Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some time today, it was ment to be 4PM but later I heard it was 5PM, they can't even make up their bleeping minds what time to do the press conference..
Standard 😏 Anyone down London? Fancy egging bozzas house 😅 Happy Halloween to you and your tit hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Absolutely no toilet roll in my local asda or morrisons this morning 🥴
I've borrowed some off my sister and will try again tomorrow!
You've "borrowed" toilet roll 😵

So are you going to return it when you've finished with it? :m

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really dont want schools to close. My kids have been on the SEN list and are now back in the flow of things and making progress. They are such sociable kids, they hated the last lockdown 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I really dont want schools to close. My kids have been on the SEN list and are now back in the flow of things and making progress. They are such sociable kids, they hated the last lockdown 😔
They were saying at lunch time schools, colleges and Unis will stay open.
What a bleeping farce this country is.

Caught up on phone of course welsh relatives planning where they going to go soon and saying well its only fair England locks down.
But i said ours is for 4 weeks wales only 2 and Scotland not had national lockdown.
I've been thinking about the Scotland lockdown situation and the thing is that Scotland hasn't had a full national lockdown this time round (at the moment) because we've acted quicker than England.

At the start of all of this it was said we were a couple of weeks behind London with where we were, and yet our tougher restrictions started in September this time round and then got more severe in October, when everything in England seemed to still be business as 'usual. Our numbers are starting to show that things are going in the right directions for us, and yet even now the toughest restrictions in England aren't on a par with less strict measures in Scotland.

England have basically been running on lesser restrictions and let it get completely away from them so they're going to go from vague normality to an actual lockdown which is going to be tougher for everyone facing it.

Reactions: 8
I’d honestly rather die than do an Aus/NZ situation where they lock up their citizens inside the borders and don’t let anyone in or out. Why can’t we just test at the bloody airports?? I might finally have to make that call to my doctor tomorrow. I’m really sad that this tit has made me need to go back on my meds when I’ve been free of them for years.
Where I live, they are starting to do "rapid" testing at airports on arrival. The results will be back within 2 days so they won't have to quarantine for 14 days.

Reactions: 3
Where I live, they are starting to do "rapid" testing at airports on arrival. The results will be back within 2 days so they won't have to quarantine for 14 days.
This is all I want! I’d even pay extra if I had to. People need to get back to their loved ones

I've been thinking about the Scotland lockdown situation and the thing is that Scotland hasn't had a full national lockdown this time round (at the moment) because we've acted quicker than England.

At the start of all of this it was said we were a couple of weeks behind London with where we were, and yet our tougher restrictions started in September this time round and then got more severe in October, when everything in England seemed to still be business as 'usual. Our numbers are starting to show that things are going in the right directions for us, and yet even now the toughest restrictions in England aren't on a par with less strict measures in Scotland.

England have basically been running on lesser restrictions and let it get completely away from them so they're going to go from vague normality to an actual lockdown which is going to be tougher for everyone facing it.
I agree.
We've (England) always been pushing it until the very last possible moment and then taking action. Even when that means going against scientific advice for what's best for health. I do get the need to protect the economy and I know it's an imossible balance to get right.

Scotland have always made much more decisive decisions.

It's hard to take our Government seriously with all this chopping and changing and tiers and so on. It's all been so confusing and indecisive.

Reactions: 6
Glad to see the people of Scotland have not got the message about this being an English announcement. Just back from a hellish trip to Asda with no bog roll, no flour and no bloody spaghetti hoops with the little sausages 💔 And they were out of my favourite wine 😭 Now I’ve got to go and pretend I have any sort of mothering energy to carve four pumpkins. Honestly, if it’s not Raab on my tv, I’m heading for Nepal.

• Sad
  • Haha
Been arguing with my childrens dad the last few days, please someone tell me I'm in the right . He is going to a country on the list for quarantine when you return . He has told me he doesnt plan to do so . I've told him he isnt getting the kids now I'm in the wrong because this is just a made up illness and I shouldnt be listening to the government

• Wow
  • Angry
Glad to see the people of Scotland have not got the message about this being an English announcement. Just back from a hellish trip to Asda with no bog roll, no flour and no bloody spaghetti hoops with the little sausages 💔 And they were out of my favourite wine 😭 Now I’ve got to go and pretend I have any sort of mothering energy to carve four pumpkins. Honestly, if it’s not Raab on my tv, I’m heading for Nepal.
I suspect very much like the first lockdown there will be a general sense of panic in the shops. But ultimately, give it a few days and it will correct itself and a sense of "normality" will return.

Reactions: 5
Now we have to wait till 5PM, they are dragging it out again.

Reactions: 2
Been arguing with my childrens dad the last few days, please someone tell me I'm in the right . He is going to a country on the list for quarantine when you return . He has told me he doesnt plan to do so . I've told him he isnt getting the kids now I'm in the wrong because this is just a made up illness and I shouldnt be listening to the government
You are right he is wrong.

Reactions: 4
It's a no Brainer, YOU are correct.

The panic buying is what I find so upsetting. I bet it's happening again right now. I've got a Tesco delivery due tonight and I'll be shocked if there are not loads of items missing.

I'm just praying the shops put a stop to it asap because to be fair once they got the stock under control during the first lockdown things were mostly fine. I do utterly despair of my fellow human beings though, causing so much needless anguish out of pure greed and selfishness.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.