Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling utterly miserable atm, moved home with parents to save some money (in 20’s). Mums in a support bubble with my auntie so no one can have anyone else. The thought of not being able to see my partner properly until April is making me so utterly depressed. Fully aware I’ll probably be called selfish for this 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 10
At least £250 pay rise for me thanks to Rishi... or in other words just under 68.5p per day🙄 lower level civil servants really do get shafted by the government. Still waiting for our annual 2% to come through.

Feeling utterly miserable atm, moved home with parents to save some money (in 20’s). Mums in a support bubble with my auntie so no one can have anyone else. The thought of not being able to see my partner properly until April is making me so utterly depressed. Fully aware I’ll probably be called selfish for this 😔
Not selfish at all. I’m away from my partner too at the minute (a few on this thread in the same position!). It is absolutely awful and nobody understands what it’s like unless you’re doing it. Sending you big hugs xx

Reactions: 8
Your not selfish for feeling like that. If you guys are one bubble why can't your partner see you at Christmas?

Reactions: 8
If you live with your parents and they are in a support bubble with your aunt that is one household. Therefore you as a group can see two more households.

Reactions: 4
At least £250 pay rise for me thanks to Rishi... or in other words just under 68.5p per day🙄 lower level civil servants really do get shafted by the government. Still waiting for our annual 2% to come through.

Not selfish at all. I’m away from my partner too at the minute (a few on this thread in the same position!). It is absolutely awful and nobody understands what it’s like unless you’re doing it. Sending you big hugs xx
thank you that’s really kind. You’re so right unless you’re in it people really don’t get it. Hope you’re okay x

If you live with your parents and they are in a support bubble with your aunt that is one household. Therefore you as a group can see two more households.
So sorry I wasn’t being clear, he’s going back home for Christmas so the five days won’t do much for us sadly. Meant in more lockdown/tier23 etc x

Reactions: 1
Only over Xmas and then she wouldn’t be able to see her partner after that

Reactions: 1
So sorry I wasn’t being clear, he’s going back home for Christmas so the five days won’t do much for us sadly. Meant in more lockdown/tier23 etc x
Sorry, I assumed you meant over Christmas. That must be very hard, it is not selfish at all. But remember if it is effecting your mental wellbeing you can see him.

Reactions: 3
I hate that people think they're going to be seen as selfish (or are actually being told they are) for missing people. There's nothing selfish about it, if anything you would need to be evaluating the relationships if you weren't missing those people.

What you do as a result of missing them could potentially become selfish, but feeling a certain way doesn't make you selfish regardless of anything anyone else is going through. We can only live our own lives and feel our own highs and lows. We can empathise with others in worse situations, but that doesn't mean your own problems should mean less to you and you should feel bad for it.

Reactions: 19
People should see who they want at Christmas. If you want to see family/friends then see them, if you don’t, then don’t. Just have a drink and chill the F out!
Coronavirus has been massively blown out of proportion and the sooner people realise this the better.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Sorry, I assumed you meant over Christmas. That must be very hard, it is not selfish at all. But remember if it is effecting your mental wellbeing you can see him.
I don’t think I can. Parents are, quite rightly, being very cautious. I don’t want them to get sick most importantly or to fall out with them. Also my profession as well, I won’t say what I do but Healthcare professionals need care too 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We also made the decision not to celebrate with our extended family. We normally have 15-20 of us on xmas day evening. I know for a fact they will all still meet up but I can't have it on my conscious if everyone spread the virus.

Our in laws have said they may just come alone on xmas day which would be lovely. Then off to my sister's on boxing day. So that's 2 households I will be with.

Reactions: 4
We aren't going to mix with any family this Christmas. Quite a few are vulnerable and it's just not worth the risk for us this year.

Reactions: 6
Matt Hancock spent £44,000 on takeaways for his staff. His government has rejected to give a pay rise for every in the public sector, apart from nurses and doctors. No outrage from anyone.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Matt Hancock spent £44,000 on takeaways for his staff. His government has rejected to give a pay rise for every in the public sector, apart from nurses and doctors. No outrage from anyone.
I mean out of all the things this government have done, covering the cost of delivered food for staff doing over time during a pandemic is at the bottom of the shady list imo.
Everywhere I have worked has let you expense dinner to the office when you are working past 8pm or round about that.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.