Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah ok I don’t do any of those things regularly so guess to me they seemed quite similar bar restaurants being open. Maybe theatres but I dare not book anything in case it gets cancelled tbh.

I would visit the cinema but our cinema is a cineworld so it’s shut indefinitely anyway 😩
I think that’s the difference when you live in a city you live there for a reason to have these things available and on your doorstep X

I think that’s the difference when you live in a city you live there for a reason to have these things available and on your doorstep X
Hey hey we have soft play in the countryside too tublet I’ll have you know 😜😂

but yeah it must be strange too in the city, when we went to London for museums and sightseeing in October it was so bizarre and sad seeing it so empty.

I got a pic in front of Buckingham palace with no one in it but us, compared with the one I took Jan 2020 with about 5000 tourists in the background. Eerie.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
No indoor entertainment is open - cinema, theatres, museums, galleries, soft play etc all shut
Hotel shut
Adult fitness classes indoor can’t run
I cannot travel to meet my own family outside

But I can get my hair and nails done for non existence fun (because nothing is open) and I can go shopping. Whoop

Been like this since September up here and far worse for other cities.
But weirdly 1000 sports spectators in tier 1 and 2.
Liverpool fans will be pleased.

I think its worse when you tier 1 pre 4 week national mockdown then come out of it into tier 3 you think what was the fecking point!
A feeling of hopelessness sets it.
Then theirs the lies and the drip feeding
Altered data to paint worse picture.
Changes to how stats are collated and less testing to make cases seem like they dropped.
Why say its up for review dec when they really mean jan.
Then you have Boris it all be fine by Xmas now Easter.
Did he really threaten a 3rd lockdown?

What's the rate in Liverpool now is it lower than Bristol , Birmingham or Manchester?
Seems Liverpool a political football hailed as vasucess when the results mass testing trials very mixed not reaching the poorer areas.

I'm pleased baby ballet can restart
Non essential business can reopen and God will primark be hell on earth.

But I feel sad for hospitality and associated industries.
Also there will inevitable be lots teachers and pupils expected self isolate over xmas because their bubble burst vajd dfe refuse close school 14datys before xmas or switch to virtual learning like Canada, USA and other European counties because Boris is a cock womble and insists face to face teaching at all costs despite education being 2nd biggest cause of spread in phe surveillance reports and least 600k pupils are self isolating in a single week yet schools are open.
1/3 schools kids in Hull were off.
1 /10 in other areas.

Private schools break up earlier and many like Eton invested in private testing.
Half term barely made a dent before steep rise in infection in all age groups.

The national education union claimed if senior school only went on 1 week off 1 week off rota hospitality could have been kept open.

All that changes for us is maybe we can get hair cut and visit wider variety shops as need to complete xmas shopping.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m the same with my shopping too! I am vulnerable tho! I also quarantine post unless it looks exciting when I open then wash hands immediately! 😂

Yes I feel so down today, no huge change as tier 3, just confirmation of the continuation of the shitness!

Yes!! This!! Everyone is messaging me asking me because they know I read it all...the 3 households Christmas bubble was a nightmare! Like trying to teach toddlers Latin! They would re-word their question and ask me again in the hope I’d then say yes that’s allowed!! 🤦🏽‍♀️
I'm also vunerable. Doesn't take long to wipe down shopping at all! Makes me feel safer as I don't have to worry as much then about touching my face/eyes etc in the home....

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey hey we have soft play in the countryside too tublet I’ll have you know 😜😂

but yeah it must be strange too in the city, when we went to London for museums and sightseeing in October it was so bizarre and sad seeing it so empty.

I got a pic in front of Buckingham palace with no one in it but us, compared with the one I took Jan 2020 with about 5000 tourists in the background. Eerie.
Definitely eerie but what an experience. I don’t know if it sounds inappropriate but I used to live in London and when I saw on the news and social media how deserted it was I really wanted to go and experience it like that as it just never happens. We flippantly talked about driving through but that was when you risked being arrested for going for a drive and if there were two of you in the car you might have faced a prison sentence 😬😄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's utterly rubbish BUT the national lockdown was so lame that it was hardly a lockdown. Lots of people still going to work, using public transport, shopping with masks as chin straps....

I am surprised that hospitality has to stay closed in tier 3 (bar takeaway) but beauty and hair can open. Yes both can be made covid secure (my beauty salon did a grand job at this) but I get far closer to my therapist that I would other pub goers.... Having said that I guess people get drunk, get close (see people they know and hug them) and go home and party after the pub shuts and spread the virus? Thoughts?

Reactions: 6
It's utterly rubbish BUT the national lockdown was so lame that it was hardly a lockdown. Lots of people still going to work, using public transport, shopping with masks as chin straps....

I am surprised that hospitality has to stay closed in tier 3 (bar takeaway) but beauty and hair can open. Yes both can be made covid secure (my beauty salon did a grand job at this) but I get far closer to my therapist that I would other pub goers.... Having said that I guess people get drunk, get close (see people they know and hug them) and go home and party after the pub shuts and spread the virus? Thoughts?
For me, the difference is when getting my hair/nails done we both wear masks and you’re only getting close to one person (maybe two) whereas in a pub when you’re drinking you’re not wearing masks and you’re more likely to be close to more people

Marks and Spencer just announced they're not opening on Boxing Day so people can spend it with family.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve been feeling really sad after today’s announcements. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I’m so disappointed. We’re tier 2, so still can’t meet with family indoors, and with young children it’s not really practical to meet outdoors. Also won’t see any family for Xmas, we have 5 households so how do we decide who can see each other and who gets left out? We can’t.

But I can still go to work, and serve who knows who all day long.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My kids school are also quarantining Christmas cards. Can’t help but laugh at how the head has sent this long winded message explaining in great detail the process for bringing in Xmas cards. I mean who’d have thought it this time last year. Quarantining Christmas cards ffs😂😂😂 I mean I get why but it just sounds ludicrous, the whole situation is ludicrous.

They’ve also cancelled school Christmas dinner because of the logistics of it with covid measures in place, which is a real shame for the children. Mine were really looking forward to it. Maybe I’ll try and make a Christmas dinner themed packed lunch for the day they usually would have had it.

Have to laugh at the Christmas card thing otherwise I’ll just cry over how crappy everything else is right now😅
That is ridiculous, are they stripping the kids off and putting them in jumpsuits so they can quarantine their clothes? There will be more germs on those than on a christmas card.

This may be an unpopular opinion but what's really bothering me about this whole thing lately is that the media is going crazy about new cases but surely the more people who get it with no/mild symptoms, the lower the mortality rate gets. I think the Government (with the medias help) are really hammering home that this is worse than it is to justify ruining the economy which has subsequently ruined lives. I'm in no way deny it exists and all deaths are tragic but I feel the whole thing is manipulated and exaggerated

Reactions: 15
Marks and Spencer just announced they're not opening on Boxing Day so people can spend it with family.
Absolutely brilliant. Lot of respect for M&S for that. Shop workers deserve a Christmas too with the year they’ve had.

Reactions: 17
This makes me wonder if this month long (farcical) lockdown was to ease people into higher tiers, if they'd moved all those places at the end of October, I think there would have been uproar.
But for a lot of places it's now seen as an improvement on what we currently have. (Thinking tier 2 people, who have moved from tier 1)

Also in regards to London i did briefly hear someone on sky news explaining it earlier. The R rate is high in a couple boroughs but the majority of London still have low cases and they have the hospital capacity to cope, hence them not being in tier 3.

Reactions: 6
That is ridiculous, are they stripping the kids off and putting them in jumpsuits so they can quarantine their clothes? There will be more germs on those than on a christmas card.
It was on the news earlier about washing your hands after opening cards etc although the risk is low they’re advising to do it because they’re likely to be more people infected with it at this time of year so the chance of spreading it has increased
C79C4B56-A262-4309-8680-183A10FCC0E0.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Good for them! My store has just decided to increase our opening hours for the next three weeks, and instead of closing on New Years Day and letting us all have A/L, they’ve decided to open and cancel leave for that day 🤦‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
It was on the news earlier about washing your hands after opening cards etc although the risk is low they’re advising to do it because they’re likely to be more people infected with it at this time of year so the chance of spreading it has increased View attachment 325089
Ah. So covid understands not to spread if you’re mixing three households over a specific five day period, but it doesn’t understand if it’s on an amazon parcel. Righto 👍

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.