Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
322 MPs have just voted against free school meals for families over the holiday periods. (Till Easter) I am so ashamed of England, doing this during a global pandemic, when families are struggling and people are losing their jobs through no fault of their owns. People who were getting along fine in life suddenly just on or below the poverty line. I am absolutely outraged and emotionally upset. It’s bleeding 2020 and there is no need for children to be going to be hungry.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
It was the vouchers over lockdown. She ordered online they wernt in 5 pound increments. They got a lump sum before the summer holidays.
It says quite clearly in the regulations of the voucher scheme they are only to be used for food and groceries so very silly of John Lewis as they won’t be able to claim it back.

You will always get some who misuse schemes, it doesn’t mean they should exist or every person is.

Reactions: 7
Can we please go back to the covid 😂 this thread is a dumpster fire right now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Honesty shocked by the rudeness of People on this thread. Making out I'm lying..way to make people feel tit. Dont think I will bother with tattle anymore.
I dont think people are being rude. It's just their are always lots of these stories of a few bad eggs using their benefits innapropriately and its not the norm. The reality is a lot of these people are struggling and stories like these undermine their struggle.

Reactions: 14
I didn’t say you was lying. I said it sounds like a lie, said person obviously didn’t buy a telly from John Lewis online with school meal vouchers. It doesn’t work like that.

You’ve made very derogatory and assumptive comments on low income families, if you can’t take what you give, maybe you shouldn’t be on a gossip forum 🤨

Reactions: 13
OMGGGGGG. So someone at work had a test Monday night. They have been to work yesterday (not mentioned the test). Rang in this morning saying they have covid. How stupid are people?!

They have wiped out the whole morning shift who are now self isolating. On a back to back today and a double shift tomorrow. Cheers for over time 😏

• Wow
Reactions: 16
The vouchers can be spent on anything in store someone i know bought a TV from john Lewis with hers!.
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

propaganda at its finest. Please let me know where I can get these vouchers. Also could I get a new iPhone 12 with it. Seeing as I’m on PIP as I’m genuinely disabled. Also do you read and believe everything you read in the daily mail and believe everything you see on channel 5.
I’ve been reading these threads for weeks but just had to comment on this crap.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
322 MPs have just voted against free school meals for families over the holiday periods. (Till Easter) I am so ashamed of England, doing this during a global pandemic, when families are struggling and people are losing their jobs through no fault of their owns. People who were getting along fine in life suddenly just on or below the poverty line. I am absolutely outraged and emotionally upset. It’s bleeding 2020 and there is no need for children to be going to be hungry.
Voted in favour of giving themselves a pay rise though didn't they!?
Haven't done duck all since Feb. I emailed my MP in April, didn't hear back until AUGUST. I couldn't believe the audacity of the man emailing me back so many months later! I replied same day, still awaiting the response 🤣. The actual issue is sorted now but I'd like to see how long he waits to reply.

MOVING ON FROM THE VOUCHER TELLY DEBATE......

Lockdown eve is trending on Twitter.
it’s like a really fucked up christmas, But at least there was no elf on the shelf.

omg, we’re gonna have fuckers putting masks on elves aren’t we.
And putting masks on the baby Jesus for the lols. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It's disgusting. Can pump billions into a track and trace system that doesn't work but can't find the money to feed kids?!

MOVING ON FROM MY VOUCHER TELLY......

it’s like a really fucked up christmas, But at least there was no elf on the shelf.

The bright side... at least there'll be no school nativity plays this year 🤷‍♀️

I’d give my very last penny to make sure no child went hungry. If I have to pay more taxes to make sure vulnerable children don’t go to bed listening to their tummy rumble, take my money. This isn’t about the parents, it’s about the children.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
MOVING ON FROM THE VOUCHER TELLY DEBATE......

Buzzing for all the covid themed elf on the shelf antics 😆😆😆 surprised I havent seen specially made kits for it, elf sized masks, thermometer and tests in home bargains 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Buzzing for all the covid themed elf on the shelf antics 😆😆😆 surprised I havent seen specially made kits for it, elf sized masks, thermometer and tests in home bargains 😆
There’s time yet don’t tempt fate. They’ll be over it like a rash.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

another bright side (I'm all for finding the positives folks) if you get fed up of elf on the shelf, you can just hide it and say he/she tested positive for corona and has to go back to the north pole to isolate 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
And yet the independent parliamentary standards authority, has recommended MPs receive a £3,300 pay rise next year, taking their pay to around £82k despite the fact the country is heading for a deep recession, a huge rise in unemployment, poverty, depression, suicides, mental illnes, civil unrest and a general sense of doom and gloom, with massive tax rises and cuts in services the glaring prospect to pay for it all when this shitshow is finally over.

Boris is talking of another 6 months of this, but it could well be another 12. No one knows for sure, not even the so-called experts. But they don't and won't care because they're on the government payroll, and are too rich enough to notice what the real world will look like for the ordinary punters having to tolerate this horseshit.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
We've had other parents who know another family is struggling (via WhatsApp parents chat) and come in to school and as a group paid for their children's school meals until December. This happened 2 weeks ago and I think about it constantly. Made me and several other teachers bawl in the staff room as we had no idea the family was facing such hardship.

Both parents very affluent high flying jobs in aviation, now on universal credit which doesnt even cover their mortgage, never mind food for their kids.

Edit: We also had parents come in to return their vouchers to give to others as they didn't want to use them if not needed when someone else will need them more. These parents are a pain in the ASS on a normal day but they've filled my heart so much since March.
That is just so lovely. Restores your faith in humanity a bit. Not good for the parents to be struggling of course but the fact that people came together to help them it’s heart warming.

My local mp voted against feeding kids (I’m being hyperbolic but that’s basically what it boils down to). I’m disgusted but not surprised, he never votes for anything that will actually benefit the people who live in his constituency. Sad thing is the rich and elderly people in my borough will continue to blindly vote Tory, even though it’s been shown time and time again that he gives absolutely no fucks. So we’re stuck with the bleep or some other Tory bleep, for eternity.

• Heart
As I have said she got a lump sum for 3 children before the summer holidays it was like 10 pound a week per child. So times that by 6 weeks.
Our school did the same thing, although it was £15 per week, per child. I know a few parents who abused it but for many it was a life line.
The majority shouldn't be penalised for the few who took the piss.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.