Votes: 196 39.0%
  • Will you break lockdown rules for Christmas? Yes 🤫

Votes: 248 49.3%
  • Will you break lockdown rules for Christmas? No 😇

Votes: 189 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading some of the comments on related articles in the Telegraph this morning, only underline how confused and fatigued people are becoming with this constant doom & gloom headlining, especially when meaningless charts and graphs are brought in as empirical evidence that the End is Nigh!

Is there any wonder there is growing resistance to the Science!

Reactions: 13
Just want to start by saying - not at all a "covid conspirator" or "90% false positives" person or anything like that. Just a bit curious.

My brother tested positive for covid after catching it at work, he developed a cough but nothing more dramatic (he's only 20 and fit and healthy). However he spent time with his girlfriend, my dad and my mum before he found out he had been exposed and they have all tested negative. In my head it doesn't measure up with what we've been hearing about how infectious it is. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How are Aus managing the economic fallout? Genuine question, a lot of the way in which Europe has handled the pandemic is due to needing to balance the economy as well as health. Which is why we were all actively encouraged to go out to eat/drink in the summer and things opened back up.
We acted early enough to mitigate the economic fallout.

We closed both our international and state borders fast, so some states have been running as normal as they have 0 cases. It’s only been Melbourne that has had a second wave because of a security breach in one of the quarantine hotels.

Around 1 million Australians lost their jobs due to the lockdown (including me) but the government introduced monetary support packages to keep us going.

If it wasn’t for government support, we would’ve been screwed. They actually gave me more money than I got working! But because of that, the government is in debt now. So it might take us years to recover. We were in a recession at the beginning of this year, but we’re coming out of it now.

I think Australia had 4 new cases today. We still have to wear masks in public (in Melbourne) but the rest of the states are business as usual.

I think if you lockdown fast and hard, the better the economy will be in the long run. To keep opening up and going back into lockdown is a disaster for the economy. We won’t go back into lockdown again. It’s all up to the contract tracers now.

Reactions: 21
Just want to start by saying - not at all a "covid conspirator" or "90% false positives" person or anything like that. Just a bit curious.

My brother tested positive for covid after catching it at work, he developed a cough but nothing more dramatic (he's only 20 and fit and healthy). However he spent time with his girlfriend, my dad and my mum before he found out he had been exposed and they have all tested negative. In my head it doesn't measure up with what we've been hearing about how infectious it is. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Yep
My dad tested positive, I actually did his test for him, both myself and my sister and his partner were all close contacts and isolated but none of us tested positive 🤷‍♀️ very strange, also my dad has heart failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, epilepsy and complications from a brain injury and thank heavens he only developed mild symptoms 😩😩 I am terrified that it may have long term effects on his health but for now he has recovered well.......my friend who is in her 40's and otherwise in fantastic health is suffering terribly with the effects of long covid.....her body is being overran with all kinds of neurological problems with no end in sight for her.....this is one disease that makes no sense at all xx

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Friend of mine was in a similar situation. Some of her family tested positive then her boyfriend also did. She tested negative to begin with and it took her 9 days to start getting symptoms and eventually test positive. I guess that’s why it’s 14 days isolation!

Reactions: 7
I think if you lockdown fast and hard, the better the economy will be in the long run. To keep opening up and going back into lockdown is a disaster for the economy. We won’t go back into lockdown again. It’s all up to the contract tracers now.
That is so depressing to read. Gosh, you guys are so lucky.

We are totally totally fucked.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I can’t quote from the last thread but I don’t think they were sending back blank tests to be funny I think it was more caus they’re young boys with bills and can’t afford to isolate. Don’t get me wrong, they are dickheads on times and I wouldn’t put it past them to do something like that for a laugh but I think it was more not wanting to take the test in case they had to isolate. They aren’t lying to get tests, they’re required by work to have them.

Woke up today feeling meh. Just feel a bit flat. There's nothing to look forward to and even Christmas isn't exciting me this year. Miss taking my kids out for the day and just having fun. Everything just feels a bit tit today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Woke up today feeling meh. Just feel a bit flat. There's nothing to look forward to and even Christmas isn't exciting me this year. Miss taking my kids out for the day and just having fun. Everything just feels a bit tit today.
Same here. Been awake since 5.30 and just couldn’t get back to sleep even though I currently have symptoms and one of them is fatigue 🙄 I’ve slept well so far but still could easily nap in the day too.

We are four days into isolation and still waiting for results. Test taken Monday so not too bad so far I guess.

This may be unpopular but I do kind of hope I have it, otherwise this isolation is for nothing and we are more than likely gonna have to go through it again when we do get it. Stepchildren can’t go back to their mums, our half term is very boring so far, kids are pushing each other’s (and my!) buttons even though I’ve tried to find a balance of doing things together/everyone getting alone time.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I can’t quote from the last thread but I don’t think they were sending back blank tests to be funny I think it was more caus they’re young boys with bills and can’t afford to isolate. Don’t get me wrong, they are dickheads on times and I wouldn’t put it past them to do something like that for a laugh but I think it was more not wanting to take the test in case they had to isolate. They aren’t lying to get tests, they’re required by work to have them.
But they're wasting tests. There are health care workers and carers who struggle to get a test and then you have dickheads like them pissing around with the system.
If your work require you to test and you don't want to, then hand in your resignation.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Yeah my BIL and two of his daughters tested pos his wife and two sons and another daughter tested neg... he has significant health problems btw but all had no symptoms only the daughter that initially tested pos, she had a very mild case...I’d nearly stick my neck out and say only those with symptoms actually have it

It’s back in China by the look of it https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...o-tier-3-and-protests-erupt-in-italy-12115680

Reactions: 2
I'm tired today. Tired of all the squabbling and bullshit on social media. I've shut down my Facebook for my own sanity.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
But they're wasting tests. There are health care workers and carers who struggle to get a test and then you have dickheads like them pissing around with the system.
If your work require you to test and you don't want to, then hand in your resignation.
I agree it’s a waste of a test. But I would say they definitely aren’t the only people in the world who can’t afford to be off isolating. It’s not always people being dicks. If it’s a choice of fake a test and keep your house or potentially have to isolate and then risk losing it (some of them have kids) then what do you do 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I agree it’s a waste of a test. But I would say they definitely aren’t the only people in the world who can’t afford to be off isolating. It’s not always people being dicks. If it’s a choice of fake a test and keep your house or potentially have to isolate and then risk losing it (some of them have kids) then what do you do 🤷‍♀️
What line of work are they in? If they are being tested weekly I'd have thought it's because there are serious repercussions to someone being positive and at work but then I've only heard of weekly testing being done in care homes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
What line of work are they in? If they are being tested weekly I'd have thought it's because there are serious repercussions to someone being positive and at work but then I've I ky heard of weekly testing being done in care homes.
I know some work for a big engineering/manufacturing (i think it’s something along those lines but i really don’t know) company. I think they may have travel for work though so maybe that’s why? Or it’s just to keep them on work. I don’t think the tests are weekly or anything like that? I really am not sure in the details but I’ll ask my friend and update 😂 I’m not sure about the others. But I know the companies pay for the tests

I think some households must be better at limiting the spread between them as well

Reactions: 3
If they need the money so badly that they're willing to risk putting other people at risk, and ultimately risk their jobs too, why aren't they opening this up to the press?

Sounds like it backfired anyway if they got positive results, they would have had to isolate anyway. Not like they could turn round to work and say they had sent back a test that hadn't been done, not to mention the lab would be able to tell.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.