Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read on TES that schools could close but remain open with “skeleton staff” for children or front line workers. How would they decide which teachers have to work?!

ETA: don’t know if it’s been mentioned on here but apparently they’ll be an announcement on Tuesday...

Reactions: 1
It’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and we decided to stick with the long planned trip to oxford. It was still
Quite busy and we saw quite a few Chinese/Asian people wearing surgical masks. The ones that we’ve been told are no good.

she was so disappointed though because one of the main reasons for going is that it’s our closest urban outfitters and it’s closed. All stores are closed until at least the end of March.

as an aside I’ve also been trying to buy sanitary products as I’m on my period and I can’t get any. I’ve tried stores in my home town and I tried boots Superdrug and Sainsbury’s in oxford today. I have enough in various handbags to see me through until tomorrow lunch time ish but what then? And then next week my daughter is due on.
What other stores were closed?

Piers Morgan has just tweeted this:

BREAKING: 14 more deaths in UK from #Coronavirus - a 66% increase on yesterday.

It's no wonder people are concerned and some are panicking when prominent media people put idiotic and irresponsible statements like this on social media. He is pushing an agenda that the government has it all wrong (cant help wondering if there is some level of spite in this because the government wont send MP's onto GMB) and so chooses to present the number in the most alarmist way and ignoring any of the context.
I’m really surprised at Piers as he’s normally the voice of reason but he seems to be in panic mode about this virus!

Reactions: 2
I’m really surprised at Piers as he’s normally the voice of reason but he seems to be in panic mode about this virus!
I enjoyed all his posts about Meghan but I've had to mute him over the coronavirus as he's doing my head in!

On the note of sanitary products I was scared to run out also and don't enjoy the moon up so ordered some reusable pads. Just incase.

On my Facebook a woman is having a utter meltdown as she can not buy any fussli pasta for her son. And when I say meltdown I really do mean it. Her son is going to starve as he won't eat any other pasta. She is begging for Fussli pasta from her friend.
What a utterly ridiculous women.
Food is food he will eat when he's hungry. I am so angry reading her post she needs to think about the bigger picture. People in the world are bleeping starving and she has a meltdown as she can't get fussli pasta.
Sorry rant over.
The thing is though, the boy might have additional needs. It could be a big trigger if he was on the autistic spectrum.

Reactions: 4
The thing is though, the boy might have additional needs. It would be a big trigger if he was on the autistic spectrum.
This.. i, funnily enough, have a lady with exactly the same issue on Facebook and know her son is on the spectrum.. funnily enough all of us mums are offering to keep an eye out for some....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and we decided to stick with the long planned trip to oxford. It was still
Quite busy and we saw quite a few Chinese/Asian people wearing surgical masks. The ones that we’ve been told are no good.

she was so disappointed though because one of the main reasons for going is that it’s our closest urban outfitters and it’s closed. All stores are closed until at least the end of March.

as an aside I’ve also been trying to buy sanitary products as I’m on my period and I can’t get any. I’ve tried stores in my home town and I tried boots Superdrug and Sainsbury’s in oxford today. I have enough in various handbags to see me through until tomorrow lunch time ish but what then? And then next week my daughter is due on.
Mooncup?

Anyone else absolutely terrified of the prospect of a total lockdown and not getting paid? I have no idea what I'll do. I dont know if my boss will pay us anything if we all have to stop working, I cant see it to be honest.
I'm temporarily closing my business from tomorrow. Profits are down 80% and at this point it's costing me money just to keep it up and running. I sell mainly party supplies, so it's understandable with people cancelling gatherings.

My husband has been at his current job for less than a year and so isn't entitled to any sick pay should he have to self isolate. 😖

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This women's child has no medical issues. It's called spoilt brat syndrome

Before you reply just take a moment to think what people with elderly parents are going through.
Like my parents you mean?
Don't be a bleep... Noone likes a bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This.. i, funnily enough, have a lady with exactly the same issue on Facebook and know her son is on the spectrum.. funnily enough all of us mums are offering to keep an eye out for some....
Good for you Mums that's really important. If the child is on the spectrum as you say they deserve support. Hey ho who am I to judge.
I would be interested to know where in the country you are. Maybe we could do a swap, I can give you some Fussli Pasta if you can give my parents the medication they need to survive this crisis.

I had same problem. There was none in Aldi. I managed to get some in Asda but that was last Tue morning. Hopefully tomorrow the shops will re stock.

A menstrual cup is a feminine hygiene device that is inserted into the vagina during menstruation. Its purpose is to collect menstrual fluid and prevent its leaking onto clothes. Menstrual cups are usually made of flexible medical grade silicone and shaped like a bell with a stem

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.