Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope someone on here can help me. I look after my grandchild whilst mum and dad are at work. It's my granchilds birthday this week and the parents are having the day off. Would I be able to see my grandchild on their birthday.

So no hospitality at all in tier 3?
Looks like Hospitality are taking the hit - certainly in Level 3. In the ITV link I posted above it says they’ll remain shut but in The Sun it says pubs/restaurants can do click and collect 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hope someone on here can help me. I look after my grandchild whilst mum and dad are at work. It's my granchilds birthday this week and the parents are having the day off. Would I be able to see my grandchild on their birthday.
If you’re in England then no I’m afraid not. How old is your grandchild?! I’m guessing not at school yet? If they’re under 5 then they’re not included in the 1+1 exercise rule so you could go for a walk with your grandchild and either their mum or dad but not both. You’d have to socially distance from their mum or dad but I’d assume a birthday hug for your grandchild would be ok if you provide their childcare! Hope that helps x

Reactions: 2
I haven't been to the pub in months. My girlfriend is happy about that. I'd rather spend my money at local shops, instead of places like Wetherspoons. My lockdown measures that I can only be with my household or support bubble, no group of sixes. I don't even have six friends to be quite honest.

Reactions: 1
If you’re in England then no I’m afraid not. How old is your grandchild?! I’m guessing not at school yet? If they’re under 5 then they’re not included in the 1+1 exercise rule so you could go for a walk with your grandchild and either their mum or dad but not both. You’d have to socially distance from their mum or dad but I’d assume a birthday hug for your grandchild would be ok if you provide their childcare! Hope that helps x
Thank you, I thought that was the case. It seems silly though when I have my grandchild 3 days a week. They will be 2. I will hand over the presents on the path to their home and look at the photos that the parents will take. It's heartbreaking. X

• Sad
Reactions: 6
does anyone know about probation and self isolation? my friend has a new job in hospitality shes only worked at for 2 months but has been told by track and trace to self isolate for 14 days and is worried she'll be laid off by her employer

• Sad
I think it’s ridiculous. Christmas isn’t the be all and end all. Can’t wait for another lockdown in January. Not sure how Christmas is even going to be enjoyable knowing that it’s likely we’re gonna have to go through lockdown again after

Reactions: 21
Thank you, I thought that was the case. It seems silly though when I have my grandchild 3 days a week. They will be 2. I will hand over the presents on the path to their home and look at the photos that the parents will take. It's heartbreaking. X
You could always have a little birthday party at your house on one of your childcare days.
Keep the presents for that day as children that age are quickly overwhelmed with too much on their actual birthday.
Set up a little floor picnic with sandwiches, fruit and cakes, pop some music on and have a dance.
I'm sure your grandchild would love an extended birthday :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Anyone else feel like they are crawling towards Christmas? Never stopped working (from home) have had more than 3 days off together since Christmas. Holiday has been used to educate the kids in self isolation etc.

I’m not even bothered about Christmas I just want 2 genuine weeks off work when I’m not having to homeschool at the same time.

Reactions: 10
Ah are they actually going down. I haven’t looked properly at the figures for a while. Had just heard we were the 5th worst area.
Kirklees
Find out more about the restrictions in your area

cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 10 Nov-16 Nov. The average area in England had 210.
cases in the latest week 10 Nov-16 Nov
compared with the previous week
total cases to 20 Nov
coronavirus-related deaths registered to 30 Oct

does anyone know about probation and self isolation? my friend has a new job in hospitality shes only worked at for 2 months but has been told by track and trace to self isolate for 14 days and is worried she'll be laid off by her employer
She has to isolate that’s non debatable but I don’t think it can be used as a means to end her employment. Her probation will probably be extended by 14 days, and she probably won’t be entitled to sick pay ( possibly SSP though).

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know if the announcements on today or tommorow? I can’t see it on TV guide

I really don't want to see family at Christmas.
I don't want long jan lockdown either.

Anyone more knowledgeable and scientific than me if who scaremongering can wave 2 and wave 3 be close together.
Will the vaccines prevent a 3rd wave as they too late for the 2nd.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.