Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When watching the deaths go up last time there was always the comfort that we were all doing what we could to reduce it. Now it just feels we are watching it go up whilst everyone argues about what to do and no one does anything.

Reactions: 29
It’s like a race to see who can report the numbers first 😂

looks like pubs in the ROI will remain shut until 2021.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Mehole is Taoiseach right now, he was handed the poison chalice a few months back,
Leo is Tánaiste until 2022 when he takes over as Taoiseach again.

well, that’s the plan, but Leo has lost a lot of support, what with him being a dick 😬

(coalition FF/FG government)
So is mehole his nickname or his actual name.
Is taosich irish for priminister or president.
Who's higher than mehole.
What does leo do these days.

I think power share is good for ni.
Michelle seems more rational than arlene.

My 2nd child had share school council with another girl as votes were equal so half the year each.
Must be confusing when they take it in turns playing priminister.
We not used to coalitions in uk although i do miss Nick i agreed with him on so many things.

I accept when schools reopened it was community transmission
Nows its schools.
Israel said it was education that led to 2nd lockdown.
New York and many other American states keeping schools shut.
Let's be clear uk schools are large.
Large classes and bubbles upto 300
Poor ventilated crammed classrooms
No social distancing or masks

We done nothing to make return safer other than lie and say kids dont spread it.

I agree with Andy Burnham.
Its a mess people need more than 2/3
Tories will lose most northern seats they have at next election.

The issue in England is once you in local lockdown you never come out.
There's no set time frame like 4 weeks ni. 17days Wales or 6 weeks Ireland.
Once manchester in tier 3 god knows when they come come out of it.
Lancashire got more money and less restrictions than Liverpool.
Government blaming manchester.
We all know our government never like to do a deal. Fight to the death.

Are Liverpool and Manchester similar sizes.

I guess 5pm conference is final warning machester like i give my kids or imposing level 3 by force.

Tiers were meant create simplicity.
But no criteria in what things put areas into and out of tiers.
Whys Nottingham been let off.

If Labour could ditch kier and take on Andy i be tempted vote for them.

Reactions: 3
There was 1 death reported today in Wales, 3 yesterday yet the whole country going into total lockdown on Friday.
I work in a hospital in Wales, the number of people in our ITU Is doubling every 2 to 3 days. When I was last in work last week there were 12 patients in ITU, today there are 80 something. The deaths are yet to come sadly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It’s like a race to see who can report the numbers first 😂

looks like pubs in the ROI will remain shut until 2021.
Wet pubs or ones that serve a substantial meal like England ?

21,331 cases today

241 deaths 😥
tit thats highest yet cases wise

Ok mad thourght.

Boris realised he can't keep negotiating individually with councils about moving tiers.
Having speak to Labour councils must be boring him stupid.

Could be be a strategy they been playing over last week.
Announce national lockdown but blame andy Burnham that he never wanted to do this.

Last edited:
Some of these northern mayor's seem way out of their depth. Talking about saving every single job and funding for 6 months. Sadly lots of jobs won't be viable for a long time and even if there was a safe 100% effective vaccine available today it won't all be over in 6 months.

I don't think wishful thinking and kicking a can down the road really helps.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am glad I have almost finished my Christmas shopping since it seems there could be more lockdowns.

BBC reporting that "at 2pm the government walked away from negotiations" (with Manchester / Andy Burnham).

On the one hand I have to admire Andy Burnham for fighting for his city and bringing some sort of challenge to the government at last. I wish Sadiq Khan would stick up for my city London for once instead of constantly doing it down.

On the other hand I am absolutely baffled as to why the government has once again done such a pisspoor job that there is even room for any negotiation or discussion. Something like this it should be watertight rules and specifications, i.e. "hit X cases and move into tier 3. get it down to Y and go back to tier 2", with no wiggle room.

Reactions: 19
I think it is crazy how many people are so outraged at Andy Burnham demanding a fairer financial package for the new set of lockdowns the government are going to propose (which will last months) but don't give a tit that this government are handing "contracts" to their mates left right and centre with no tender process (!!!), and no transparency.
Some of these companies hadn't even traded before they won multi million pound contracts.

£122MILLION

£32 MILLION -75% up front, absolutely not standard.

This is only 2 of 5 mega PPE contracts with dodgy procurement.

And yet Andy Burnham is playing politics for asking for an extra 5m :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
lol, the BBC News channel has overlaid a Sign Language lady onto the picture, some of the faces she is pulling are hilarious!

Reactions: 2
What financial support is being offered in the ROI? There will be no pubs left to open by then😩
This is awful, independent pubs everywhere (here in London anyway, but I imagine it is similar elsewhere?) have been closing at an alarming rate, closing all of them like this especially over the festive period will be a disaster. I feel so bad for anyone working in hospitality. What I don't understand is really how this will help, in pubs/restaurants etc there is staff to make sure people distance, it will just mean people gather in homes where noone is enforcing anything imo

anyone know what the reason Whitty is not there?

Reactions: 1
ooooh at long last they are showing some statistics broken down by decent age bands rather than lumping everything 18-64 together as one age group. Well done, it's only taken 7 months!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.