a 4 table so drinks etc can be placed at end and we help ourselves unlike in places like Tesco having to queue to pay and crowded aisles with pickers pushing past

It's just a mess, isn't it.

I saw something on Twitter earlier, sums it up: "One month until Brexit and the government is arguing over whether a scotch egg is a starter or a main course."

I don't drink or really visit pubs anyway, but I'm inclined to go into my local for a meal just to give them some support. (Tier 2 here).

Last day of lockdown and I actually feel pretty gloomy about the whole thing. Just want to say thank you to everyone who has been out and about keeping the country running over the past month. And good luck to everyone returning to work tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you all while I'm sat in my home office on yet another Groundhog Day x

Reactions: 12
Exactly

I’ve felt far safer sat in a pub/restaurant over the summer sat at least 2 metres away from anyone- been out in a 2 and always been sat on a 4 table so drinks etc can be placed at end and we help ourselves unlike in places like Tesco having to queue to pay and crowded aisles with pickers pushing past
The other day in sainsburys, some woman had a tissue over her trolley push bar so she didn’t touch it, but instead of asking me to move she leant over my trolley to get something, she basically touched me! If I wasn’t so tired I would have let rip! Have we lost our manners with the face covering, distancing malarkey 😤

And why are so many people WEARING MASKS UNDER THEIR NOSES!!! 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I can’t wait to wake up one morning and not have covid on my mind. To be able to actually take my kids to fun places again and not be constantly worrying if some every day activity like seeing my own nan is against the rules or not.

On another note how is it that primark is allowed to be open for 24 hours a day when things are arguably worse than a couple of months ago when pubs had a curfew of 10pm (is that still in place?). Who the duck is going to primark at 3am anyway.

Reactions: 15
No i wasnt being "funny" just that negative doesnt mean much untill the full isolations done.
I didn't say you were being funny? I literally answered your question. I know it doesnt mean much but right now, but its negative and its given me peace of mind. I was offered it by my organisation so I took it. No where did I say I would not complete the 14 days of isolation, in fact I said the opposite.

Reactions: 2
So basically, if enough rebel against the tier system outlined by Mr J, then it's a free for all.

I'll leave you thinking about that. 😳

Reactions: 2
I didn't say you were being funny? I literally answered your question. I know it doesnt mean much but right now, but its negative and its given me peace of mind. I was offered it by my organisation so I took it. No where did I say I would not complete the 14 days of isolation, in fact I said the opposite.
Sorry i complety miss read your first post! I missed the last part 🙈

Reactions: 3
Recieved a phone call from my kids school. Looks very likely that we will receive a fine for taking the kids out a week early so we can self isolate before Christmas. Not unexpected but was hoping they'd be more understanding

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
You can pay for it if not eligible, it’s around £10-£15 X
Thank you. Our local chemists had no stock, I’ll keep checking x

My middle child is free!! We have let her out of the bedroom as it's been 10 days since her first symptoms which were a headache. Poor thing still can't smell anything but her sense of taste is returning. So relieved she is ok.

We did talk to her etc, we didn't just shove her upstairs to be mean. She's usually in her room chatting with her friends anyway so nothing changed.
I hope the rest of you have managed to stay well. Glad your daughter is ok x

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any ideas about what the "test and release" scheme will mean for travel?

I'm not sure of the difference it will make as if the govt still has for example "all but essential travel" recommended for a destination, travel insurance etc is still affected.

Recieved a phone call from my kids school. Looks very likely that we will receive a fine for taking the kids out a week early so we can self isolate before Christmas. Not unexpected but was hoping they'd be more understanding
I’m really shocked, but do they not legally have to say this? Whether they actually do it is another thing?

Reactions: 1
I’m really shocked, but do they not legally have to say this? Whether they actually do it is another thing?
I think it all depends on if the head contacts the department of education or if she decides to develop a heart. She did seem pleased that we're not treating it as a holiday and that I will be expecting the kids to get up and do their work as if it were a school day. I guess time will tell

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think it all depends on if the head contacts the department of education or if she decides to develop a heart. She did seem pleased that we're not treating it as a holiday and that I will be expecting the kids to get up and do their work as if it were a school day. I guess time will tell
I really hope they don’t, it’s really heartless X

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.