Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been arguing with my childrens dad the last few days, please someone tell me I'm in the right . He is going to a country on the list for quarantine when you return . He has told me he doesnt plan to do so . I've told him he isnt getting the kids now I'm in the wrong because this is just a made up illness and I shouldnt be listening to the government
I wouldn't let my child go to anyone if ignoring it, dad or not.

Reactions: 2
Also a scrooge here. I'm very introverted and hate being forced into situations as it is 😂 Was planning on having Christmas with my mum down south but that won't be happening now. I live 5 minutes away from mother in law which is a 5 person house. If its a rule of 6 for Christmas then I can't go to MILs for Christmas either... What a shame...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Click through to the full thread

All pubs, restaurants, non-essential shops to close until Dec 2

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So we've just been in to town to do the last of our Christmas shopping. Did the kids ages ago but managed to get everything for the rest of the family. It was eerily quiet though which was surprising

Reactions: 3
So we've just been in to town to do the last of our Christmas shopping. Did the kids ages ago but managed to get everything for the rest of the family. It was eerily quiet though which was surprising
Everyone is in the supermarkets... Asda and M&S were both heaving, and our butcher said he’s been the busiest he’s been since last Christmas today!

Click through to the full thread

All pubs, restaurants, non-essential shops to close until Dec 2
A little bit late for them to be discouraging travel within the UK, when we've just had half term and people moving around the country en mass.

Reactions: 9
If I have to be traumatised by this thanks to my dad, then so does everyone else

... Boris Spears everyone

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The opinion poll for this thread makes for interesting reading. At present the consensus is that we need a national lockdown, and yet we're prepared to break those lockdown rules for Christmas.

In that regard it could be argued the virus will never go away if the whole idea of a lockdown is needed but subsequently ignored.

• Haha
Sorry but I don’t understand why the schools can’t at least use a blended learning approach. (I’m not saying shut the schools before anyone jumps down my throat..)

The majority or their parents will be at home anyway since the whole country is locking down bar schools

Reactions: 4
The opinion poll for this thread makes for interesting reading. At present the consensus is that we need a national lockdown, and yet we're prepared to break those lockdown rules for Christmas.

In that regard it could be argued the virus will never go away if the whole idea of a lockdown is needed but subsequently ignored.
Once we don’t blame the poll creator we’re good 😬

Ive seen several people (in my personal life) say today that the lockdown is needed so that we can have a more normal christmas.
I don't know what planet these people are on really. I absolutely love Christmas but the world doesn't revolve around 3 days.

Reactions: 11
Outbound international travel banned has just made me physically sick.

• Sad
My entire street is having a power outage so I might not even be able to watch the press conference🤯 could the timing be any worse.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I get schools staying open, but I’m worried about universities. My mum works as support staff at a university, and is so worried about having to be in contact with students for the next few weeks... I really really hope either the national stuff, or her university ban/minimise practicals. She doesn’t work in a department where practicals are vital, I don’t think so hoping there is some sense/restriction despite them staying “open”

Let’s do this before boris comes on as a guest dancer on strictly....

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.