Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend of mine who worked in a care home said all the deaths were listed as Covid in April/May at least in hers as it was less paperwork. Normally with a death they look at their final days medications as due diligence but it was just 'covid' and done. She said it was a scandal and was hoping it would be exposed as a national problem but never was.

Back to the subject of compulsary vaccines or no vaccine no entry....I am not getting too concerned yet as so many businesses once they can open as normal are gonna do all they can to claw back income. Some pub chains have lost hundreds of millions of pounds worth of revenue, same with airlines. Do we really think they will limit this to just the small percentage (at first) that are to be vaccined? The only place I can see this happening is Australia and possibly NZ.

Reactions: 6
Back to the subject of compulsary vaccines or no vaccine no entry....I am not getting too concerned yet as so many businesses once they can open as normal are gonna do all they can to claw back income. Some pub chains have lost hundreds of millions of pounds worth of revenue, same with airlines. Do we really think they will limit this to just the small percentage (at first) that are to be vaccined? The only place I can see this happening is Australia and possibly NZ.
I don't think airlines will require the vaccine however other countries will. I can see even some countries with huge tourism sectors being worried about the effect a covid resurgence could have on their healthcare system, countries like Thailand or islands in the Caribbean etc (they are already asking for testing).

Reactions: 2
So tier 3 NE will not do widespread community testing like Liverpool, as labour leaders are saying it didn’t work and instead will target its use within the population.

Why is it everything so political 🤦‍♀️

I don’t disagree but how do you do that when places are now open. Do companies furlough anyone who cannot get childcare? Or do people who work in say pubs/clothing shops send their kids into school under ‘key workers’?

They do, especially in the old. We were asked what we wanted on both my grandparents death certificates and my neighbours FIL passed during covid and the refused to accept covid, his results had not come back and he had other health conditions.

I get people think these are rumours but i can assure you it DOES happen. Obviously if it is a full gone conclusion as to the cause of death that will go on it, but if there are multiple or questions (ie no covid result) then it can been chosen.
I don’t know as it’s not my job to know but I’m just of the opinion that they need to find a way to better protect children and school staff from this. That’s all.

Michael Gove has said that a vaccine passport will not be needed to go to the pub, theatre or sport stadium, he says there’s no plan to introduce any form of identification for those who get the vaccine. Didn’t think so.

Reactions: 10
A friend of mine who worked in a care home said all the deaths were listed as Covid in April/May at least in hers as it was less paperwork. Normally with a death they look at their final days medications as due diligence but it was just 'covid' and done. She said it was a scandal and was hoping it would be exposed as a national problem but never was.

they were just discussing this on This Morning and they raised the concern as to the fact we are only vaccinating the vulnerable/elderly etc first if they were to enforce vaccinations young people/the non vulnerable could be waiting until June before they can go out and about! I don't believe it will be compulsory here for one second - partly because they wont have the capacity to do so and some people are genuinely exempt so what happens there?

Reactions: 5
Cute pre-election bribe.

And an absolute kick in the teeth to everyone else that's worked hard or taken on additional risk, or those who have lost their businesses, or lost their lives/relatives to non-covid causes that the NHS gave up treating and diagnosing.

Having seen the backlash that Morrisons got for throwing discount at NHS workers and nobody else, I am not sure this will go the way Wee Nippy thinks.
I stay in Scotland and Sturgeon has created a cult around herself so there will be no real opposition or criticism of her. Apparently she has about 1 billion out of 9.5 billion given to help with Covid and in addition to this announced bribes totalling 330 million

Well if Michael Gove said it, it must be true 😂

Not saying it will happen but I’ve lived in China for many years and seen the growing surveillance and QR codes and more recently health codes and temperature checks. These things started slowly and then creep up till everything has changed.

Yes China and the West are different but I think unless you’ve seen for yourself it’s tough to understand how easily and through the back door these things get implemented.

If nothing else, it’s just interesting to see how these things play out!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well if Michael Gove said it, it must be true 😂

Not saying it will happen but I’ve lived in China for many years and seen the growing surveillance and QR codes and more recently health codes and temperature checks. These things started slowly and then creep up till everything has changed.

Yes China and the West are different but I think unless you’ve seen for yourself it’s tough to understand how easily and through the back door these things get implemented.

If nothing else, it’s just interesting to see how these things play out!
I do appreciate the irony of my quoting that I believe a politician 😄
Sometimes I do wonder if I’m too naive and trusting but I’m still of the opinion that vaccine passports won’t be a thing here. I feel it’s the most confusing time I’ve lived through since Brexit. Lots of people screaming lots of opposing things when the majority of us are really don’t know anything for sure. I think there is an awful lot of scaremongering though and that makes me angry, a lot of it from the media.

Reactions: 4
Michael Gove has said that a vaccine passport will not be needed to go to the pub, theatre or sport stadium, he says there’s no plan to introduce any form of identification for those who get the vaccine. Didn’t think so.
That’s good ... but then again this is Michael Gove saying it .... 🐍

Reactions: 4
How many other celebrities taking piss do you think 🤔 she offered to pay the fine probably loose change for her. 30th birthday and still not a grown up to say I dont need a party. I'm sure there has been plenty of children looking forward to their 16th or 18th birthday and missed out.
It should be every person who went and the business shut down for good!
I agree, anyone who went plus all the staff should be hit with a fine PLUS closure of the venue. It really pisses me off reading about some dumbo celebrity taking the piss out of the rules. Piers Morgan has an article in the Mail about the pisstakers, especially the Kardashians.

Reactions: 7
I hate waiting for covid test results. I can’t focus on anything else.

edit: 5 mins later I get a text saying negative. Phew! But is this going to be my life now? Having to get my daughter tested every time she gets a cough, which is often anyway? I know it’s necessary but it’s so horrible putting her through it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought this year it was supposed to be a big flu programme. What utter rubbish. I have a chronic illness but as it’s not in the risk categories I’m not allowed it nor are my children to protect me. My husband has as he’s asthmatic. My GP said we can’t have it. My son used to as he had childhood asthma but now they’re saying he can’t as he’s not needed inhalers for a couple of years. My daughter also ended up in hospital with croup when she was 11.
You can pay for it if not eligible, it’s around £10-£15 X

Reactions: 2
Another casualty of Covid and the bad handling by government.

Nah they’ve been on the brink for years, for once I don’t blame covid on this one. Gutted for the staff though X

Reactions: 19
Nah they’ve been on the brink for years, for once I don’t blame covid on this one. Gutted for the staff though X
Have to agree, can't remember the last time I went into a debenhams. Even in the early 2000s they were always dated and sad.

Reactions: 6
Re: Debenhams, COVID has really just sped up a lot of the collapses that were inevitable on the high street. Retail has been in a precarious position for a while now.

Reactions: 10
I thought this year it was supposed to be a big flu programme. What utter rubbish. I have a chronic illness but as it’s not in the risk categories I’m not allowed it nor are my children to protect me. My husband has as he’s asthmatic. My GP said we can’t have it. My son used to as he had childhood asthma but now they’re saying he can’t as he’s not needed inhalers for a couple of years. My daughter also ended up in hospital with croup when she was 11.
Of course you’re allowed it, you just need to pay privately, it’s around £10. The flu programme has been extended massively this year, and its rightly being allocated to priority groups who are most at risk from flu.

So tier 3 NE will not do widespread community testing like Liverpool, as labour leaders are saying it didn’t work and instead will target its use within the population.

Why is it everything so political 🤦‍♀️
I saw something about Sheffield public health doubt the accuracy of these fast tests.

Also saw Debenham had a lot of arcadia concessions that maybe that and sports direct kept them limping on longer.
I used love the place.
But local store tired.

I do love actual shopping in non covid times but I like to try on clothes.

School are a nightmare.
Yes they are fining parents even if they have health issues.
Same if child is medically vulnerable or have very vulnerable siblings.
Its so sad. At senior online learning us fine but they refuse despite other countries closing or offering choice.
2021 gcses be another tit show.
I imagine a few students will drop their courses in jan as they been proper ripped off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.